Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

Zamm
02.07.2012 , 02:59 AM | #11
There are A LOT of things that could be done to the original Star Wars..
Does anyone actually trust them to be remade? No.
Not. One. Bit.

The special effects were GREAT for 1, 2, and 3.....

Now stop and think for a second....
4, 5, and 6 COULD NOT be remade without further butchering what GL didn't care to butcher (or put forethought into) in the first place...

Are Storm Troopers clones or not?
Originally, they weren't.
During the prequels they were..
Now? They're both..
That is just one example, one SMALL and not as significant example that means there needed to be A LOT more forethought put into the franchise.
The story is powerful, Anakin is annoying, Star Wars is amazing.
Do I want George Lucas to do anymore Star Wars things?
No.

Do I want George Lucas to stop saying he is going to retire and do it?
Yes.

Do I want someone that actually has talent (and not just money), someone that actually WROTE Star Wars books to pick it up?
Definitely......
There once was a stranger, with eyes full of danger, he spoke not a word, but his meaning was heard...

Jaick
02.07.2012 , 03:00 AM | #12
No....no...just. NO

Now Lucas needs to just stop being a stupid freaking idiot for once in his dang life and sell the rights so we can get a Darth Bane movie or something.

Zamm
02.07.2012 , 03:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaick View Post
No....no...just. NO

Now Lucas needs to just stop being a stupid freaking idiot for once in his dang life and sell the rights so we can get a Darth Bane movie or something.
If I could thumbs up this... ):

Drew Karpyshyn...
It is time to find your own apprentice and defeat George Lucas!!!

We NEED to see Bane on the big screen ):
There once was a stranger, with eyes full of danger, he spoke not a word, but his meaning was heard...

MaxHelix
02.07.2012 , 05:58 AM | #14
Personally, I would want a remake of 1-3 into coherent sequals, and plots THAT ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE AND MAKE US LOVE THE CHARACTERS.

Go watch Plinkett's youtube reviews of the first three (1-3) movies and you will see what I'm talking about. 1-3 are filled with more plot holes and bad writing than Swiss Cheese.

Kossuth
02.07.2012 , 06:05 AM | #15
Squadron 238 Tester

VelnikSP
02.07.2012 , 06:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxHelix View Post
Personally, I would want a remake of 1-3 into coherent sequals, and plots THAT ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE AND MAKE US LOVE THE CHARACTERS.

Go watch Plinkett's youtube reviews of the first three (1-3) movies and you will see what I'm talking about. 1-3 are filled with more plot holes and bad writing than Swiss Cheese.
Yeah, I'd like to see 1-3 remade. sorta the way highlander 2 was remade into a coherent film years after release.

Trollmarine
02.07.2012 , 06:16 AM | #17
I'd rather make a remake of 1-3 parts, cos comparing to the 4,5,6 they were awful. But what I really would love to see is some side episode (or several episodes) about Han Solo adventures without any jedis or siths, yes I know they are basically the hallmark of the entire SW series but that's actually the weakness of the films, too much emphasise on this kid stuff like ''force, destiny, dark side'' and other stupid bla bla bla and not much discovering of the details in the SW world. Though in 4,5,6 parts this child stuff was rather tolerable but in 1,2,3 it became extermly annoying and breaking all the limits and the dialogues became excessively primitive. It's a sci-fi world above all, not some dull fantasy with swords, dragons and elves. So making some side episodes without it would be really great. Han Solo travels obviously are no feasible to create already and the boat has been missed since Harrison Ford is too old, but they could come up with some other ideas.

TheInterficio
02.07.2012 , 07:07 AM | #18
Definently not, what people seem to forget is that while the originals were known for their special effects, the digital special effects of this age, is not what made star wars.

It was the painstaking amount of effort the original crew went to making models/creating the effects to achieve such a visually impressive movie. Along with the typical romanticised hero sci-fi story.

Also, no one can replace Porkins.

Aximand
02.07.2012 , 07:15 AM | #19
You could never get a Vader as good as David Prowse.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

MustrumRidcully
02.07.2012 , 07:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by VelnikSP View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see 1-3 remade. sorta the way highlander 2 was remade into a coherent film years after release.
I've never head of a Highlander 2.

But I'd totally want to see 1-3 remade.