Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Karagga's Palace - G4-BC

MisterLaz
02.07.2012 , 03:27 PM | #1
Me and my guild were running Karagga's Palace (8-man Normal) last night for the first time and we had absolutely zero issue with any boss up until G4-BC. We didn't hit any enrage timers beforehand, we made it through EV (8-man Normal) with no issues. As soon as we got to G4-BC, we hit a brick wall and had to call it a night because the servers were going down for maintenance.

Never mind the fact that putting Towers of Hannoi in a raid instance is a stupid idea (my opinion, granted). But we just could not dent his health very much before the boss went ******* and the enrage timer killed us.

Is there something wrong with this encounter? If we were able to make it through everything else without hitting enrages, it makes no sense that we would barely be able to get this guy to 50% before an enrage. Is the difficulty curve that steep? Perhaps our puzzle clicker is doing it wrong?

What strategies do you guys use to get this droid down? One clicker or two (or more?). One tank or two? Is the tank doing clickies or a dps? Etc etc
For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories

Rejectoo
02.07.2012 , 03:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterLaz View Post
Me and my guild were running Karagga's Palace (8-man Normal) last night for the first time and we had absolutely zero issue with any boss up until G4-BC. We didn't hit any enrage timers beforehand, we made it through EV (8-man Normal) with no issues. As soon as we got to G4-BC, we hit a brick wall and had to call it a night because the servers were going down for maintenance.

Never mind the fact that putting Towers of Hannoi in a raid instance is a stupid idea (my opinion, granted). But we just could not dent his health very much before the boss went ******* and the enrage timer killed us.

Is there something wrong with this encounter? If we were able to make it through everything else without hitting enrages, it makes no sense that we would barely be able to get this guy to 50% before an enrage. Is the difficulty curve that steep? Perhaps our puzzle clicker is doing it wrong?

What strategies do you guys use to get this droid down? One clicker or two (or more?). One tank or two? Is the tank doing clickies or a dps? Etc etc
Spoiler
Penthide Bladedancer lvl50 Kinetic Shadow
Kinetic
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/11110a45fa775f0b.png

shaneledford
02.07.2012 , 03:33 PM | #3
(For Normal) 2 Clickers at least. 1 can be a healer if the other can solo heal from the bottom. The other is ranged DPS.
Keep the fire debuff on him as much as possible. Fast tower stacking and debuffing is key.
Knock away any droids you can instead of killing them.
2 Tanks switching off because of armor debuff. Jugg/Guard is nice because they can jump out when you hit the fire button. (fire does damage your party)

Hard Mode is a little different because only the right tower gives the fire debuff. The middle kills droids and takes away one buff. The left takes away all his buffs and makes him not able to get any more for a few seconds.

Gwence
02.07.2012 , 03:37 PM | #4
They added more droids as far as I could tell, still easily killable.

try for 13-15% of his life each time you blast, if you can't do that you probably won't beat the enrage timer.

get creative with the probe droids (kb abilities, good healing etc etc)

Gwence
02.07.2012 , 03:42 PM | #5
you dont need 2 tanks for anything in 8 man normal

shaneledford
02.07.2012 , 03:43 PM | #6
It helps if one healer is almost solo healing it though

Hoshinsul
02.07.2012 , 03:53 PM | #7
There's a couple ways to get around this jerk that our guild has figured out that might help you... Hopefully the input given here can help.

Spoiler
GM ᴏғ Dʀᴇᴀᴅɴᴏᴜɢʜᴛ
Sɪᴛʜ Eᴍᴘɪʀᴇ | PᴠP | US Wᴇsᴛ
www.Dʀᴇᴀᴅɴᴏᴜɢʜᴛ-Gᴀᴍɪɴɢ.ᴄᴏᴍ

Poochymama
02.07.2012 , 04:08 PM | #8
Do it on hard mode, he's much easier on hard mode.

Our guild hit a brick wall on this guy and had to call it on Normal. The next day when we tried it on hard we got it on our second try I think. He has a lot less HP on Hard, and you get less droids to deal with.

This boss on Normal is actually harder than any of the HM bosses(including SOA and himself).

Dee-Jay
02.07.2012 , 04:12 PM | #9
This boss is definitely overtuned on normal mode. Something is extremely off.

For two weeks we've been trying him now, with various setups.

Our best shots have him down to 20% HP.

With over 2.7 Mio. HP, this boss has more HP than most older guides tell you (most mention 2.1 Mio).

Honestly, I think Bioware screwed up here somewhere. This boss can't be right.

Iwipe
02.07.2012 , 04:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
Do it on hard mode, he's much easier on hard mode.

Our guild hit a brick wall on this guy and had to call it on Normal. The next day when we tried it on hard we got it on our second try I think. He has a lot less HP on Hard, and you get less droids to deal with.

This boss on Normal is actually harder than any of the HM bosses(including SOA and himself).
Ya on hardmode the middle "tank" thingie sucks all the droid in and kills them, which makes it alot easier