Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoint difficulty progression (Rep)

Veimi
02.07.2012 , 05:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
You get tionese tokens from most of the boses in hard mode, you get columi tokens from only the last bosses of each of the hard modes. Through completion of daily-weekly HM quest and sometimes flashpoint specific quests you gain Tionese and Columi commendations. Also each boss drops Tionese crystals, another token tool for Tionese gear.
Wrong. You get tionese token from the last boss of each hardmode. Other bosses drop only crystals. Dailies give currently 1 columi and 3 tionese tokens and weeklies 3 and 9. This will be increased in todays patch though.
Adrianne
<Fade>
Jedi Shadow
Tomb of Freedon Nadd PVP EU

Veimi
02.07.2012 , 05:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by firesprite_ea View Post
Thank you for the explanation. I take it these tokens are in addition to the normal item drops these bosses have? (ithere is a topic abt which boss drops what).
Yes bosses drop loot as well. Last boss drops columi level gear token, others drop tionese level and usually the easiest ones drop only tionese crystals.
Adrianne
<Fade>
Jedi Shadow
Tomb of Freedon Nadd PVP EU

JeyKama
02.07.2012 , 06:22 AM | #13
Bosses enrage on a set time, but as for a countdown, no. Usually when your tank explodes is a good indicator to pop all your defensive cooldowns and try to kite or something

emidas
02.07.2012 , 08:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Veimi View Post
Wrong. You get tionese token from the last boss of each hardmode. Other bosses drop only crystals. Dailies give currently 1 columi and 3 tionese tokens and weeklies 3 and 9. This will be increased in todays patch though.
No, you are wrong. Final bosses of HM's currently drop Columni Tokens.

FriarChuggs
02.07.2012 , 10:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
From easiest to hardest, IMHO.
I tend to agree with your list in terms of difficulty, though I'd move false emp a couple spots b/c bonus boss is tough.

What about fastest to slowest? I know BT/BP are absurdly fast, but I've only done most of the others 1-2 times and don't have much of a handle on how quickly they can be plowed through (on HM, not normal).

Ilintar
02.07.2012 , 10:42 AM | #16
I'd rank Esseles the hardest, over Directive 7, simply because how hard the Ironfist fight is (you have to interrupt perfectly and then still it's a race to beat the enrage if you have entry-level gear), plus the first boss isn't exactly a pushover either. I think Bulwark is generally easier than Ironfist, I had quite less trouble taking him down once you know how to block the droids and position yourselves. Mentor is more of learning the proper tactics for the encounter than difficult in itself - there's simply a lot of stuff you have to pay attention to at once.
Ilum PvP proposal - read here

arrionw
02.07.2012 , 11:19 AM | #17
You can deal with the bugged adds from the first boss in Directive 7 by pulling the boss out of his room. The legitimate single adds will still run to you, but the bugged adds will get stuck. Also, he only seems to bug out when cloning non-Force using classes, so if your party is all Jedi/Sith he shouldn't bug for you.

Eileithia
02.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #18
Easiest to hardest IMO:

Taral V - Skip the bonus boss, he only drops Tionese implants, and you can get Rakata from doing solo dailies. Last boss can be a bit of a pain if you're healer isn't cureing the bombs immediately. CC as many droids as possible durring the fight and pick them off one at a time instead of letting them focus fire your healer. If you know you're close to wiping near the end of the fight, wipe. Don't kill him and let any left over ads take you down or you'll be locked out of the zone with no loot.

False Emperor - Only "hard" fight is HK-47 and it's just his enrage timer. He doesn't hit hard initially so your DPS and healer should be pounding on him from the pull and tossing AE heals if/when needed if you're all in lower level gear. Ignore the turrets. He enrages at 5% regardless so save your defensive/heal cooldowns for that phase. Great zone to farm as Malgus basically hands you the BP token after he tickles you for a while. Just be sure to interrupt his unlimited power and it's the easiest fight in the game.

Malestrom Prison - Cyborg is a pain if your tank gets seen he'll wipe the party, but if you position correctly he's a pushover. First boss is also a heal check, so bring a good one if you dont have over 11-12K hp on each party memeber.

Esseles - can be buggy, and Ironfist can be a major PITA. LOS pull him up top (back of the room) to avoid getting his ads.

Battle of Ilum - Only ran this once so far, but it seems only the middle boss is a bit over-tuned. (Can't remember his name)

Directive 7 - Not too hard if you get the mechanics down, and don't get bugged on a couple bosses, but the Mentor fight is very long, and easily failed if your whole team isn't paying attention to the mechanics. I'd run this on regular once or twice to get a sense of the fight before attempting the hard mode if you haven't done so.

Kaion under siege - The bosses in this zone are almost free loot, but the trash can be pretty insane. There are some really "fun" pulls in this zone. CC whatever you can and take out anything strong or above one at a time paying attention to their individual mechanics. there's seriously too much trash in this zone.

Aerich
02.08.2012 , 09:27 AM | #19
Just want to pop in and convey my gratitude as well for this thread. My group has always been the same 4 people and we plowed through all the FPs in normal mode without much trouble (though as a melee tank, my hatred for Kuon is endless) and then we hit HM Esseles and got utterly smeared by the bosses. Repeat attempts always ended in abject failure. We considered trying a different HM but our logic was if we were too fail to handle the "first" FP then we should definitely stay out of the "harder" ones. Now we know the HMs don't follow the same difficulty scale that their normal counterparts do.

Then again, the last time we did HMs our 2 dps hadn't yet finished Corellia much less done the Ilum/Belsavis stuff (which has since been rectified) so maybe we wouldn't have so much trouble now.

What I liked most about this thread is it was pure help and no troll/flame/game too easy/l2p garbage.
Making plans is a good way to hear god laugh

IThrowRocks
02.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #20
This is my experience with hardmodes

Kaon is the easiest and best to farm imo. There is not a difficult boss in this FP. Honestly the trash is the hardest part about it but if you have some good cc you will be fine. Learn the trash and the flashpoint is by far the easiest.

I personally think Maelstrom is the next best one to do. The cyborg boss is difficult but not really. If you have a skilled tank that knows what he is doing the fight is not that bad. Only mechanic he really has is the implant phase and if tank does his thing its a cake walk. Rest of the place is pretty simple really.

False emperor was not too bad but my group seemed to hit enrage timers on HK-47 and last boss. HK-47 requires some quick thinking on aoe abilities but other than that this flashpoint was not too bad. The last boss has to be pushed off in a special way though that usually requires a guardian.

Taral V is easy until you get to the last boss. Interupts need to be cycled through well and it is a pretty strong dps race. Good cc and coordiantion with adds and solid dps is what this fight needs.

I havn't done Ilum or essless but I have heard they are the roughest of the HM FPs.