Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS issues in live vrs BETA

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FPS issues in live vrs BETA

IbicusNim
12.15.2011 , 11:19 AM | #1
Hey so in beta I was running 90fps now i am doing 30-60 any idea on what changed and how I can help fix this problem or has anyone else experienced this at all?

SmokeGSU
12.15.2011 , 11:25 AM | #2
I've experienced similar issues. My FPS weren't that high during beta, but they were still around/over 60 fps. The biggest slowdown I've had is with loading screens, like when you're moving from planet to planet, or first getting in game with your character. It used to be just a few seconds, maybe 5-10, but now it's upwards of a minute at times. I thought that the amount of people online wouldn't contribute to this but I don't have any other answer for it considering I've made no changes to my PC since beta.
....{[][]+∏∏∏∏∏∏∏∏]░░░Ξ.PEW PEW~~~Future
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾_/\∏∏∏/~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bounty
/Ξ/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hunter

Roggtak
12.15.2011 , 01:44 PM | #3
Only thing I can think of is that the higher populations on the servers (not just the particular region you are loading) are causing more lag. My FPS is just slightly lower than it was in beta (still hovering around mid 50s to low 60s, while beta was usually high 60s). There's a lot of mention of FPS issues on the forums, so it's most likely a server issue.
"There's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."