Pvp dailies how they should have been.....

theblackjew

New Dailies

Voidstar:

X amount of defender/objective point from dotting players trying to cap

Plant(explosion)/slicing consoles/defusing yield credit

Huttball

X amount of heals on ball carrier

X amount of defense of ball carrier

Passing 2 time from X distance resulting in a cap(I'd say from the speed boost point up)

Cap the ball:

Killing blow on carrier in your end zone

Civil War:

(The credit goes to the owner of the point)

X amount of healing on a contested point

X amount of KB on a contested point

Slicing a turrent

X amount of defense contested point

100-200 WZ kills daily instead of Ilum.

Ilum daily decreased made kills only there is another half of Ilum for collecting respawned items.

I mean if they added two sets of dailies and players could choose making the 3 wins the fast one and the objective maybe 15 or so credit. Allowing people who want to gamble on 3 straight wins and people who like consistency. I mean the 5min cd on kills hasn't really stopped kill trading just made them wait an extra 2 minutes. The arms callect is just awful they didn't like old Ilum objective trading and they made a pure PvE way of finishing the quest. I personally think is just terrible. People take 4-6h to finish these dailies and when they say it takes to long you claim gear babies. I'm sorry we are all casual gear grinds under this system. Not one of these dailies evaluates any form of skill. If they gave an objective based daily people would stay in losing game helping the rotworm score, warzones closure in 120 seconds. There will never be a perfect system that no one will exploit. There will always be people who find a system or cheat int he game. If they gave people a choice of the short risky way or a longer earned way. If they add a grouped warzone que make a choice for a 4 or 5 win daily or an increase objective daily. Where a lot of the selfish factor that would lose game happens less. I assume they would be guild/friends. Personally I want to see some control in my success/failure. In a raid a bad will not get loot or get kicked in pvp he can do nothing that game and still get a decent amount of valor. I wouldn't suggest giving WZ any real power a high valor level mean you have time. You can never expect teamwork from pugs, like expecting monkeys to do Calculus.

I also made this an open ended discussion so throw your healer credit ideas in. I'm sure you guys can all throw in an idea or two that would be pretty great. I'm sure a community of millions can put a lot more idea out than a team of 10 devs

Edited by theblackjew

you know what we need.

people not passing the ball and costing the game because they want to get their daily done.

We also need people who are good at protecting the cappers from interrupts (sorcs for example) too busy trying to get their daily done...

Heck setting dailies related to medal tallies would be less counter productive than this.

you know what we need.

people not passing the ball and costing the game because they want to get their daily done.

We also need people who are good at protecting the cappers from interrupts (sorcs for example) too busy trying to get their daily done...

Heck setting dailies related to medal tallies would be less counter productive than this.

This is different how? Most games I doubt they bind Throw Huttbal..

Yea, healers can get a killing blow but nowhere near as easily as a DPS can. Besides, time spent doing (pathetic) dps as a healer is time spent not healing the rest of the team. This is counter-productive. PvPers need to stop thinking about "kill kill kill" and need to start thinking about "teamwork teamwork teamwork". PvP should be similar to PvE but without A.I. Like how it is now. There is an objective that in and of itself requires no pvp (scoring a ball, capping a node, planting a bomb) but in order for these objectives to be completed you have to move through enemies, that happen to be played by actual people.

The way it is now works fine. A lot of people cant get their dailies done because of premades. The only fix I would do (temporarily) is change the requirement from "Win 3 Warzones" to "Participate in 3 Warzones". This can be changed back to "Win 3 Warzones" when 8v8 premade Ranked Warzones come out.

Yea, healers can get a killing blow but nowhere near as easily as a DPS can. Besides, time spent doing (pathetic) dps as a healer is time spent not healing the rest of the team. This is counter-productive. PvPers need to stop thinking about "kill kill kill" and need to start thinking about "teamwork teamwork teamwork". PvP should be similar to PvE but without A.I. Like how it is now. There is an objective that in and of itself requires no pvp (scoring a ball, capping a node, planting a bomb) but in order for these objectives to be completed you have to move through enemies, that happen to be played by actual people.

The way it is now works fine. A lot of people cant get their dailies done because of premades. The only fix I would do (temporarily) is change the requirement from "Win 3 Warzones" to "Participate in 3 Warzones". This can be changed back to "Win 3 Warzones" when 8v8 premade Ranked Warzones come out.

