Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Yojack build 2012 Trooper question and answer thread!

Cheeseblaster
03.04.2012 , 11:53 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Yojack View Post
Dang man, nice job!!
"This is war not kindergarten, suck it up"

MuscarKrone
03.05.2012 , 02:35 AM | #522
Nice! I had an Alredon like that today too Hadn't had a perfect Alderon in a long time.
Didn't have much to shoot at though, the Sith kinda just gave up half way though.... Which having a full team just give up is extremely rare on Jung Ma.
Muscar Krone
Vanguard - Trooper ::: :::
Crimson Elite - Jung Ma ::: :::

MuscarKrone
03.05.2012 , 04:00 AM | #523
So torn, Half the people I see stack some Accuracy chance, Others say to avoid it at all costs.

It's boiling down to 3% more cirt bonus, or 5% more accuracy....

Other threads say to shoot for:

300 Power
300 Crit
300 Surge
150 Accuracy
550 Expertise

I have lots of commendations for columi and champion gear, I'm gonna buy lots of pieces to remod what I have now. Obviously eventually I will find rank 25 mods and enhancements.

If you go to my "Wish List" here: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...a-38f66a29efab
(The stats are in the bar on the right side of the screen)

You will see what I think I want to end up with:

310 power (56 from Rakata Stim)
230 Crit
252 Surge
153 Accuracy
551 Expertise

I assume I'm having a hard time getting my crit and surge all the way up to 300, because I am using a Rakata Supercommando Shield, and two relics with no power/surge on them, all endurance on my relics. I trade off I will likely have to deal with. I want to stay over 18.5k health to feel tanky. I have to use a shield, it procs the cooldown on SS in my rotation.

I'm looking for a gear setup that lets me do amazing damage as a roamer/1v1, yet when I guard a medic, I can still tank well. (I will swap my stim from aim to endurance on the fly for that extra 1k health when needed)

A role I feel I do very well in PVP is to stay near their spawn, and pick them off one at a time, or hold 3-4 of them up for a good amount of time, letting the guys on my team have free reign on the objective.

With my current gear, I do about 250-375k damage & 50-150k protection per warzone, I feel like I can pump that up quite a bit, if I do my homework and remod my gear in the proper way. You can see my current gear in the same link from above. In the past I focused more on Endurance, and Surge, I let Power get way too low. (I went for the +40 Endurance over the +24 endurance mods, something I am going to chance.)

Am I on the right track? Should I trade some surge for accuracy?
Muscar Krone

Yojack
03.05.2012 , 12:43 PM | #524
Good rule of thumb is to get your 95% accuracy and stack everything else instead. Lvl 25 adept enhance are still the best dps increase you can get currently given the available itemization if you already have 95% accuracy. Go for balance and you will be well served, and worrying about 1% dmg here or there will make you go nutty given that everything is changing in a month (1.2)
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion
Home of Yojack's Min/Max since 2004

MuscarKrone
03.05.2012 , 01:19 PM | #525
Good rule of thumb is to get your 95% accuracy and stack everything else instead. Lvl 25 adept enhance are still the best dps increase you can get currently given the available itemization if you already have 95% accuracy. Go for balance and you will be well served, and worrying about 1% dmg here or there will make you go nutty given that everything is changing in a month (1.2)
Since I am using all Agile mods (Power), the 4 types of enhancements that I think I will go for:

Adept: Power, Surge
2 X Battle: Crit, Surge
Acute: Crit, Accuracy
Initiative: Power, Accuracy

Or any breakdown of 2 pieces with Accuracy, 2 with Power, 3 with crit, 3 with surge.

(Actually it looks like those are the only 4 types of enhancements in the game a DPS Trooper should ever use)

I really hope that 5% accuracy helps me, I am going insane during warzones having my HIB "missing" or "dodging" all too often. I'm like: thats ~3k of missed out damage!!!! I pretty much have ignored accuracy entirely up to now.

