Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

info_man
02.07.2012 , 12:43 AM | #1
I always get alot of different answers and alot of passion on this question, so I thought I'd post it here.
What would you think if they made a true remake of the older Star Wars movies? When I say remake of course, I mean a new movie...not added effects or edits like it was done in the past.

Personally, I normally hate...HATE...remakes. However one series I believed should have a remake over any series was starwars...a movie based off technology more or less.

Also please dont get me wrong. I think the movies were great for its time...I do. However now, I just can't sit through them.

My reasons for a remake.

1. The technology is old to the point of greatly hindering the purpose of many of scenes and over all theme.

2. Kind of similar to two, the battles look horrible due to the technology in which its made. For example Luke and Vadar fight as one of the two most powerful force users there are...and they swing their swords around slow and sloppy. Yet while Vadar was a young padawan, he was jumping around like an insane maniac destroying everything in his path along with every other jedi. Granted he has some robotic limbs now, that doesnt excuse all of it.
This ontop of large scale combat would be amazing now compared to then.

3. To me, and this is where it gets really debated, the actors can all easily be replaced...with the exception of ford, although quite honestly theres a few actors now at his age then who can pull it off. I for one did not like Lukes actor. Looked and acted just a little too weak even at the end.

In closing have you ever tried to watch the first three...then watch the second three? I can't do it. Doesn't make sense when I think about half the stuff going on due to the old technology.

Granted I'd much rather have a movie based off TOR but a remake of these old movies would be fantastic as well.

Gantoris_Aym
02.07.2012 , 12:45 AM | #2
as bad as this sounds, I will watch anything with "Star Wars" in the title somewhere.

Perhilion
02.07.2012 , 01:16 AM | #3
Remake the only decent movies of the series?!?!

I bet you would like Lucas "directing" them too?

Some kids nowadays...

Supahhappy
02.07.2012 , 01:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
as bad as this sounds, I will watch anything with "Star Wars" in the title somewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo

Watch them all now.

+50 darkside points.
Has lost all faith in BioWare since EA has gutted them and stole their soul. Will never buy another game from this shell of its former self.

DarkMorlin
02.07.2012 , 02:08 AM | #5
Ugh! You know why he waited for the prequals? So he could put the crappy battle droids in. And Jar-jar. We waited 20 years.....so we wouldn't have to miss Jar-jar.

Luke and Vader didn't need to jump around, they were so powerful they just walked up and killed whoever got in their way, no need for silly tricks. All those spinning back flips make you a good cheerleader I guess, but when you are in a sword fight taking your eyes of your enemy for a split second equals instant death.

Luke and Vader's fight was the only realistic fight in the entire series. All the oriental "martial arts" look nice...but there is a reason Europe dominated china. There is a reason the cage fighters concentrate on boxing and greko-roman wrestling. All the flipping around, twirling ninja stuff, and ultra-light swords will get you insta-dead when you meet a broadsword.

MackumDog
02.07.2012 , 02:10 AM | #6
Have you ever seen what happens to remakes, classic films that are just never the same.

Get Carter, Original ..Clasic ... Remake ...Rubbish
Italian Job, Original ..Clasic ... Remake ...Rubbish
OMEN Original ..Clasic ... Remake ...Rubbish

The list goes on, of course there have been remakes of faield films that have become better, but Star Wars wasnt a failed film.
I can't brain today...I have the dumb

Ortof
02.07.2012 , 02:30 AM | #7
I wouldn't want a remake of 4-6. However, I read a fanbased script that picks up from Episode 6 and continues 7-9. Took me a few days but good god it was phenomenal in my opinion. Where he took the Republic, the technology etc.

There was a big spat over it as it was "rumored" that it was actually a Lucas movie script idea for 3 more episodes. Sadly, it proved to only be fan based and Lucas himself said he was done with making Star Wars movies.

/cry

Lightmaguz
02.07.2012 , 02:36 AM | #8
no

And it's not my problem you didn't like Mark Hamill, like hell some punk can replace him, go watch Clone Wars or something.

Alec Guiness is irreplaceable(through Ewan Mcgreggor made a *********** A job doing his younger version.), Ford, Carrie, Ian Mcdiarmid even Billy Dee Williams and Cushing which aren't the most recognized faces in there. I wouldn't trade those movies for anything, the only thing I could go with is a digitized or 3d version(preferably not as cartoonized as Clone Wars) and it would still not replace the trilogy.

Cegenaus
02.07.2012 , 02:48 AM | #9
no

/5char
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

vampirenighthawk
02.07.2012 , 02:48 AM | #10
I personally would like to see movies based after 4,5,6 read books about them apparently luke goes to the dark side for a bit.