Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qyzen Fess Weapon Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Qyzen Fess Weapon Issues

Alzyrian
12.15.2011 , 11:04 AM | #1
Qyzen Fess uses a melee weapon that relies on the Aim stat (which is just screwy to start with). The only weapon upgrade I have found for him so far is a green quality techblade from the weapon vendor on Coruscant, and it is level 10. The commendations vendor has weapons for every other type, other than Qyzen's techblade. He can not use a vibrosword or a vibrostaff, which there are plenty of. I think that the developers need to look at and reconsider how Qyzen is setup.

I was hoping this would have been fixed during the beta since it existed there as well.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Nailuj
12.15.2011 , 11:38 AM | #2
I came across your post facing the same issue, now im trying to figure out the next best companion for my sage(healer) that I can actually fully upgrade.

AstralFire
12.15.2011 , 11:55 AM | #3
You eventually get some upgrades for him through missions, but yes, it is annoying
JEDI SHADOW

You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

baddyfett
12.15.2011 , 12:59 PM | #4
Look up Techblades (better cause they have +defense) or Techstaves made by Armstech. Pretty sure he can weild any of those at the proper levels.

But I do remember getting a decent weapon upgrade for him from a quest in Taris or Nar Shadaa in the beta.
Joa'shan of the Ardor Legacy l 50 Jedi Consular
<Never Tell Me The Odds>

Lord Praven
l PvE US PST

KWarr
12.15.2011 , 02:05 PM | #5
I may be misstaken, but I seem to remember Qyzen Fess being a ranged tank and seeing that in one of the consular's videos. Also cause of the fact that his gear stacks aim which I don't understand being a melee role.

Is BW trying to make Qyzen Fess similar to Khem Val? Was it too late in the game to change his gear from aim to strength?
K'Warr
Dominus Nihil

baddyfett
12.15.2011 , 03:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KWarr View Post
I may be misstaken, but I seem to remember Qyzen Fess being a ranged tank and seeing that in one of the consular's videos. Also cause of the fact that his gear stacks aim which I don't understand being a melee role.

This is all true. They changed him to melee but kept his main stat as Aim. Don't ask me why. He's not broken, his main stat just doesn't jive anymore. Feed him Aim gear and give him Techblades to swing and you'll be good until they adjust it.
<Never Tell Me The Odds>

Lord Praven
l PvE US PST

lightspeed
12.15.2011 , 03:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by baddyfett View Post
This is all true. They changed him to melee but kept his main stat as Aim. Don't ask me why. He's not broken, his main stat just doesn't jive anymore. Feed him Aim gear and give him Techblades to swing and you'll be good until they adjust it.
but the description of aim says its specifically for ranged weapons so not sure how that applies to a melee weapon. I really don't understand why bioware is being so stupid about this. He's a melee tank just like our mirror class has as such he should be strength based. It's just plain lazy not to change it.
Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything. JH

baddyfett
12.15.2011 , 03:50 PM | #8
i agree. but there's nothing you can do at the moment. when they change it (and i'm sure they will) it'll work. but for now, aim works like strength for him. If it makes you feel better to use strength, then go for it. I dont know if it'll work better or not, but if you try, let us know.
<Never Tell Me The Odds>

Lord Praven
l PvE US PST

Kabushi
12.15.2011 , 03:50 PM | #9
Dissapointing to see that he still has Aim as his main stat. This was brought up in beta alot. Unless bioware believe that he is functioning fine with this stat. Guess will have to make due with that we have for the time being.

Dreggzender
12.15.2011 , 05:12 PM | #10
It's so you'll be equipping him with Trooper armor(aim) instead of Jedi Knight armor(strength).

I've seen him in jedi gear, it's weird looking. Trooper armor makes far more sense for the character.

The inquisitor counterpart khem val, doesn't have this problem because armor doesn't appear on him as it normally would. So it doesn't matter what it looks like. So his main stat is strength and he wears Sith Warrior armor.
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ()SNARK[]Ξ█|{████████████████████)