Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brool
02.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by fahima View Post
Funny the sage/sorcs and mercs not having a real issue with this but the jedi/jugs sent/maras and healing mercs just hating the hell out of this.
not all of them, i enjoy the new ui reguardless of which class im on my guardian or sage or trooper.

That being said, still waiting for the ui customization patch that lets me resize everything.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

fahima
02.07.2012 , 12:34 PM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by JayMartin View Post
Right after playing a few more games with my maurder and hating this UI at 1st.

I changed my contrast and changed gamma in game and now i seem to have gotten a feel for it.

now im not trolling and im not saying this and that. And i understand if you have a condition if it gives you migrans etc.

But before everyone shouts n shouts some people try adjusting contrast and coulours on pc and adjusting gamma in game in graphic options and u MAY jus find a fix that suits you.

Im not trolling im just trying to hep a few of you
The added over stimulation and 1 skill for everything flash effect is the issue.
1. cut immersion
2. added a strobe effect that hinders the core game mechanics.
3. destroys tank's focus on combat and reaction based abilities
4. creates headaches and added eye strain.
'None of the victims of the light saber assault needed medical attention'

Mharz
02.07.2012 , 12:35 PM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for the feedback on this. We've sent this up internally to investigate and we will update as soon as we have more information for you. Thank you for your patience.
Respectfully, you and the dev team would not have to waste time and effort defending/investigating/producing new UI effects that the community doesn't like if the BW team would allow player made UI mod to be used.

Please strongly consider making player written mods useable the #1priority for development. Consider all the complaints that would vanish if you could simply respond with, "I'm sorry you don't like that element of the UI, but there are a number of user mods that can customize that element to your specification."
#The Furious Angels#
Mharz - Master of Aequitas
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

Sookster
02.07.2012 , 12:35 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by darthtoph View Post
Bah, that video makes it look so easy, I would kill to trade my icons for yours. Try playing a Sentinel with +30 abilities to manage when most icons are blue, the same blue color that the CD fader utilizes. A blue CD fader over constantly lit blue icons and having them flash now too is hidious design to say at least. I can't tell **** apart at all.
^ same issue on my juggernaut that relies on rage to light up, they don't light up.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Tevax
02.07.2012 , 12:35 PM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by darthtoph View Post
Throw in the fact that a Sentinel got +30 abilities that they use on a regular basis - most consisting of the same blue color that the CD fader uses - and that as a melee user they're now all flashing blue nonstop and UI = can't tell **** apart.
as a jugg, i culdnt agre more, too manyabilities to bein with now we cant even tell whats ready to use or on coldown.

GamewizX
02.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by fahima View Post
Funny the sage/sorcs and mercs not having a real issue with this but the jedi/jugs sent/maras and healing mercs just hating the hell out of this.
Clearly you didn't read my post as I never said there was no issue with it. It's great for ability cooldowns. It's not great for the GCD. The GCD needs to be severely tuned down so that you can see it but not massively apparent like it is now.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

MJHoyle
02.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for the feedback on this. We've sent this up internally to investigate and we will update as soon as we have more information for you. Thank you for your patience.
Out of curiosity WHY was this not tested on the PTR and up for discussion whether to add it in this state or not? Why are we, paying customers, essentially beta testing this live and then making a 50+ page of complaints about it and awaiting for it to be reverted back to the old design? This is what the PTR is for, this isn't Facebook where ideas just get added regardless if people like it or not! :P
[PlayerX]: Wasn't numb bum in return of the Jedi?
[PlayerY]: no you mean nien numb or something like that hehe
[PlayerY]: nien nunb
[PlayerX]: Ah that wa sit

TheLordGeneral
02.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #518
Either fix it, or better give us an API so we can fix it.

Arlanon
02.07.2012 , 12:39 PM | #519
Funny how being "improved" twice so far, it is now the worst it's ever been. It is nearly imperceptible the difference between light up "will be available after GCD" and darkened "will not be available on GCD".

Please change this back.

Daemondred
02.07.2012 , 12:40 PM | #520
For the love of god just put it back to where it was at LAUNCH before you broke everything. It worked beautifully at Launch. Stuff didn't light up unless it was off GCD and you had the resources to use it. It was extremely clear what was up and useable and what was not.

Ever since each "fix" you have released for a total non-problem has made your UI worse and now its basically epilepsy inducing failsauce.

If you were trying to convince us that your game doesn't need add-on support you are doing a terrible job by repeatedly showing us that you can't handle creating a usable or flexible UI. You just made the case for us for why you NEED addons so people can make this horrible UI actually usable by modern MMO standards.