Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando's, Please give us a PVE Interrupt!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Commando's, Please give us a PVE Interrupt!

Barrickade
02.07.2012 , 03:00 AM | #1
Hello community and Bioware officials!

Since 2 weeks now our guild has been pushing forward in operations and flashpoints.

For OVER 2 weeks now evey time a BOSS mob needs interrupting I cannot do ANYTHING.

The Commando Gunnery tree, I do not know about the others. Poor research I know...

Anyway, For the last weeks All I can do is try to see if either stockstrike, Cryogrenade or maybe even my AoE knockback has any effect. Result= 0!!!!!!

So all I am asking is a 100% NOT USEABLE spell in PVP that can interrupt bosses NOT USEABLE IN PVP. U did that with those stims wich increase expertise and health only in a Warzone, I think you could do the same with a non useable spell for pvp!

Let me know what other people think aswell !

AGAIN THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR PVP!!!! Incase people still get the feeling this post means that....
***THE CLONE REPUBLIC***
friendly PVE guild est 01 july 2011

FoxyWar
02.07.2012 , 03:07 AM | #2
Oh god yes pls one ranged interupt on a usefull cooldown. Every time i see a caster npc's i want to cry. Talented stock strike and concusion blast have only limited use and only work up to elite npc's.

Gelantious
02.07.2012 , 05:01 AM | #3
There's 3 other classes that have interrupts, we don't need one.
Don't make us a clone of everyone else.

genesiser
02.07.2012 , 08:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelantious View Post
Actually, there are 7 classes.

Jedi sage/sorc
Jedi shadow/assassin
Smuggler scoundrel/operative
Smuggler gunslinger/sniper
Jedi guardian/marauder
Jedi sentinal/juggernaut
Trooper vanguard/powertech

So 7 out of the 8 classes have an interrupt. Interrupts should be baseline especially since in one of the interviews with the devs a while back during beta they said interrupting enemy abilities would be a big part of the game.

I think you just want to be a selfish dpser and not have to worry about stopping your dps to help interrupt a boss.

jedip_enguin
02.07.2012 , 09:06 AM | #5
I admit after being made designated kicker on my rogue in WoW more times than I'd like I was kinda relieved when we didn't have a boss interrupt, it plays havoc with my rotation.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

uziforyou
02.07.2012 , 11:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by genesiser View Post
Actually, there are 7 classes.

Jedi sage/sorc
Jedi shadow/assassin
Smuggler scoundrel/operative
Smuggler gunslinger/sniper
Jedi guardian/marauder
Jedi sentinal/juggernaut
Trooper vanguard/powertech

So 7 out of the 8 classes have an interrupt. Interrupts should be baseline especially since in one of the interviews with the devs a while back during beta they said interrupting enemy abilities would be a big part of the game.

I think you just want to be a selfish dpser and not have to worry about stopping your dps to help interrupt a boss.
Well, you just said it. EVERY other class has an interrupt. Given that, how can it be crucial for commandos to have one? Surly any group will have plenty of other options?
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

whataboutbob
02.07.2012 , 02:03 PM | #7
One we do not need an interupt.
Two how can you give an ability for PVE and not have it used in PVP?

I hate casters and I usually get torn up a little bit but, I prefer unloading hell upon them. Eventully they end up running away unless they have support in PVP.

Heck in PVE this should never be a problem since they can get cut down really fast. If youre having issues in PVE kit your comps with gear as good as yours and not hand me downs.

We do have a 1 minute stun ability that Vanguards dont get so, if a caster is giving you grief stun them and take out his adds first.

Please BW dont give us an interupt we don't need it!
Windows 7 Ult. 64Bit.
16GB RAM
Intel i7 860 CPU @ 2.8GHz
2 x 6950 RADEONS HD Crossfire

Freeborne
02.07.2012 , 02:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelantious View Post
This makes sense right up until the point you cannot down a HM FP boss because your group lacks anyone with an interrupt skill.

I certainly don't like taking time out of my rotatation to DPS, but I don't like failing to defeat a boss because our group doesn't have the required mechanic either.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

whataboutbob
02.07.2012 , 02:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
This makes sense right up until the point you cannot down a HM FP boss because your group lacks anyone with an interrupt skill.

I certainly don't like taking time out of my rotatation to DPS, but I don't like failing to defeat a boss because our group doesn't have the required mechanic either.
Then make sure you have a balanced group before hand.
Windows 7 Ult. 64Bit.
16GB RAM
Intel i7 860 CPU @ 2.8GHz
2 x 6950 RADEONS HD Crossfire

Barrickade
02.08.2012 , 03:11 AM | #10
You clearly miss the fact that I ment it for the occaision.

take the second boss from the esseles. HARD MODE.

U need to interrupt him. U cannot say HEY! you don't have an interrupt! Sorry let's pick someone else! His gear sucks but he has an interrupt! Let's pick him!

That is the scenario Bioware is trying to avoid. Oh yeah btw try beating the enrage timer with interrupt classes not having the dps gear.

Stop pointing it out to players. This is game mechanics.
***THE CLONE REPUBLIC***
friendly PVE guild est 01 july 2011