I get what you are saying, but this would reward the exceptionable player. This is still a pug system and the fact is there is no possible way to force teamwork. You tell the team how they can win they don't do it we lose. Three way split in civil war we lose because we over extended. When you talk raids you are still under a leader that at any point can kick you or take away loot. In pvp the leader has a higher valor lvl doesn't mean much, he has no real power. Most of the flaws in this method happen anyway. I see 6 people run to defuse while all of them are in aoes and I see a guy with 10% health trying to run a ball. You still get credit for winning, but you deserve more for being exceptional.

you cant bind a daily on objektives.

in Dominion map, im usualy siting entire time at left side,

telling incs, checking the minimap, sending the guys from right to midle,

and defending the left side.

with bad luck, im geting like 1-2 incs in game, rest oftime im siting there, trying to lead my team to victory, but 80% of time simple chating (and using stealthscan drones -.-)

to get my daily with your idea, i cannot do that anymore and must run around making objektives.

BUT ! i absolute agree, thet you shud suport the objektives WAY MORE then the stupid zerging !

i coud take that in form of medals !

you directly suportet few goals in huttball with (passing/healing/guarding/ etc?) gew a medal !

you did the self thing with (dis)arming, Caping objektives and stuff ? make it 5 times, and get a medal.

not, the best hutball players, are geting like 1-2 medals, becouse they waere making the 6:0 posible.

somm zergers, that was runningentire time, and shoting on a guarded healer, are geting 10 medals cos of dmg, heal, guar, max hit and stuff.

So my opinion (and i wrote once allready a detailed and constructive thread about it)

it is posible to get players zergless and play good more !

if i woud take 1 houer, id deliver you good ideas.

if i woud take 1 Day, id deliver you good and balanced ideas.

if i woud take 1 weak with my mates, we woud deliver you construktive ideas, for eatch warzone, that woud be 99% not abusable and woud bring way more fun in pvp.

just tell me, that some1 will read this after we are donne, and it will have chanse of implementation.....

until that ....

Edited by Vilkaz

there is a far easier way to force people to play better:

just make a win count much more than a lose. delete the medals from the game. not every class has the same dmg capabilies. some classes have higher crits than others. some classes can both dps AND heal. some players dont bother about dps and just work to achieve the wz objective, they dont get medals for this.

the best way is to motivate people to play as a team instead of trying to score one piont for their daily. everyone in a wz should get the same amount of commendations and valor. also time should count in, the faster u win the more commendations u get.

there are many possible soulutions but they imply some serious experience and thinking on the developer side. its neither rocket science nor witchcraft just some thinkin, testing and a bit of math if it is meant to be a perfect system.

even the class balancing can be solved by two people: one who knows how working mathematical models are made and anotherone who knows how to code a tiny tool to test such models.

Edited by der_mawel

there is a far easier way to force people to play better:

just make a win count much more than a lose. delete the medals from the game. not every class has the same dmg capabilies. some classes have higher crits than others. some classes can both dps AND heal. some players dont bother about dps and just work to achieve the wz objective, they dont get medals for this.

the best way is to motivate people to play as a team instead of trying to score one piont for their daily. everyone in a wz should get the same amount of commendations and valor. also time should count in, the faster u win the more commendations u get.

That won't help they will play the same way just taking longer to achieve what they need. This issue really is worst in the BM where if its a losing game I gain nothing I need 3 wins 30 arms and I'm done. If you put people in control of some of the credit I would have some incentive to stay. If I can get one or 2 credit out of 5 even in a losing game I'm fine. If I have to rely on 7 people for my success I get annoyed.

I get what you are saying, but this would reward the exceptionable player. This is still a pug system and the fact is there is no possible way to force teamwork. You tell the team how they can win they don't do it we lose. Three way split in civil war we lose because we over extended. When you talk raids you are still under a leader that at any point can kick you or take away loot. In pvp the leader has a higher valor lvl doesn't mean much, he has no real power. Most of the flaws in this method happen anyway. I see 6 people run to defuse while all of them are in aoes and I see a guy with 10% health trying to run a ball. You still get credit for winning, but you deserve more for being exceptional.

I agree, really I do, but exceptional is arbitrary. Is the healer who heals the ball carrier through all the dps on him allowing him to score not also exceptional? Is the healer allowing 2 dps to defend a civil war node from 4 dps not also exceptional?

I'm not saying that healers are the be-all-end-all, they most certainly are not, but what you are suggesting would remove any reason to play a healer in a WZ. They might as well respec dps so they can get their killing blow easier or their defuse easier or whatever. This, in turn, would make the situations I named above less and less common, making wins for pugs less and less common. Some people who pug (myself included) play to win, not to farm kills or medals.

