Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

QUEUES on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Inqi
12.16.2011 , 04:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hearst View Post
If you'd check the @SWTOR Twitter feed, you'd know that they've been adding new servers like crazy...

It'll even out, give it some time and relax.
When i move in new server i move
1) with my friends
2) with my character, wich i leveled alot

I just realised that it was a genius idea to close it today

CEPEI
12.16.2011 , 04:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HeyImTempzz View Post
What i dont understand is why all the Big PvP guilds didnt just change server when they found out the spanish was going there?
cause: spanish ppl have a high lvl pvp.

PandemicUK
12.16.2011 , 05:05 AM | #23
Nadd server was decided upon to be the pvp server for a large number of guilds and was well planned by Sacrx.

Unfortunately the average player when looking for a server chooses one that has a high pop. Nadd with a high pop became a big attraction. The same thing for undecided pvp guilds. Then you have rumours of spanish / italian also going there.

So yes its going to be a crazy high pop server with some of the best competitve pvp; but until January the queues will be insane.

In January with a number of guilds / players having gotten sick of the queues and left things will calm down.

As for Black Company we decided on going to The Ravager pvp server; and in the end not Nadd. Alot of reasons for this not just the queues; although I am sad that I wont be playing against certain guilds on Nadd

Cant someone invent technology that allows huge numbers of players on same server? I think EVE already does this?
Guild: Black Company since 2002
RIFT: Pandemik Pyromancer (First player to 5k pvp kills) / Whitefall server
WAR: Pandemic Bright Wizard (First order player to 10k pvp kills) / KEP and KN Servers
DAOC: Pandemic Troll Warrior R8L8 3rd ranked Mid Warrior / Excalibur Server

Elshagan
12.16.2011 , 05:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PandemicUK View Post
Nadd server was decided upon to be the pvp server for a large number of guilds and was well planned by Sacrx.

Unfortunately the average player when looking for a server chooses one that has a high pop. Nadd with a high pop became a big attraction. The same thing for undecided pvp guilds. Then you have rumours of spanish / italian also going there.

So yes its going to be a crazy high pop server with some of the best competitve pvp; but until January the queues will be insane.

In January with a number of guilds / players having gotten sick of the queues and left things will calm down.

As for Black Company we decided on going to The Ravager pvp server; and in the end not Nadd. Alot of reasons for this not just the queues; although I am sad that I wont be playing against certain guilds on Nadd

Cant someone invent technology that allows huge numbers of players on same server? I think EVE already does this?
Black Company... Go figures you republic guild Pandemic? If so it will be a blast to try and kill you again...

Januk Monkeydoodle (Karak-Norn)
◄(║║<◉>║⋛⋚╣[▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)⋙
<┼┼> CE-Owner

Orangerascal
12.16.2011 , 05:20 AM | #25
We're currently looking at a situation where people have committed some time to their characters and won't be willing to move. As they are invested they will be willing to tolerate the queues (even though they will probably spent more time in queues then the played times of their characters).

What's worst is some of these people are their community leaders which will bring even more queues. The same thing happened in the rift server 'whitefall'. This server had queues which gradually lowered during the course of it's lifetime, though there were still 1 hour queues, 3 months after launch.

My solution would be to: clone the server

This way the leaders of the spanish, english, italian communities can part ways without losing the player invested time. Right now we're looking at a war of server attrition where 1000's will wait in queues and will so for months to come.

Inqi
12.16.2011 , 05:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Orangerascal View Post
We're currently looking at a situation where people have committed some time to their characters and won't be willing to move. As they are invested they will be willing to tolerate the queues (even though they will probably spent more time in queues then the played times of their characters).

What's worst is some of these people are their community leaders which will bring even more queues. The same thing happened in the rift server 'whitefall'. This server had queues which gradually lowered during the course of it's lifetime, though there were still 1 hour queues, 3 months after launch.

This way the leaders of the spanish, english, italian communities can part ways without losing the player invested time. Right now we're looking at a war of server attrition where 1000's will wait in queues and will so for months to come.
+1 We should do something together asap

Raxwars
12.16.2011 , 05:37 AM | #27
choose another server? game hasn't even officialy started, there's still time.

Stormag
12.16.2011 , 07:13 AM | #28
today i expect 4 hours queues on Tombs lol at 13:00 45 MIN queue GL!!!

Antario
12.16.2011 , 07:17 AM | #29

il just quote this....really good solution, have to community managers get in contact with the spanish/italians and the rest of the crowd to get them split up
- C O R A L -
- Pursuing excellence in the endgame content of PvE and PvP -
- Guild HQ | Recruitment | External Site | External Forums -

tomor
12.16.2011 , 07:45 AM | #30

A solution that would make a BIG difference, i know my friends will not reroll the same as me because we frankly do not want to reply our EPIC story again in the same way and leave a bitter taste in our mouths. People will wait it out thinking everyone else will give up and it WONT happen.

Please BW read, listen and help.
Bouth Omas
Bloodfin Original