Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tekkoclarky
02.07.2012 , 10:52 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by gaming_ogre View Post
I am a star wars junkie; I want to play all day. I can't now. The bar flashing hurts. I did my dailys on belsavis and by the time I was done I had a minor headache and felt dizzy. If this is not removed I have no choice but to cancel my sub. Who wants to play a game that makes you feel ill.
On top of all that I can't tell what button to push until the animation is over; this means as a DPS I am loosing a fair amount of DPS or I have to just use a few skills i know will work. Oh wait, I can't do that well either since i run out of force and end up spamming buttons that don't work. This is just game-breaking.
Why don't you know which ability to use until after the animation is over?

SiLiZ
02.07.2012 , 10:52 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by gryhmr View Post
i dont have epilepsy or light sensitivity yet this flashing makes me dizzy. so maybe this patch broke me as well as their game?
Get rid of your CRT monitor.

CaMiCaZiE
02.07.2012 , 10:53 AM | #313
got on today and was excited to see the improvement.

alas i am finding it is now harder to plan out what skills to use, instead of a quick glance at my main attacks i now i have to check my remaining focus and my current buffs/procs before choosing my skill.

something trivial now requires alot more attention and quick math, i have to check 3 things instead of one. and on top of that, the flash thing that happens at the end of each gdc is exacerbating things

VulcanLogic
02.07.2012 , 10:53 AM | #314
I'm not a big fan of the GCD cooldown flare. It's ok for my sith sorcerer, but for my sniper, it makes it harder to see which ability to use next. Sorcs can hardcast all of their abilities (but generally do not want to). Snipers cannot; their procs are conditional. Keep the flare if you want, but for the love of god, light up the procced abilities a little more than they are currently. It's hard for us colorblind people to see.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

Deviss
02.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDozen View Post
I never had a problem with the way they were at launch. The last version I didn't really like it and not sure why they changed to that in the first place.
Exactly...
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Tekkoclarky
02.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by CaMiCaZiE View Post
got on today and was excited to see the improvement.

alas i am finding it is now harder to plan out what skills to use, instead of a quick glance at my main attacks i now i have to check my remaining focus and my current buffs/procs before choosing my skill.

something trivial now requires alot more attention and quick math, i have to check 3 things instead of one. and on top of that, the flash thing that happens at the end of each gdc is exacerbating things
Or you can just look at your keybind and check if it is lit up or not.

Simple.

iceperson
02.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalliah View Post
I'm not saying you're not having a problem but that I do think that it's not necessarily across the board with everyone.

I read a lot of this thread before going to play my Jugg and was expecting the worst. Yep at first it was bright and felt strange but I didn't notice a huge difference in terms of not being able to play it. After giving it a good hour of play plus one flashpoint tanking I found that I was having to actually look at my bar way less as this change seemed to make the reactions from occur from my periphial vision. I'm actually enjoying playing more now then I did yesterday as I'm spending less time looking or glancing at my bar to manage it. Muscle memory is working great. Maybe it has to do with how my bar is set up.

If anything I think that BW should offer options because after playing with this change I personally wouldn't want to go back to how it was before.
I'm guessing you're right in a pve environment things probably don't feel that different. You can sleepwalk through most of it using 2-4 skills, but in pvp where you use a lot more of your more situational abilities things get much more complicated.

As for the guy who always knows exactly how much rage he has and exactly when all his abilities come off CD all I can say is "bull@#$%". If that's the case then you're not using more than half of your abilities (again, probably a pve'er.)

Chindi
02.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #318
If this is making people unwell, it WILL get removed or become optional, and quickly. Seen similar things in other MMOs get changed very quickly. At the end of the day the Devs do want people to play their game. Hopefully.

As for me, I don't like it, but it seems a lot more annoying on my Scoundrel than my Sage for some reason.

Chazcon
02.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #319
People who are posting here asking those who don't like the bar "what's your problem" are not addressing the issue and are just immature chest-puffers. Please stay off this thread. If you like the bar say so; if you don't say so. But grow up and get off the other players.
FOR THE VITAE!
Thod says, "they really don't know what they're doing"

pipohernandez
02.07.2012 , 10:55 AM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by gunju View Post
i'm really starting to wonder if any of these devs actually ever really play the game.
^^^

+1