Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those of you who did not get 5 days early game access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
To those of you who did not get 5 days early game access

Geckosoldier
12.15.2011 , 11:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Liathan View Post
first of all, it said UP to 5 days, not 5 days
second, we paid $5 to reserve a copy of the game, not for early access
I love you.

Liathan
12.15.2011 , 12:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by akavari View Post
The original post said "5 days" not "up to 5 days"

They changed it recently.
You have proof? Because when I pre-ordered back in Sept it said up to 5 days. That's not really that recent of a change.

ZeroHeat
12.15.2011 , 12:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WolfInSpace View Post
Why are people getting so offended about this topic?Every person who pre-ordered is entitled to their fair share of early access,if they did pre-order earlier or later.

Getting people in based on that is down right disgraceful we all paid the same amount.
You don't turn up at a theme park and expect to jump into the front of the queue, this is the same principle. People that preordered first, get in first. Everyone was told this is how it was going to work. I preorder this month, I'm not going to complain because people that preorder months before me got in a few DAYS earlier, I'v got years to play the game.

Obishawnshinobi
12.15.2011 , 12:03 PM | #24
Is it fair that one guy gets 7 days early and the other guy 1 day if he paid the same money? Of course not. If the original post stated that everyone who preordered would get on at least 5 days early, and then they changed that, then they should credit the 5 dollars back. A 30 day subscription costs 50 cents a day meaning that 5 days access would be worth 2.50 cents. This also means im overpaying. It is then even worse if i only get one day out of the pre order.

Ea/bioware/lucas needs to own up to this. I still have also received no email regarding even the announcement as to when my early access would begin. I also helped to beta test this game, spending time giving my feedback. Surely beta testing is its own reward, still, would be nice to be able to gain some early access out of that alone. no company i know of pays beta testers, maybe they should offer some incentive though?

Regardless, this staggered approach has not been entirely fair and im not sure that i am getting a fair deal out of this. Its a small amount, but i would appreciate getting my moneys worth.

SkyIsFallin
12.15.2011 , 12:07 PM | #25
Gecko, are you in the game yet? seems to be a hell of a lot of flaming coming from your end.

The 5/$5 was to register your preorder for early access, if i brought a physical copy from Game or Amazon i would of only had to pay 34.99, that would of got the game to me for release date regardless if i registered on the SWTOR site or not, aka A PREORDER.

If i then wanted to register on the SWTOR site, it would cost me the 5/$5 extra which entitles you to Early Access. Personally i went through Origin as i didnt want to run the risk of the postman delaying my gametime and as such paid the 5 extra for Preorder Registration.

So please in your ignorant wisdom stop trying to correct people when they are fully justified to complain that others are getting in the game earlier when they have all equally paid for the privilege, Early Access isnt 'a freebie'. Yes Legally BW/EA are within their rights to only give as little as 1 day early access, but when a months sub is 10 is hardly fair to charge 5 for 1 day access.
The Sky Is Fallin! Quick To Tescos!

akavari
12.15.2011 , 12:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroHeat View Post
You don't turn up at a theme park and expect to jump into the front of the queue, this is the same principle. People that preordered first, get in first. Everyone was told this is how it was going to work. I preorder this month, I'm not going to complain because people that preorder months before me got in a few DAYS earlier, I'v got years to play the game.
You also don't go to a theme park and pay to get in only for the attendant to tell you you cant come in until they call you and say you can.

ZeroHeat
12.15.2011 , 12:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by akavari View Post
You also don't go to a theme park and pay to get in only for the attendant to tell you you cant come in until they call you and say you can.
You do when it tells you that on the door on the way in BEFORE you pay.

Vanglemesh
12.15.2011 , 12:31 PM | #28
I redeemed my pre-order code on 27 Nov and I just received my invitation to early game access. According to my calendar it is 5 days left until launch (today, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th) and when I pre-ordered the ad definitely said I would get UP TO 5 days of early game access. I don't know if the ad promised 5 days before I pre-ordered but if it did, those who was promised 5 days has got that. Thus, they have kept their promise.
Which path to choose?

akavari
12.15.2011 , 12:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroHeat View Post
You do when it tells you that on the door on the way in BEFORE you pay.
Incorrect actually.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...d=1#post296594

this thread has an email the user received from a support representative who clearly says "at least 5 days" , and yet he hasn't received anything.

Either way this launch is a joke. Everyone payed the same amount. No, it was not taken out of the price of the game it was an extra 5 dollar charge as stated by other users in this thread. If this game is going to be tied to company practices like this it wont be long before its put on the shelf with galaxies.

hogfatt
12.15.2011 , 12:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by WolfInSpace View Post
Why are people getting so offended about this topic?Every person who pre-ordered is entitled to their fair share of early access,if they did pre-order earlier or later.

Getting people in based on that is down right disgraceful we all paid the same amount.
You are not entitled to anything. Go occupy something.