Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unstable Framerate - System exceeds recommended specs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Unstable Framerate - System exceeds recommended specs

12.15.2011 , 11:28 AM | #1
I am on HIGH graphics setting and when standing still the FPS (control shift F) reads 100+ frames per second. But intermittently my frame rate will drop down into the 20's or even the teens for no reason.

My system specs are:

Intel i7 3.4gHz
12GB 1333 Corsair RAM
eVGA GeForce 560Ti 1GB

I've got the latest drivers, I reinstalled them cleanly with a driver remover software. I have minimal programs running in the background, done so by configuring the msconfig boot options.

My hard drive has ample room left on it and has been defragmented.

My PC should be able to eat this game up and spit out victory but I just can't understand why I'm not getting a stable frame rate! Any ideas anyone? Help please?

"For the time that I've been given, I am what I am."

12.15.2011 , 11:53 AM | #2
I have the same problem. 2600k i7, gtx 570.

As well as my old computer that ran perfect with low end parts in the beta build of Nov 25th now can't.

It seems there is a majority of players having issuers with frame rate.

Bioware also removed options in the graphics settings. Why? Who knows. They made all the difference.

12.15.2011 , 11:59 AM | #3
I had problem with the graphic settings. It did not matter what I selected, it was always set to high. So I used the top option (the one that changes everything to high or low), set to high, apply, then set to low, apply, then it took the low settings. I have not tried changing them one by one after that, but it may work.

Even with powerful computers, enabling shadows can really tax them. So that should go to low.