Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tylerlee
02.07.2012 , 12:37 PM | #161
For me it seems they have increased the invisible debuff when you die.

The player kill should be calculated per person and not on the player.

If player A dies to player B, releases, and player C kill player A, player C should get full Valor and credit.

Knewt
02.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by punkniner View Post
I reckon they don't test anything they implement. There is no excuse for the number of bugs their patches introduce.
There are lots of people who would test on the PTS....unfortunately you start at level 1. I don't see anybody leveling to 50 just to test Ilum on the PTS.
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Ray, you failed to deliver my possibility space.

Tylerlee
02.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Clorgar View Post
Everything was working this morning after the patch so something has gone terribly wrong since then....
Fix this BioWare now not later
I logged in 5 minutes after server start, after 50 kills, it stopped working. Getting to 50 took alot longer than last week, which was fine, its the sharp stop that is wrong.

Iriestx
02.07.2012 , 12:39 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Tylerlee View Post
For me it seems they have increased the invisible debuff when you die.

The player kill should be calculated per person and not on the player.

If player A dies to player B, releases, and player C kill player A, player C should get full Valor and credit.
Better yet, no invisible debuff at all! Let people valor farm/kill trade. At least Ilum would still be workable. As it stands now, by trying to prevent valor farming or kill trading, they've made it unworkable for every single player in the game.

I'll take a system that works but sometimes gets gamed above a system that doesn't work at all for anybody.

Choppinrockz
02.07.2012 , 12:39 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by ewgal View Post
they changed the definition of what counts towards you having a legitimate kill that's all. Op doesn't seem to understand this, though.
A legitimate kill is looting armaments! Geez!!! Duh!

TUXs
02.07.2012 , 12:41 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by punkniner View Post
Personally, I think they just need to fire some people.
I am generally not someone to jump on this bandwagon...but this is just getting ridiculous now and I am to the point where my confidence in the people working on Ilum is gone.

Bioware...take a week and fix, revamp and re-release the planet. It IS the end game for a lotta players and this is just going well beyond what is acceptable. EVERY one of the major issues with Ilum should have been caught by your QA people.

Honestly, lotro has better PvP than Ilum...and they're known for having the WORST PvP in any MMO.

You really need some fresh ideas and you need to dedicate some time to the planet.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Leandrid
02.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
Shouldn't you rather investigate such things BEFORE you implement fixes/adjustments with patches? Or is it customary now to press some buttons, pull some levers and just see what happens?

moneky
02.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #168
Working. As. Intended.

Zherill
02.07.2012 , 12:44 PM | #169
I got 75 kills today in Illum, I must be missing something about this game breaking bug...
Koggs Killien
Level 50 Scoundrel

Zynellan
02.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Leandrid View Post
Shouldn't you rather investigate such things BEFORE you implement fixes/adjustments with patches? Or is it customary now to press some buttons, pull some levers and just see what happens?
Nope, what happens now is you wait at least 4 or 5 hours to be told they are working on a fix. Then anywhere from 6-24 hours there should be a change in game. Happened with the ilum 1.1 travesty and will continue as status quo.
Decemberists
We put the PRO in procrastination