Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sammojo
02.07.2012 , 07:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
Bioware needs to understand that things on CD and things only on GCD should not be treated the same.
^ This.

Easy solution: Make this an option in preferences, if people want to old one, allow them to disable the new effect. That way everyone's happy.

StealthStalker
02.07.2012 , 07:23 AM | #22
Previously one could, out of the corner of their eye, keep track of cooldowns finishing etc. With this graphical effect, it's near impossible. Throw multiple abilities on cooldown and continue spamming your attacks? Yeah, good luck.

3 of the 4 corners of my screen now visually annoy me out of the corner of my eye since I have to utilize all 4 bars anyway. I hope I don't have a seizure before the end of the day with all of the brightness!

I didn't think this UI could get worse, but amazingly it continues to do so.
Dual Targeting, any AAA MMO released today should have this included. Don't let your next one release without it.
Quote:
So what exactly is Dual Targeting? You have 2 targets available at all times, one offensive and one defensive. That's it, it's that simple.

Geads
02.07.2012 , 07:26 AM | #23
I'm a healer, and every time I use an instant heal I dont need every move on my action bar "flashing" because the GCD just finished. I personally think that it is retarded that everything flashes when your just waiting on the GCD.

The "flashing" would be good on actual cool-downs that are two min. long ect, ect, and then it flashes when that is ready. But I seriously don't need every single move to do that after the GCD is done. That is overkill and If you cant realize when a GCD is done then I don't know what to tell you.

Just from a healer standpoint where you are using abilities with no real CD's ( such as healing spells ) It gets rather annoying when I have a light show on the bottom, left, and right of my screen.
Squadron 11-11-11

Markonus-DS-
02.07.2012 , 07:26 AM | #24
God roll this mess back, the old hotbar was just fine now all i can see is black and white, i cant determine what my next ability to fire in advance is as i need to wait for the entire cooldown to see if my rage activated abilities are ready to fire as all icons go black on the cooldown, what genius created this?, its unplayable and far too distracting now, another epic win bioware.

vipeka
02.07.2012 , 07:27 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
I didn't think this UI could get worse, but amazingly it continues to do so.
This.
If they don't lose more subs after this...

Geads
02.07.2012 , 07:28 AM | #26
Bioware needs to understand that things on CD and things only on GCD should not be treated the same.
I hope Bioware reads this ^. Or at least add the option in preferences like other people are saying. Thats what the preferences tab is there for in the first place right?
Squadron 11-11-11

Wazooty
02.07.2012 , 07:32 AM | #27
The best solution involves aspects from both the previous UI and this new one. Revert to the previous version, yet use these new bordered greyed out windows but ONLY on abilities who have a longer CD than the GCD.

DirtyDozen
02.07.2012 , 07:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Just saying, the new GCD animation looks amazing.

If you are too blind to see if your cooldowns are up, you need to get glasses.
I have to agree with you. I can see which are up during GCD fine. But I guess we're all different, I don't know.
Squadron 238

Wazooty
02.07.2012 , 07:35 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDozen View Post
I have to agree with you. I can see which are up during GCD fine. But I guess we're all different, I don't know.
No, you can't. I half want to make a video with me spamming my buff, just to show you that all my abilities look like the exact same greyed out white bordered thing when the GCD is active, regardless of whether I can use the ability or not.

DirtyDozen
02.07.2012 , 07:39 AM | #30
No, you can't. I half want to make a video with me spamming my buff, just to show you that all my abilities look like the exact same greyed out white bordered thing when the GCD is active, regardless of whether I can use the ability or not.
No, I can. Don't tell me I can't. YOU can't tell the difference, I won't argue that.
Squadron 238