And yes I am going Nutty, now that a site like Ask Mr Robot exists, I'm not big into the excel sheets that I would have to use before this, I'm a bit more visual, and Looking at all the items/mods/enhancements until 3am on that site makes me more unsure of what I want, then when I started :P

Considering 1.2 is still about a month away, I figure I should just go for it, and atleast be in the best min/maxed setup I can for this month.

(I have lots of Tier 1.2 commendations I want to use up when they are still worth something for this month, (Just purely to pull the mods out of them) If I don't use them for this month, well they will become worthless after this point. )

Yeah I'm thinking out loud, but I love to see what fellow troopers think of it all.
Muscar Krone

Cheeseblaster
03.05.2012 , 01:48 PM | #526
OK this is a little off topic but i trust y'alls opinion here. Forgive me if it's not appropriate for this thread...

Pre - 50 PVP bonus mechanics. I have read in some other threads of teen and low 20 level Players pulling 250k damage in WZ's. Which sounds crazy to me...

Have also started noticing in WZ's that 20 level players hit me alot harder than 40 level players. Was in one earlier today where I went down the the wire 1v1 agianst a lvl 13 sith even with my relic and re-usable battle triage adrenal popped. (i'm almost all up to level purple mods and implants. Those that aren't purple are blue, and I have a lvl 43 blaster with all purples)

People have said they haven't changed the mechanis of the bonuses, but I just don't remember when I was that level getting that kind of advantage. Heck a Lvl 20 BH pulled a 2400 crit on me.

Maybe since at Lvl 43 the bonuses I got are all but gone. But still, i'm not that bad a player that a Lvl 13 should give me that much trouble. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention enough at lower levels to notice?

And second to the above. And this just may be me overthinking here, is that I notice a lack of higher level (40+) players in my WZ's. Does the sky high bonuses the lower levels recieve get people to stop playing PVP when they hit 40's? Or possible there just aren't that many players of my level?

I had to work my rear off to level through PVP (I started when PVP included Lvl 50's), but it seems just too easy for a lowbie to take out a higher level player these days. Any info is greatly appreciated. Even a "well, no it's just that you suck" would be helpful

Necodreus
03.05.2012 , 02:39 PM | #527
Something I have noticed from a few guildies is they dont have anything left to do with coms, so they stopped pvping until 50.
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

Yojack
03.05.2012 , 02:42 PM | #528
Currently, many War Hero level players are maxed out and have no reason to play other then 1.2. In the meantime they are rolling alts or playing other games. Its of course totally random but in warzones you may hit a lvl 40 who is a nub in greens, or you may get a lvl 20 twinked out with all purps and blues. Not too much to worry about though. Just hit 50 in your time and then you can focus on gear/pvp/endgame etc.
Yojack, once a dual warglaive wielding beta rogue of another time and space (WoW) now, reborn as a Vanguard!
The Bastion
Home of Yojack's Min/Max since 2004

Necodreus
03.05.2012 , 03:30 PM | #529
Man! wish they had a way to track Ilum stats. Went to do my daily/weekly for the first time yesterday, and started slow, but soon had 20 pubs, vs 20 imps and they would slaughter push forward, then we would for like an hr it was a blast haha was sad though got to 93/150 kills in that time them literally died to 2 people in 5 min lol. Anyone know the time everything resets?
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

Cheeseblaster
03.05.2012 , 03:59 PM | #530
Currently, many War Hero level players are maxed out and have no reason to play other then 1.2. In the meantime they are rolling alts or playing other games. Its of course totally random but in warzones you may hit a lvl 40 who is a nub in greens, or you may get a lvl 20 twinked out with all purps and blues. Not too much to worry about though. Just hit 50 in your time and then you can focus on gear/pvp/endgame etc.
thanks for the responses guys. I'm itching to get to 50!!! those 50 WZ's just sound like a blast.

Quote:
Something I have noticed from a few guildies is they dont have anything left to do with coms, so they stopped pvping until 50.
thanks for that Necodreus. Makes sense. I just stashed my 1 allotted pre-50 champ bag. And i'm almost back up to 1000/1000 so i'll be in that group soon Though i have my eyes on the lvl 46 blaster rifle, so a bit longer.