Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Intimidating Roar is unbalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Intimidating Roar is unbalanced

Mudou
02.08.2012 , 04:46 PM | #21
If this is the one that knocks us down and makes us wiggle on ground, yes, yet another animation issues for republic.

The getting up animation roots us in place until we fully stand up extending the actual "stun" duration by one second.

Much like sage rocks not being instant damage like lightning and scoundrel shotgun being slower than knife.. it adds up.

Airoper
02.08.2012 , 04:46 PM | #22
Dont be a noob then & cc/push the tank away from main grp before he can pop it so i say his team deserves the win if you fail to see a skilled tank on the WZ field.

EternalFinality
02.08.2012 , 04:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Airoper View Post
Dont be a noob then & cc/push the tank away from main grp before he can pop it so i say his team deserves the win if you fail to see a skilled tank on the WZ field.
Face palm.

Do you even know what ability we're talking about? And which classes have it?

Raggok
02.08.2012 , 04:50 PM | #24
Okay, will CC and push away a tank whenever they get close to a group. That is the obvious solution to the animation inbalance. :P

And, yes, to the other poster, it's the animation that has you wiggling on the ground like a baby or an elderly woman being swarmed by killer bees.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates

Airoper
02.08.2012 , 04:50 PM | #25
whats this post about i just click?

Raggok
02.08.2012 , 04:52 PM | #26
this most awesome post on intertube u silly

EternalFinality
02.08.2012 , 04:52 PM | #27
You posted a stupid comment without even reading the post? Why even post at all then?

drkieros
02.08.2012 , 04:53 PM | #28
Seriously, you think one of the most game breaking things in pvp right now is the animation difference between Intimidating Roar and Awe? This is such a minor detail in the grand scheme of what's wrong with TOR pvp that I cannot comprehend why you'd bother posting about this.

Raggok
02.08.2012 , 04:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by drkieros View Post
Seriously, you think one of the most game breaking things in pvp right now is the animation difference between Intimidating Roar and Awe? This is such a minor detail in the grand scheme of what's wrong with TOR pvp that I cannot comprehend why you'd bother posting about this.
Translation: There are big problems, so smaller problems need not be fixed.

Mudou
02.08.2012 , 04:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by drkieros View Post
Well, as republic we deal with a TON of animation issues in pvp giving empire the upper hand.

It has been proven turrets will turn and shoot faster in civil war for empire than republic.

It has been shown imp sorc's can burst stronger than sages from damage not registering until animation hits (rocks slower than lightning).

Smuggler/Agents have this issues as well, teh smugglers bomb travels slowly through air, locks on, then explodes where as agent drop from sky and tag much faster.

Jedi Knight bladestorm animation takes longer to deliver damage than sith warriors scream.

Make the mirrors actual mirrors.

Also, mathematically proven, tracer missle + heat gen/dispertion vs trooper grav round +ammo/recharge allows for more tracer spam than grav round by approximately 1.

Add this to silly things like better looking armor/storylines/quests/zones for empire and well... you can see why servers range anywhere from 4:1 - 10:1 empire to republic ratio.