Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SubstanceKaon
02.07.2012 , 11:40 AM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Azoic View Post
I laughed till I started to choke. I made the mistake of picturing myself trying to heal in pvp without my ops frames going. The point to moving all over in pvp is to be harder to hit and click target, so I'd have to cycle through everybody with ctrl+tab. I don't know why I found this funny but I did. Just felt like sharing I guess. lol Nice solution Mr. GM!
That is too hilarious. xD

Thank you for quoting that, I would have missed it.

Winkywinky
02.07.2012 , 11:40 AM | #422
i honestly dont understand how anyone though this was a good idea..having 3/4 of your abilities flashing every CD..

this is to annoying...

darthtoph
02.07.2012 , 11:40 AM | #423
Apparently the devs have better things to fix, as in:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=278285

Patch day = game broken. Get used to it, lol.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Tarmi
02.07.2012 , 11:41 AM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by IPaq View Post
Sorry? The area of the flashing is very small.

Compare it to most AoE effect it is ridiculous.
Strobe effects can cause seizures in people. No game maker should EVER INTENTIONALY PUT STROBE EFFECTS INTO THEIR GAME. The flashing bar is a strobe effect people must be able to turn it off.

I like swtor but I'm beginning to think bioware are a bunch of clowns.

Valeena
02.07.2012 , 11:42 AM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for the feedback on this. We've sent this up internally to investigate and we will update as soon as we have more information for you. Thank you for your patience.
There you go. Some poor messenger is probably running to the TOR team screaming "OMG YOUR GAME IS GIVING PEOPLE SEIZURES!" - They'll probably fix/change/revert it soon.
{{ BATTLEMASTER REAL GIRL on BONDAR CRYSTAL }}
~* JEDI CONSULAR <3 HEALING SAGE *~

{ Scrub Guild PvP Stream | Bondar Crystal Forums }

Brool
02.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmi View Post
Strobe effects can cause seizures in people. No game maker should EVER INTENTIONALY PUT STROBE EFFECTS INTO THEIR GAME. The flashing bar is a strobe effect people must be able to turn it off.

Strobe effects come in almost every game, that being said so does the epilepsy disclaimers come standard on every game box as well. Do I feel for those people? Absolutely, but at the same time if I had the same problem, I wouldnt be gaming.

An option to turn off the strobe effect would be a quick and easy fix for them, personally I love the new ui/cooldown system.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

TheLordGeneral
02.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #427
The flashing is TERRIBLE. It makes it HARDER to see which skills are ready. All of mine flash, every time global cool down finishes. It is horrible. There wasn't a problem before. Typical, sooo typical for a game company to fix what isn't broken. This is how you ruin a great title.

Please, give us the OPTION to use the old system. If you are going to add "features" give us players the ability to choose.

originalpodster
02.07.2012 , 11:45 AM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
Strobe effects come in almost every game, that being said so does the epilepsy disclaimers come standard on every game box as well. Do I feel for those people? Absolutely, but at the same time if I had the same problem, I wouldnt be gaming.

An option to turn off the strobe effect would be a quick and easy fix for them, personally I love the new ui/cooldown system.
You don't have a focus/rage character then.

IPaq
02.07.2012 , 11:45 AM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmi View Post

Again.

The AoE have bigger and stronger strobe effects.

I don't know what is pushing people to write such massive hyperbole...

Keta
02.07.2012 , 11:45 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Valeena View Post
There you go. Some poor messenger is probably running to the TOR team screaming "OMG YOUR GAME IS GIVING PEOPLE SEIZURES!" - They'll probably fix/change/revert it soon.
I'll bet you they don't fix it soon (as in before the next weekly maintenance downtime) . And I sure hope I'm wrong.