Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper still waiting

Sunsoar
02.07.2012 , 01:52 PM | #1
What is taking so long to fix mortar volley and full auto? Do we get to suffer until someone at Bioware starts playing Republic?

For those behind on the issue the animation is delayed with the cast.

All the ability delay fixes but these abilities still behave the same.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

Mal-Sharran
02.07.2012 , 02:31 PM | #2
Yeah, read the patch notes today and got excited, jumped on my Trooper hoping it was fixed (despite not addressing the matter specifically in the patch notes) and what do I find...nothing. The animation doesn't even BEGIN until OVER HALFWAY through the cast.

PULL YOUR HEADS OUT BW! If Bounty *********** Hunter works fine there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON Trooper shouldn't by now. You've had over a YEAR to fix this, I'm tired of paying you to beta test.
I'd say 'IMHO', but it would be a lie. I'm not humble, and everything I say is stone cold fact.

yggum
02.07.2012 , 02:43 PM | #3
Yeah, the issue is getting stupid. Full Auto for me now will either be delayed animation or not even fire at all so I'm just standing there like a retard for a good 10seconds. Mortar Volley has never worked correctly.

Terrorshard
02.07.2012 , 03:12 PM | #4
I'm not sure if full auto is good for commando but as a vanguard I never use it. It is off the bar completely. Mortar Volley I rarely use. It isn't a big deal for me. It would be nice if it were correct though.

Pandahate
02.07.2012 , 04:50 PM | #5
I totally agree. It is very annoying. This has also been an issue for a long time and has been known, that is probably the worst part about it. I can understand if a bug comes up and is fixed within a patch or two...but now it is approaching two months of "live" and nothing has been done. There is no excuse why a major gaming company can't fix these known bugs, this is just one of many and it is getting annoying that nothing is being done. I don't want excuses of going through code or it takes time. We are paying customers and as such demand our product to be perfect. And of course Bioware hates repub, it seems all issues and bugs in some way favor imps. So when you think of it like that, the game is working as intended.
T only fits inside M.

saybut
02.07.2012 , 05:01 PM | #6
The mortar volley channel now starts instantly and once it is finished you can move about without it interfering with the damage. The firing animation will continiue while you move and you will fire all rounds. The last round now fires after the channel but atleast its quite the improvement allthough not completly fixed. I certainly enjoy the skill alot more now.

Mal-Sharran
02.07.2012 , 06:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrorshard View Post
I'm not sure if full auto is good for commando but as a vanguard I never use it. It is off the bar completely. Mortar Volley I rarely use. It isn't a big deal for me. It would be nice if it were correct though.
You rarely use mortar volley...as a Vanguard...

Buddy, you're doing it wrong.
I'd say 'IMHO', but it would be a lie. I'm not humble, and everything I say is stone cold fact.

universeman
02.07.2012 , 06:20 PM | #8
Server lag. You need to upgrade your connection.

Kidding!!

Sunsoar
02.07.2012 , 06:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by saybut View Post
The mortar volley channel now starts instantly and once it is finished you can move about without it interfering with the damage. The firing animation will continiue while you move and you will fire all rounds. The last round now fires after the channel but atleast its quite the improvement allthough not completly fixed. I certainly enjoy the skill alot more now.
The channel does not start instantly.

The issue is people have time to move out of the way of the emblem because the round is so far behind the actual cast. Yes we get to move once the channel is out and the last round still goes out, but by that time everyone has moved on to bigger and better things.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

VragonBral
02.07.2012 , 06:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunsoar View Post
The channel does not start instantly.

The issue is people have time to move out of the way of the emblem because the round is so far behind the actual cast. Yes we get to move once the channel is out and the last round still goes out, but by that time everyone has moved on to bigger and better things.
Like smashing your face in or cutting you to ribbons.