B/W & Devs please answer, RE: the new PVP Champ Bag system ...

Treplos

... is a step in the right direction! I know I usually criticize when I feel it's needed, but I also give credit where credit is due.

I like the change and for the first time I was able to actually afford buying a Champ piece without having to bribe any leprechaun.

From 1.1.2 Patch Notes — 2/7/2012:

Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced.

Q 1) What is the % chance of acquiring a direct trade item token from Champ bags?

Q 2) Just to be sure, is it a Champ token or a BM token?

It is still Champ tokens (Thanks to Bittersteel for the confirmation)

From 1.1.2 Patch Notes — 2/7/2012:

Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations.

Q 3) BM players have much less use of Champ gear and need a a more reliable system to actually get BM gear instead. Are you working on addressing this in the very near future?

It is a champ token (Thanks to Bittersteel for confirmation)

Q 4) I assume the chance to get a BM token from a BM bag is still 25%? So far, no one I read about or talked to has manage to get that %. Any comment on this?

Q 5) For those players who previously got multiple tokens of the same Champ gear, are there any plans to implement some sort of token conversion system, for example turning 1 or more Champ tokens of any type -into- a BM token or item? Or should I just use my many saved tokens?

---------------

EDIT: Here are 2 suggestions for the BM bags:

BW how about this. Just implement a BAG counter system for each character, where:

> With 25% chance as base, you add +5% chance incremental increase to each bag that a player opens and does not get a BM token.

> The additional increase gets reset to 0 (i.e. back to the base of 25%) once a BM token is received. This ensures that the system is not too rewarding. We still have a low chance on the lower spectrum when we only open a few bags.

> By the 6th bag, players will have a 50/50 chance.

> In the worst case scenario of bad luck streaks, the 16th bag opened will have 100% drop chance.

I think this sounds good.

Another suggestion is to change the BM bag system to something similar to what you did to the Champ bags: steady BM commendations, in addition to the current chance of getting a direct item BM token as a bonus.

What do you think?

Edited by Treplos

I was 4 for 39I on champ bags after going 2 for my first 6. Then today on my 3rd one I got tokens and gloves. Idk at least I got a grip of cent tokens and almost enough champ ones to get another piece. Not all bad better then my prior rng that's for f'n sure.

You need a way to dump your useless currencies. Need to be able to use commendations for things such as mods and ESPECIALLY medpacs and stims. Maybe even some mounts.

And about your %. Of course if you read posts it will look like the % is "broken" (btw it would be pretty hard for them to make a mistake on that...). Only people with low% will post, you need to understand that. If someone has 1/46 he WILL come cry on the forums. if someone is 20/45 he WILL NOT come yell of joy on the forums.

You need a way to dump your useless currencies. Need to be able to use commendations for things such as mods and ESPECIALLY medpacs and stims. Maybe even some mounts.

And about your %. Of course if you read posts it will look like the % is "broken" (btw it would be pretty hard for them to make a mistake on that...). Only people with low% will post, you need to understand that. If someone has 1/46 he WILL come cry on the forums. if someone is 20/45 he WILL NOT come yell of joy on the forums.

I've not talked to or read about a single person that has 25% drop rate of higher. For that % to be true, you need people on both sides of the spectrum.

3 / 34 .. sigh .. I am looking for another game but my thread got locked up in 2 minutes lol

They can lock threads but never actually answer any genuine questions regarding their game.

Is this the quality level of your service Bioware? Thanks for showing me such a great example. :rolleyes:

BW how about this. Just implement a BAG counter system for each character, where:

> With 25% as base, you add +5% chance incremental increase to each bag that you open and get nothing.

> The additional increase gets reset to 0 (i.e. back to the base of 25%) once you get a token. This ensures that the system is not too rewarding. You still have a low chance on the lower spectrum when you only open a few bags.

> So in the worst case scenario of bad streaks, the 16th bag you open will have 100% drop chance.

> By the 6th bag you will have a 50/50 chance.

I think this sounds good.

Either that or make it drop BM commendations and rework the prices.

What do you think?

Edited by Treplos

I can confirm that the token in the new Champion bags is a Champion gear piece token - my first bag after the change contained 15 Centurion, 7 Champion comms, and an unassembled champion greaves token (which I already had one of.)

Bioware has confirmed that they intend to smooth out the Battlemaster gear progression in the same way so your best bet may be to save up Battlemaster bags until that change goes in.

Unless I am mistaken, you can dump useless currencies by purchasing champion armor and stripping the mods and enhancements, to better itemize your gear. You can already buy warzone medpacks with regular comms, though I agree they should lower the cooldown to a normal medpack, and create stims that last through death. Then biochem would no longer be a necessity.

I can confirm that the token in the new Champion bags is a Champion gear piece token - my first bag after the change contained 15 Centurion, 7 Champion comms, and an unassembled champion greaves token (which I already had one of.)

Bioware has confirmed that they intend to smooth out the Battlemaster gear progression in the same way so your best bet may be to save up Battlemaster bags until that change goes in.

Thank you. I amended the first post, added your point and some suggestions.

For the second point, do you have a link to that post?

Unless I am mistaken, you can dump useless currencies by purchasing champion armor and stripping the mods and enhancements, to better itemize your gear. You can already buy warzone medpacks with regular comms, though I agree they should lower the cooldown to a normal medpack, and create stims that last through death. Then biochem would no longer be a necessity.

You can only min/max so much, because itemization on most gear is not that good imo. I used to min/max with Crit/Surge (which is only found on a few pieces), then Power.

No to mention that only armor parts have mods (weapons don't).

Aren't the BM bags unique?

So they can't be saved up?