Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lucioon
02.08.2012 , 12:00 AM | #501
BTW, Did anyone catch that while kills aren't counting toward anyone's dailies or Weekly , Imperials that outnumber the Republics can still camp Central and collect the Armaments.

So apparently only the Republics on most Servers are getting the short end of the stick.

Great Job Bioware, Give us more reasons to reroll into the Empire Faction and abandon the Republic.

Quikfox
02.08.2012 , 12:47 AM | #502
For those of you complaining about kills/valor not counting, I posted what is the possible cause/fix.

You can't just sit in one area for too long, your faction has to roam around and kill Rep/Sith at various points until you stop getting credit, move on to the next then repeat.

What happened when I just completed both my daily and then weekly was that the Rep would sit at one of our cannons the Sith would charge the hill then die from the cannon. Then they would fall back as we chased collecting valor and kills whiling pushing them to their spawn till it stopped counting.

The Reps I was with repeated this for a good 2 hours.
When hell is full... The dead will walk the earth...

Bealsebub
02.08.2012 , 01:41 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Quikfox View Post
For those of you complaining about kills/valor not counting, I posted what is the possible cause/fix.

You can't just sit in one area for too long, your faction has to roam around and kill Rep/Sith at various points until you stop getting credit, move on to the next then repeat.

What happened when I just completed both my daily and then weekly was that the Rep would sit at one of our cannons the Sith would charge the hill then die from the cannon. Then they would fall back as we chased collecting valor and kills whiling pushing them to their spawn till it stopped counting.

Tryed that, it didn't work, no matter where I was getting a kill nothing was registered.

Vindor
02.08.2012 , 02:03 AM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Bealsebub View Post
Tryed that, it didn't work, no matter where I was getting a kill nothing was registered.
That. 1 hour and an half in illum -> daily = 0/30

About the changes that ARE intended, its obvious they realized that they could never handle a massive PvP with their crappy engine and are proceeding to nerf illum so everyone go back to the warzones. What a failure, and i was so confident in bioware before launch.

Koolmea
02.08.2012 , 02:08 AM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
I don't see what're you people complaining about, they implemented a safeguard for valor exploit... to put it simple:

safeguard = no valor at all.

Works as Intended!
Can someone shoot ppl like him ?
You dont even get the kills counted, nevermind the frigging valor, even if you solo 10, even if you zerg 100...

Dataplague
02.08.2012 , 02:08 AM | #506
roaming dosent work but logging out and leaving ilum and then coming back dos work. in 5 hrs yesterday valour counted but kills for the weekly didnt i have 126 of 150 done and came away with 70k valour. besides that thought i killed some at central/south/north and at our own base with no luck, gonna see if going after this reset today it works again. it may just be a time spent in ilum issue.

trucksandbeer
02.08.2012 , 02:10 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Quikfox View Post

So on my server Wound in the Force we have these massive bridge battles right of the edge of the southern repub med center. I was in on at least 75-80 and got credit for 33... cool waste of 2 hours so I log of for 12 hours and go back and try it again. No bridge battle so I tried collecting armaments... 1 in 30 mins... again just fantastic. In that time I got a kill at CA and again no credit... Absolutely no overhaul of Ilum is needed because it works just great. I have dailies that turned into weeklies and weeklies that just turned into monthlies.

Ilum's "World PVP Zone" needs to be smaller plain and simple. Then they need to state what they want us to do in order to receive credit for EVERYTHING. And if armaments is one of those things, then have them spawn all over the map.

kanivalos
02.08.2012 , 02:12 AM | #508
i am sad to say, ilum is a complete fail atm

all these millions to produce such a bad gaming experience? cmon folks you can do better than that

Remove all the open pvp rewards and completly redesign the open pvp game mechanics and rules of engagement rewardwise. You have tons of good examples. This is a sincere move from ppl which will gain my trust and i will keep on paying...

hargrave
02.08.2012 , 02:14 AM | #509
look at ilum for what it is. Either side can run up to the other sides base shoot 2 rockets and pretend take the base. All by yourself no need to form a raid or anything. You got those stupid announcements flying up every 2 second causing lags spikes. Ilum is a total waste of space maybe in 6 months it will be worth a bantha turd but right now its hutt diarehha

Noosfer
02.08.2012 , 02:30 AM | #510
Any official statement about the Lolum issue?

When will it be fixed, if ever?