Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those of you who did not get 5 days early game access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
To those of you who did not get 5 days early game access

Exidiums
12.15.2011 , 11:39 AM | #11
Lies, it said "up to" from day one.
In a world...

BrightCandle
12.15.2011 , 11:44 AM | #12
There is something to be learned about how this advertising has worked out. Its resulted in a lot of angry people. Had they just used a clear message on point of sale less people would be complaining. So while its legally correct to only give 1 day early access it isn't meeting the expectation set when the game was sold, because what was said is easy to misunderstand. Had it said "first come first served with at most 5 days early access" then it would have been more accurate and a lot clearer.

DARTHVELAZQUEZ
12.15.2011 , 11:45 AM | #13
The 5 dollar pre order fee wasn't taken out of the game price. I ordered the Deluxe version at 79.99 and was also charges the pre order fee of 5.00 with a total of 84.99. Also is their any of you whose code did not register in the system? I registered mine, then checked my account and it says i have not yet, and it will not let me redeem the same code now. It says has already been used.

FakePlasticTree
12.15.2011 , 11:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by akavari View Post
The original post said "5 days" not "up to 5 days"

They changed it recently.
When did that change? I preordered back in September and it said "up to 5 days" then.

WolfInSpace
12.15.2011 , 11:50 AM | #15
Why are people getting so offended about this topic?Every person who pre-ordered is entitled to their fair share of early access,if they did pre-order earlier or later.

Getting people in based on that is down right disgraceful we all paid the same amount.

bdiddyrocker
12.15.2011 , 11:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Soldac View Post
I feel that the people that are not granted the 5 days early access of playing time as stated for the additional $5 fee are entitled to a $5 refund. It was a very deceptive advertisement.
i totally agree! if they knew that after a certain would not get the full five days, then they should of lowered the price at least a little bit. I understand that they are doing thier best to get every one in and that it is a lot of stress for them, but still i think that after a certain date they should of lowered the price or completely shut off pre orderes all together.

Geckosoldier
12.15.2011 , 11:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BrightCandle View Post
There is something to be learned about how this advertising has worked out. Its resulted in a lot of angry people. Had they just used a clear message on point of sale less people would be complaining. So while its legally correct to only give 1 day early access it isn't meeting the expectation set when the game was sold, because what was said is easy to misunderstand. Had it said "first come first served with at most 5 days early access" then it would have been more accurate and a lot clearer.
There truly is something in something you are saying. The fact that people did pre-order the game paying five dollars (not for early access but for the game) is unacceptable! /sarcasm

And when i open my pre-order box, can you pin point me where it says in the exact words: "You'll get to play exactly five days early"

http://oi43.tinypic.com/34qnvia.jpg

thank you very much for helping.

May the force be with you, etc, etc.

bdiddyrocker
12.15.2011 , 11:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by commandoExo View Post
that is correct and thats what I purchased my copy on 5 days early access.,
then after that they changed that is fraud and misleading the consumers !
they can be charged and fined for such criminal acts.
yes i think so too! i actuallly posted a thread about fraud and the developers deleteed it. i dont think they wanna own to thier mistake

Demonhart
12.15.2011 , 11:56 AM | #19
They Charged a FEE for Pre-Order?? I'm canceling then buying it, i had no idea.

Liathan
12.15.2011 , 11:56 AM | #20
first of all, it said UP to 5 days, not 5 days
second, we paid $5 to reserve a copy of the game, not for early access