Anti-sign, no healer love. :mad:

^ This

And why in gods nam one would have to kill ballhandler in end zone ? If he is in Your end zone it is to late in most cases.

As for defuzing bombs people would let enemy team to plant it just to defuze it.

And what when one person would plant the bomb, extend the bridges, plant another one etc ?

Otherwise team would waste time waiting for another one to do objective.

Good You'r not a developer OP.

that is why u need a team u can rely on. and where if not in an mmo are u able to find such a team? if u see a good player in a wz just contact him after the wz. after some time ull find yourself in a premade team.

that said, i can feel your pain when playing with randoms, it can be a torture in huttball. but how are u going to reward someone who helped you to score a goal by disableing 5 enemies in the middle while u can escape with tha ball inhindered? he has contributed as much as u (if not more), why shouldnt he benefit from it?

such a reward system would be very complicated and would end up as a bugged patchwork of rules.

to be clear:

you would have to reward a player for interacting with an enmy who wants to interact with the ball carrier. or u will have to reward players for not killing enemies while running through the tunnels to the next objective in voidstar. or youll have to reward chat messeges in civil war. it wont work like that.

easier rules are in most cases better rules.

btw there is no way to balance pugs against premades. organized players with teamspeak wil allways be quicker due to real time overview over the wz.

Edited by der_mawel

^ This

And why in gods nam one would have to kill ballhandler in end zone ? If he is in Your end zone it is to late in most cases.

As for defuzing bombs people would let enemy team to plant it just to defuze it.

And what when one person would plant the bomb, extend the bridges, plant another one etc ?

Otherwise team would waste time waiting for another one to do objective.

Good You'r not a developer OP.

Really what game do you play, I've killed carriers 3 steps from the line. People will always cheat the system no matter what why it is set up. Making your argument completely invalid. I've seen healers plant bombs/defuse, most of them healer right at the door, healer or dps you still get interrupted. The fact still remains you are perfectly capable of capping a ball as a sorc, jugg/powertechs would have the biggest advantage naturally. Outside of that all I'm really hearing is excuses, in civil war and voidstar you can cap just like anyother class/spec. The difference between and average player and a good player I guess. If you think you can only do one thing spam heals you're not much better than those dps that team deathmatch in the middle. The only reason against this are bad player, bad player, bad player. I see the selfish **** done for medals all the time. Making it objective based won't stop a sniper with 30% who probably doesn't have throw bound to try to run it. What I'm saying is to stop the whole leave game and most people from not playing the game you have to give them an incentive. As a player in the BM grind I will always leave a group in full greens/losing games/ general bad player groups. I have very little control in the game as a sniper compared to a jug/powertech. Until they make a real premade system no I'm not going to wait 20min to q with 3 other people. I would rather have a system that narrows in on skill than how much time I have during the day. You still get the general credit for winning, but the guy who 6 capped deserves to finish his daily in one game. I'm sure they can count healing a ball carrier for an x amount as credit. x amount of heals on a contested point giving healer the easiest credit of all, making it 150k healing on a contested point. Dotting a player trying to plant a bomb which is the highest priority, all healer classes have some sort of aoe of that nature. It's nice to spam those number, but you can't get all annoyed when asked to do one or two extra jobs.

that is why u need a team u can rely on. and where if not in an mmo are u able to find such a team? if u see a good player in a wz just contact him after the wz. after some time ull find yourself in a premade team.

that said, i can feel your pain when playing with randoms, it can be a torture in huttball. but how are u going to reward someone who helped you to score a goal by disableing 5 enemies in the middle while u can escape with tha ball inhindered? he has contributed as much as u (if not more), why shouldnt he benefit from it?

such a reward system would be very complicated and would end up as a bugged patchwork of rules.

to be clear:

you would have to reward a player for interacting with an enmy who wants to interact with the ball carrier. or u will have to reward players for not killing enemies while running through the tunnels to the next objective in voidstar. or youll have to reward chat messeges in civil war. it wont work like that.

easier rules are in most cases better rules.

btw there is no way to balance pugs against premades. organized players with teamspeak wil allways be quicker due to real time overview over the wz.

Yeah, but there should be a separate place for team and mercenary(CoD reference). I'm all for group ques, but that isn't fair to put a working group against randoms. There will always be that option in the game. That isn't a valid argument, it happens already. there will be people who like me in old Ilum killed reps in objective trading. If I plant the bomb I'm going to dot to my last breath to stop the defuse. Ultimately people will take the 3/15 for winning a game instead of being selfish and losing it all. Other than Huttball where jugg/powertech have an advantage the rest are level playing fields. I really want a DEV response or something on this .