so I have a question?

Sarfux

I have since gotten past the whole GCD thing and it isn't really a problem for me anymore. I have adapted. But to those who still have a problem with it. If you say it's effecting you to play the game...

how can you stand the constant blaster fire?

or the constant flames with white flashing light that stays on screen and flickers for 10 seconds on your character?

or the lightsaber clashes every second in battle?

or stuff to that nature?

Can you explain to me how you can't stand the flashes telling you it's ready on the UI, but you can take all the other stuff happening in game that happens every second.

I am NOT trolling or being a buttwad. I'm just curious.

because none of those things stop me from telling if i can use a skill or not.

The skill you cant use still has the descending line and is slightly greyed out, but not as greyed out as things you cant use because they didnt proc. I personally liked the very first iteration the best, but for some reason people couldnt handle it? The newest one works well for me.

I can't exactly put it into words, but I have played LOADS of MMOs, and none of the others have had a problem adequately displaying when abilities can or cannot be used on hotbars, and I have no issues with any other flashing lights or graphics, *but* there is definitely something about this latest ability cooldown display method that really makes it uncomfortable to use, and hard to look at to spot when you can use an ability.

As I said in another thread, on my screen it's a bit like looking at an LCD screen outside it's viewing angle and I keep wanting to move my head to see the buttons better. I had no issues with the original version, or the "version 2" before this latest patch (although I will admit with version 2, it was a little difficult to see when something was ready for use with certain abilities that were certain colours when it got close to the end of the cooldown.).

I have since gotten past the whole GCD thing and it isn't really a problem for me anymore. I have adapted. But to those who still have a problem with it. If you say it's effecting you to play the game...

how can you stand the constant blaster fire?

or the constant flames with white flashing light that stays on screen and flickers for 10 seconds on your character?

or the lightsaber clashes every second in battle?

or stuff to that nature?

Can you explain to me how you can't stand the flashes telling you it's ready on the UI, but you can take all the other stuff happening in game that happens every second.

I am NOT trolling or being a buttwad. I'm just curious.

i have issues with colours so i have trouble seeing the difference.

Its my eyesights bad but it is the way it is. Dark colours all seem a close shade of dark.

If i alter the brightness to compensate (the recent changes) the light areas become superlight with no definition.

I didnt have a problem with the first UI.

Maybe there can be a option for different types of colour for colour blind people and people with visual defects / deficiences ? Who knows ? The new changes mean im squinting a lot and slightly less efficient in PVP.

Edited by Alpha-Llama

What I saw a lot of this morning and yesterday afternoon was people saying the flashing bit of it was giving them horrible eye strain headaches. I can't speak though, I haven't tried it yet. Some are saying it could be a form of motion sickness, which does concern me a bit. But like I say, I won't be gaming till Saturday to try it out. Hopefully I won't be as badly affected or even affected at all. And to those who are affected by this, my heart goes out to you.

Spaced out bloom effected particles can be made more subtle. They are also in the main focal point of your game play vs. on the edge harsh bright lit strobe effects.

So for an example I was talking to a buddy of mine who was asking me about this game yesterday, I pulled up the youtube video on my android and the first words out of his non gamer mouth were "puke and seizure inducing!! and that is on a 2.5" screen!"

not for nothing and I not trying to be Leet , but after like lvl 10 who stairs at there action bar?

I do - I haven't numerically keybound anything, and I like to see what abilities I'm firing off, and most of my abilities are automatic/instant, so I have to watch my bar to see what I'm using. That's just how I roll.