Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

Casdanwell
04.16.2013 , 01:40 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by Yojack View Post
http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

Yojacks PVP build 2.0 Max damage version

More details later but burst damage with shoulder cannon, 10 secs of hold the line....almost unlimited ammo....this is just too good. I miss easy medals with ion cell, but tactics is where its out for now =)
I attempted this build but had such a difficult time with it I had to go back to shield hybrid. Any thoughts on Shield spec in 2.0?

Yojack
04.17.2013 , 11:07 PM | #642
Don't get me wrong, as im farming comms for the new exp gear....im still 90% of the time running my shield spec. But out in world pvp in makeb....the tactics tree is just so good for burst damage. Ion cell for guard and ez medals plus storm makes it too good to give up for warzones though.
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion
Home of Yojack's Min/Max since 2004

Casdanwell
04.18.2013 , 02:16 PM | #643
OK, that makes sense. I should say that I was loving the tactics spec while out leveling but just wasn't able to change my play style enough to be as effective in WZ's. Where have you been tossing your extra points within your shield spec?

Yojack
04.22.2013 , 11:45 PM | #644
Ok after having a lot of fun with tactics I am back to my tried and true shield spec!

Yojack Build 2013 Shield Spec PVP (current build for warzones, tweak to taste for pve)

Screenshot of a recent Voidstar:

http://imageshack.us/f/825/screenshot2013042122365.jpg/
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion

iReaper
04.24.2013 , 10:24 AM | #645

Yojacks PVP build 2.0 Max damage version

More details later but burst damage with shoulder cannon, 10 secs of hold the line....almost unlimited ammo....this is just too good. I miss easy medals with ion cell, but tactics is where its out for now =)

Ive been assault spec for vangaurd now that 2.0 ****ed up I want to get into tactics having trouble with rotations
between 1v1 and big mob pvp areas. Can you explain what you use in rotations to these?

edit 2: Okay
edit: so far i may be doing alot more DoT so far, my pvp dmg is about the same when i use my assault spec, though tactics i may be surviving much more which is a plus. will test more

My other question, which is the best set pieces to buy? pure combat tech? though i think some eliminator pieces are needed like Implants and ear pieces. Which piece for which slot is best to get the best possible accuracy, crit chance, crit multiplier/surge stats?

Yojack
04.25.2013 , 03:36 PM | #646
With either of my builds I would recommend going combat tech for gear. The beauty of my shield spec is survivability mixed with decent killing power from dps mods. That being said...the super commando +5% damage is too good to pass up...so farm farm farm for bis which would be super commando armor with combat tech mods/enhance (shield spec only because you have to be guarding someone for the extra 5%)
The Bastion

Exzileforgotten
04.28.2013 , 10:22 PM | #647
I am leveling my Vanguard currently so these brackets dont matter as much. With that said he is in the 30-54 bracket. I am getting absolutely obliterated by just about every class in this bracket while using pretty much the same tank build you have up. He Is not yet 40 but has a full set of 40 defensive gear. My question how ever is, am I getting torn apart because my gear does not have defense stats on it till 40? Does bolster not recognize I am in tank stance and bolster my defenses accordingly?

iReaper
04.29.2013 , 08:49 AM | #648
With either of my builds I would recommend going combat tech for gear. The beauty of my shield spec is survivability mixed with decent killing power from dps mods. That being said...the super commando +5% damage is too good to pass up...so farm farm farm for bis which would be super commando armor with combat tech mods/enhance (shield spec only because you have to be guarding someone for the extra 5%)
I knew I should of bought CT first. I have full elim and half of CT pieces. Crit chance was good at 30%, with CT gear thats impossible. what is an ideal crit chance %? or rating. now in 2.0

Yojack
05.02.2013 , 10:57 PM | #649
With the nerfs to crit (takes more rating to get same result in 2.0) I have stopped my crit at about 25% . You will get way better results adding to surge and of course power/aim after 25% crit. I miss my 35% crit of pre 2.0 but oh well. I was getting some 5k crits on hib and stockstrike tonight running my tactics pvp build. Fun....but shield is still where its at for node defending, guarding healers and huttball.
The Bastion

MerriwxOne
05.04.2013 , 06:59 PM | #650
So.....CT mods in SC 4pc set?
Which relics and implants?