Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

gaskull
02.07.2012 , 07:25 AM | #21
Wouldnt mind a total-overhaul so to speak, but really, TOR would make a great film/series I believe, it's a grand era to say the least.
THE-KÂLI-CLAN/LEGACY
ReyejaRai'omRystayaGrivainth
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan

_Zorth_
02.07.2012 , 07:37 AM | #22
Vader & Obi fight in ANH had waaay more emotion/depth/storyto it than the entire figh tin ROTS had.. TBH I got tired of the fight between Anakin & Obi in ROTS after they started swinging on those lines and fought.

Remaking the old movies would be the dumbest thing that can happen to the saga, Should not ruin the saga just because Revan fanboys are trying to make him seem powerful, As I said we have the loyal movie fans to defend the movies honor and plenty of books.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Tairak
02.07.2012 , 08:42 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamm View Post
There are A LOT of things that could be done to the original Star Wars..
Does anyone actually trust them to be remade? No.
Not. One. Bit.

The special effects were GREAT for 1, 2, and 3.....

Now stop and think for a second....
4, 5, and 6 COULD NOT be remade without further butchering what GL didn't care to butcher (or put forethought into) in the first place...

Are Storm Troopers clones or not?
Originally, they weren't.
During the prequels they were..
Now? They're both..
That is just one example, one SMALL and not as significant example that means there needed to be A LOT more forethought put into the franchise.
Yeah there is so much more... Leia saying that she remembered her mother when she was young even though in the prequels she died at childbirth or the Force being medichlorians, if the force are just some bacterias in your blood then Yodas speech in part two makes no sense and how do they become ghosts, when they died their bacterias died with them.
Or that Darth Vader does not know Tatooine even though he spent his childhood there as a slave or that he doesn´t recognize R2D2 and C3PO even though he build C3PO himself and so much more stuff that doesn´t fit.

Please don´t butcher the original three movies just because of this stupid prequels.
I said it before, i say it again, George Lucas is the Vince Russo of movie making... he has a lot of really good and a lot of really bad ideas and needs someone who filters his output. That was the case in the original movies and wasn´t the case in the prequels.

DarthCalame
02.07.2012 , 08:44 AM | #24
The only thing I would change is the last battle would have been WOOKIES and not ewoks...
"Choice is an ILLUSION created between those WITH power and those without..."

bvisconti
02.07.2012 , 08:49 AM | #25
"Lukes actor"??!

Say what you want about the movies, but I believe Mr. Mark Hamil has earned the right to be referenced by name.

*kids these days*

MaybeEvil
02.07.2012 , 09:17 AM | #26
I'd more like to see a film based either farther in the future or further in the past.

They should just leave the first six movies alone and start fresh at another point in history.

jarjarloves
02.07.2012 , 09:26 AM | #27
remake the prequels not the original.

1. the speical effects in Star Wars hold up. If you are really that conserned about them then just update the effects like they already did.

2. If your biggest concern is how the light saber fights look then you have a lot to learn and one day when you grow up will see the errors of your ways.

3. man you have a lot to learn about acting.

info_man
02.07.2012 , 09:40 AM | #28
Quote:
2. If your biggest concern is how the light saber fights look then you have a lot to learn and one day when you grow up will see the errors of your ways.
This is my favorite quote so far. I have alot to learn as a person and through my "growing up" (which was commented a few times...although I'd feel werid defending my old age on a video game forum) I can finally understand the ways of several made up stances to a made up weapon in a made up universe.

Anyways just to make one thing clear because it got brought up a few times, I never said Lucas should or shouldn't remake them. Personally I too would want someone else behind it, but I'll take what I can get. I'm aware they can always do worse...and in many cases with different remakes have done worse...however I always have the option of not watching it or liking it, I believe its still worth the "risk" for a chance to see an epic sw movie.

Grabemx
02.07.2012 , 09:40 AM | #29
I have yet to see a good remake. I don't count Rob Zombie's Halloween, because that was more of a reboot.

Look at what Hollywood is about to ruin shortly. Red Dawn. It was a classic, but Hollywood is out to kill it.

Amityville Horror
The Fog
Arthur
The Blob
Clash of the Titans
The Karate Kid
Planet of the Apes

ETC ETC ETC

Bleh.
BOOM HEADSHOT

MackumDog
02.07.2012 , 09:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCalame View Post
The only thing I would change is the last battle would have been WOOKIES and not ewoks...

But Wookies were all dead, but the few that escaped the genocide. Ewoks were crap I must admit, what sort of militray weapon is defeated by a lump of wood!
I can't brain today...I have the dumb