Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JayMartin
02.07.2012 , 11:27 AM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by carrier View Post
Looks fine to me. People just wanna ***** and complain about everything. If you think its that bright, its your issue. Turn down the brightness on your monitor. Or wear shades.
Where shades lmao where do the internet find people.

Ill tell you what ill where shades jus so i can play a video game you sir are a total ***.

grow up and be mature about how some people cant play the game. its not big and its not clever the way your acting

Stavrakios
02.07.2012 , 11:27 AM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenzarin View Post
Please, Devs, go find your colleagues who play Sith Warriors or Jedi Knights and get them to explain to how how utterly horrible this change is.

You don't really see the problem if you're playing a class that starts with a full resource bar & uses it up or has a "heat" bar like bounty hunters. The majority of your abilities will be usable when off cooldown unless your bar is empty or full.

The horror is only apparent when you're trying to manage building and using resources simultaneously.

As a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight this change has made it much much harder to determine which abilities will have enough rage/focus available to be used once the GCD or ability cooldown finishes.

There are classes for whom this is a good change and classes for whom this is almost a game-breaker.

Give us the options to customise our own UIs for our class and play style. How about options to modify the border so that its:
  • On for all cooldowns / On for long cooldowns and Off for global cooldown / Totally off.
  • Chose a color for the border (it wouldn't be quite so bad if it was dark instead of light)
Agreed,

I play a marauder. As a melee class during a intense pvp battle, with people moving in and out of different ranges, all the graying and flashing makes it very difficult most of the time to tell if someone's in your saberthrow/force scream range or not. In pve it isn't that big of a deal but in pvp it's a game breaker.

Also, I can't say for certain, but seems like I'm getting more lag with all non stop blinking of abilities.
Ahazi - Stavrikios- SSC/FEDX

Brool
02.07.2012 , 11:27 AM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by Sammojo View Post
While I appreciate the attempt to make it more obvious which spells were on cooldown, I feel the new effects are just making it harder to see which abilities are available. The flashing and washout effects obscure the visibility of the abilities, and the flashing occurs after it has come off cooldown (making it difficult to react quickly as you cannot quite tell if it is available or just part of the GCD flashing).

All that was needed was to add a dark blue or reddish tinge to the abilities which were on cooldown, as the old GCD effect was sufficient and didn't obscure vision.

Is anyone else not liking the new effect?
I absolutely love the new cool down system.

*edit*

People that are getting motion sickness over it have my sympathies and I can respect that, but I still love the new setup of it.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

lELADRIN
02.07.2012 , 11:28 AM | #394
The new indicator for GCD with the flashy stuff needs to go now.

AS IN SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS ROLL BACK THE PATCH AND GO BACK TO THE OLD NOW !!!!!

Reasoning: my son is Epileptic (controlled by meds normally) but this morning he tried to play a little SWTOR and guess what HE HAD A *********** SEIZURE YOU DUMB ******ES.

Fix now!!!!

Patched
02.07.2012 , 11:28 AM | #395
This is the problem of forcing everyone to use the same ui. No matter how they change it some people will not like it. I know they're not ready to let us customize the ui but please when you add these fixes make it an option in settings.
PvP | PvE
Sith Empire

Pathosmusic
02.07.2012 , 11:28 AM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by carrier View Post
Looks fine to me. People just wanna ***** and complain about everything. If you think its that bright, its your issue. Turn down the brightness on your monitor. Or wear shades.
Lol yes, then they should put a disclaimer on the box and items needed to play.

Game Requirements:

Windows XP/Vista/7.
A pair of sunglasses.

Jedlosson
02.07.2012 , 11:29 AM | #397
I am happy with the new effect. This is exactly what I wished for.

Jetsunz
02.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #398
Yea when you playing a Jedi of any class...this new animation of cooldowns really messes things up because everything is practically blue. I found on my Bounty Hunter it wasn't that bad but tolerable. But,..on a Jedi class like jedi guardian...OMG it's horrendous

I cannot believe in this day and age of mmo's that we are having this issue with the UI cooldown animation. UI is a basic fundamental thing of all mmo's and should be wired tight prior to release of your game......I can't believe it,..yet here we are ...I'm just shocked,...astonished at the ineptitude...the complete lack of intelligence

Who is doing these changes? Who is the supervisor in charge? Do we need to write letters to EA / Bioware demanding somebody be fired?

Valeena
02.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinworm View Post
Why does it flash every time i use a global cooldown? This makes no sense. I dont want every ability flashing literally every second. This makes it impossible to see any visual queues for when an abilities *does* come off cooldown. Fix this plx
I agree. The flash is only necessary for skills that come off CD, not for all of the abilities. This is why people are feeling physically ill.
{{ BATTLEMASTER REAL GIRL on BONDAR CRYSTAL }}
~* JEDI CONSULAR <3 HEALING SAGE *~

{ Scrub Guild PvP Stream | Bondar Crystal Forums }

gryhmr
02.07.2012 , 11:32 AM | #400
again its making people physically ill. me included.