Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"I'll try spinning, THAT's a cool trick!"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
"I'll try spinning, THAT's a cool trick!"

Toonimator
02.07.2012 , 08:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronze_Elemental View Post
This is such a drag.
Oh, is that the line? I can't bear to watch that part of AOTC again to confirm it... or even google the script :P

He also says something like "I'm beside myself" when R2 arrives at his body. I think there's one or two other puns. People can try to point out the OT's bad dialogue, but none of it compares to Threepio's head-swap craparama.

jarjarloves
02.07.2012 , 08:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
Really? i have to explain this?
so according to you then there hasn't been a single other movie where a child actually has good dialogue?

Hanscholo
02.07.2012 , 08:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronze_Elemental View Post
This is such a drag.
I remember thinking to myself, **** you got that right dude. Worst additional scene ever put into a movie to make a steaming pile a larger steaming pile.

Anti_Bodies
02.07.2012 , 11:50 PM | #24
"I am your father"

jk

Kento-Solo
02.08.2012 , 01:41 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
The ridiculous line in Episode 2 where Anakin is talking to Padme at the house on Naboo:

"I don't like sand. It's rough, its coarse and it gets everywhere. Not like you, your everything soft and smooth."

Seriously?? That's your plan to woo someone?
Sry, while I'm not a fan of the quote, this isn't accurate.

Anakin: I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.
And then he rubs her shoulders and back a little, in an almost creepy *im gonna skin you* you look.

As for worst quotes, I'd go with the while Kenobi-Skywalker argument after Padme gets knocked out of the ship. While I know the council had Padme "end" things, no one not even Yoda thought to keep an eye on things for a while?
I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Anagnostis
02.08.2012 , 01:41 AM | #26
"There is a recording of him....KiLlInG YoUnGlInGs :S"
- Has successfully scavenged HK -47.
- Has successfully killed Darth Malgus without pushing him.
Every day I'm smugglin'

WickerThing
02.08.2012 , 03:10 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by GCRust View Post
Greatest Star Pilot in the Galaxy, folks!

Here's one from me:

"These blast points, too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise..."

Stormtroopers cannot hit the broadside of a barn with a rocket launcher the entire rest of the series.
Which is quite hilarious since in Episode 1 you see Tusken Raiders hitting a pod racer going in, well... Ludicrous speed, with a rifle with only a small sight.

A tusken raider, that is not as "accurate" as a stormtrooper, taking into account the wind (although this might not matter because well... blasters... Pewpew) and the speed of the shot fired compared to the pod racers speed to find the exact spot to shoot where the pod racer and bullet would intersect.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hitomo_x View Post
and what do you mean by 3D space comabt, do I need to wear googles or what?

Gomla
02.08.2012 , 04:19 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
so according to you then there hasn't been a single other movie where a child actually has good dialogue?
Get him to watch Stand By Me.

A film with 4 kids and hailed as an absolute classic ... also my wifes favourite film.

On Topic.....

"My power has doubled since last time we met".

Said Anakin to Dooku after checking his Force'o'meter.

TKMaster
02.08.2012 , 04:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Get him to watch Stand By Me.

A film with 4 kids and hailed as an absolute classic ... also my wifes favourite film.

On Topic.....

"My power has doubled since last time we met".

Said Anakin to Dooku after checking his Force'o'meter.
Last i watched it they werent 9 years old either. I have 2 sons, kids say things adult wouldnt.

But this the internet, land of the e-tards, not sure why i expected intellect past that of a feild mouse to rear its head.

Gomla
02.08.2012 , 04:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
Last i watched it they werent 9 years old either. I have 2 sons, kids say things adult wouldnt.
I have 1 son and 4 daughters.

Kids say things that pop in their little heads regardless of if it holds any meaning or not.

Kids in films are a risk.

They are either good or incredibly bad.

While I have no doubt that a kid of Anakins age in that position may have said the things he did it just came across as ..... cheesy.