Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Conversation Bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Companion Conversation Bugged
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TRONEON
12.25.2011 , 07:04 AM | #1
Vette keeps saying she wants to talk to me so I go to ship or cantena and she won't talk to me icon dissapears and nothing...

Happens every single time now and I am lvl 27 with no companion quests and only one conversation since my starter planet...

When will this be fixed? Pretty sure iv missed all of the conversations and companion story line because of this.

Xaryell
12.25.2011 , 07:34 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings,

We would like to gather some details regarding the issue with receiving missions from your companions i.e. your companion says that they wish to talk to you, but once you enter your ship or cantina, no mission is offered.

We would like to thank you for your assistance as we look into this matter. Can you please reply with the following information:
  1. The name of the companion affected?
  2. Your characters name and level.
  3. How much affection do you have with the affected companion? (If multiple companions are affected please provide the affection for all of them)
  4. What is the last mission you received from your companion?
  5. Can you confirm that you have gone to a resting area (your ship or cantina) and your companion offers no missions?
We thank you for your patience as we investigate this issue.

Happy holidays to you all!

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Notannos
02.07.2012 , 06:45 PM | #3
Hello all,

Since the previous incarnation of this thread passed the 1k mark, we've recreated the thread for you to continue your discussion in.

We thank you for your input as we attempt to resolve this issue.

Mallathantos
02.07.2012 , 07:16 PM | #4
With 1.1.2, "Crazy Talk" is finally fixed. I ran through the last four or five conversations with Doc. To be honest, I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't more to it. Hopefully we'll see more companion stories in the future.

I haven't checked my other companions to see whether or not the "wants to talk" bubble issue has been resolved.

I'm still irked that with all the weird little companion quirks, I was never really sure where I was headed with certain companions - especially Kira and the romance arc. At this point I'm reasonably certain that I've gone through all of her quests and that I'm SOL with the romance portion of things. Fingers crossed that there will be more opportunities to go down that path later, or that we're allowed to do a one-time reset of our companion stories if we screwed up.

Capn-Underpants
02.07.2012 , 07:17 PM | #5
1) Khem Val
2) Cyr' rima LVL25
3) 4324
4) talk to him 3 or 4 times no mission
5) yes

them bubble keeps disappearing and appearing cant talk to companion

bringthedoom
02.07.2012 , 08:11 PM | #6
1) Vette, Jaesa

2) Zecks, 40

3) Vette's is at 10000, Jaesa's at 6068

4) Vette's second quest the one were you find her sister. Jaesa's I don't think I have yet but the last conversation was about finding the sith who follow the light side.

5) yes

wotzaname
02.07.2012 , 08:14 PM | #7
1. Khem Val
2. Wotzaname Lvl 24
3 .2764
4. No missions, just talked twice
5. Yes

Whispermoon
02.08.2012 , 12:09 AM | #8
1. Vette
2. Aurek, level 19
3. 3138
4. No missions, 2nd conversation is last one I've had
5. Yes, many times.

jackTofblades
02.08.2012 , 03:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallathantos View Post
With 1.1.2, "Crazy Talk" is finally fixed. I ran through the last four or five conversations with Doc. To be honest, I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't more to it. Hopefully we'll see more companion stories in the future.

I haven't checked my other companions to see whether or not the "wants to talk" bubble issue has been resolved.

I'm still irked that with all the weird little companion quirks, I was never really sure where I was headed with certain companions - especially Kira and the romance arc. At this point I'm reasonably certain that I've gone through all of her quests and that I'm SOL with the romance portion of things. Fingers crossed that there will be more opportunities to go down that path later, or that we're allowed to do a one-time reset of our companion stories if we screwed up.
you must have gotten lucky cause I still have the same problem

IAtePants
02.08.2012 , 06:35 AM | #10
1. Jaesa
2. Aelir, 38
3. 6651
4. She came back from looking for light side sith and was all sad
5. taken her to both cantina and ship multiple times, wont let me talk to her at either