Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoint difficulty progression (Rep)

firesprite_ea
02.07.2012 , 12:18 AM | #1
Pretty sure there was a thread like this but I was not able to find in in the last 5 pages so I would like to ask again.

What is the difficutly progression for HM FP for Rep side?
We are playing in a group of three ppl (shadow tank+ sentinel dps+sage healer) and have just finished slotting our gear with mods from daily quests (+lvl 49 implants/ear/belt/bracers). As I understand that is more than sufficient to start with HM FP.

Can anyone pls advise what is the "easiest" one and which one should be avoided for the newbie group?
Oh and we are on mumble and are pretty good at coordinating our interrupts/CC/adds pickup etc (i understand that is pretty vital in some fights).

Thank you in advance.

Veimi
02.07.2012 , 12:57 AM | #2
Esseles would be the easiest one. I recommend avoiding directive 7. Everything else is in the between maybe Taral V being a bit easier than the rest.
Adrianne
<Fade>
Jedi Shadow
Tomb of Freedon Nadd PVP EU

Durros
02.07.2012 , 01:10 AM | #3
Because of some boss mobs being a bit buggy, I think the levels are as such:

Taral V < Maestrom Prison < False Emperor < Esseles < Directive 7

firesprite_ea
02.07.2012 , 02:29 AM | #4
Thank you for the imput (and hope to get a bit more).

P.S. Why is it some put Elessess close to the "hardest" FP? I think i read somewhere that you can have troubles with Ironfist (if you do not interrupt) and end boss and his two sabre throw (again, pretty random).

StellaRossa
02.07.2012 , 02:44 AM | #5
Yeah, read a lot about esseles being the hardest one.

Played it yestarday, and in my opinion, it's probably the easiest one...

firesprite_ea
02.07.2012 , 02:51 AM | #6
Well, guess will try Elessess today and see for ourselves ^__^.
By the way i do not see any imput on Battle for Illum and Falce emperor. How do you ppl rate these two (compared to above)?

JeyKama
02.07.2012 , 04:18 AM | #7
From easiest to hardest, IMHO.

Taral V : Nothing special needed. Only one boss (the robot) needs interrupting, but it is infrequent enough to not need a rotation. Looks huge but you can skip 2/3 of the trash.

Maelstrom: Cyborg boss is kind of brutal and needs a tank who can wrap their head around los kiting, and dps who won't pull aggro during it, especially the first kite. The rest is easy.

False Emperor: Mandalorian boss requires almost exploiting the guns and positioning to complete (basically you open with the center cannon to hit the ship, tank him next to the center turret, then everyone hits it as soon as the ship moves up), but with voice chat that shouldn't be too hard. Malgus is less of an issue now, but for some reason my character is bugged out and is unable to pick up grenades, so make sure to discard any unused grenades before you zone out.

Battle for Ilum: Cannoneer boss requires an los pull, quick aoe cc and hard aoe dps, and a tank on the ball with interrupting defense screen, and his enrage is rough and quick. Supposedly you can skip him (only drops a tionese belt) but otherwise the rest is easy.

Esseles: First "boss" requires fast aoe cc/dps in order to zerg down his adds while meeting his enrage. Mandalorian's enrage is also brutal with melee who can't really even attempt to dps him during his missile salvo. Last boss's targeting circles tend to bug out and strike as soon as the circles appear, and his double saber strike can hit the same person twice, practically guaranteeing a gib.

Kaon at Siege: The trash NOT faceroll and often a boss to themselves with all the crazy stuff they do (especially with multiple mercenaries and screamers in the same pack) AND there is a metric ton of it. The bonus boss - if you don't have at least 2 droid CCs, don't bother, and if you do make sure to pull him far from his initial position (although you -can- pull it back to the entrance of the zone since it has no enrage, it seems kind of silly). At least the rest of the bosses are a joke once you understand the basic mechanics.

Directive 7: First boss bugs out really easily will more often than not spam-clone a player. If it picks that player first you're in for a lot of hurt. Bulwark's punch can't be interrupted anymore, so if melee aren't careful they can get gibbed, and his health+enrage can be painful if you don't have the CC for the droids. Mentor is long, prolonged, and brutal.

firesprite_ea
02.07.2012 , 04:38 AM | #8
Thank you for a nice and detailed description! Guess we will try Taral V today (I actually like that instance) instead of the Elesses and see how it goes. Chaining interrupt is not a problem for us usually, the only thing is that we need 4th member and it seems like we will need a ranged DPS (as we have 2 melee already - tank and dps).

Oh and one more question abt the enrage timer: is there some sort of visible counter for it? or just some invisible clock that you have to learn of "the hard way"?

Final question: i have seen a vendor on the fleet that sells some equipment for columi / tiones equip (at least i think there were commendation costs). Do you get those commendation from daily quest / FP completion / boss or a combination of all that?

Thank you all for the imput!

Ephesia
02.07.2012 , 04:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by firesprite_ea View Post
Thank you for a nice and detailed description! Guess we will try Taral V today (I actually like that instance) instead of the Elesses and see how it goes. Chaining interrupt is not a problem for us usually, the only thing is that we need 4th member and it seems like we will need a ranged DPS (as we have 2 melee already - tank and dps).

Oh and one more question abt the enrage timer: is there some sort of visible counter for it? or just some invisible clock that you have to learn of "the hard way"?

Final question: i have seen a vendor on the fleet that sells some equipment for columi / tiones equip (at least i think there were commendation costs). Do you get those commendation from daily quest / FP completion / boss or a combination of all that?

Thank you all for the imput!
You get tionese tokens from most of the boses in hard mode, you get columi tokens from only the last bosses of each of the hard modes. Through completion of daily-weekly HM quest and sometimes flashpoint specific quests you gain Tionese and Columi commendations. Also each boss drops Tionese crystals, another token tool for Tionese gear.

firesprite_ea
02.07.2012 , 04:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
You get tionese tokens from most of the boses in hard mode, you get columi tokens from only the last bosses of each of the hard modes. Through completion of daily-weekly HM quest and sometimes flashpoint specific quests you gain Tionese and Columi commendations. Also each boss drops Tionese crystals, another token tool for Tionese gear.
Thank you for the explanation. I take it these tokens are in addition to the normal item drops these bosses have? (ithere is a topic abt which boss drops what).