Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper vs Smuggler story[potential spoilers]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Trooper vs Smuggler story[potential spoilers]

Gwena
02.08.2012 , 12:59 AM | #11
I only played Trooper briefly so I can't comment on that, other than to say that there is more of a sense of your character being obligated to go places and do things.

Smuggler though has very fun dialogue and you really feel like you have a choice in what you say. My Smuggler is lightside and as nice as possible, yet still has that wit and sarcastic humor that is sorely lacking in the other Republic classes.

I'm not particularly impressed with the plot of the story itself (level 43 here though), but it isn't bad and has some very funny moments. I don't love the selection of companions overall, but somehow, there aren't any I especially dislike either. They all fit very well and are pretty interesting, and if you play a male character you get two romance options as well (both of which are great characters IMHO). Plus, unlike with some classes, there aren't any companions that I would worry about murdering my character in her sleep or something. While they are not all "nice", I imagine they would be a good and loyal crew.

Quote: Originally Posted by Setta View Post
If I have any complaints about the smuggler class, is that it's a bit too heroic for me.
I'd agree with this as well. While doing quests on my Smuggler I have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that these NPC's aren't meant to be talking to me -- Jedi are the Republic's heroes and Troopers are elite soldiers, but Smugglers are just civilians that do sneaky and slightly-legal things. Playing on my Jedi it makes sense for important officials and poor refugees to recognize me and ask me to storm Imperial bases and kill horrific monsters that good soldiers have died to. On Smuggler, not so much. xD

badou
02.08.2012 , 06:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
I only played Trooper briefly so I can't comment on that, other than to say that there is more of a sense of your character being obligated to go places and do things.

Smuggler though has very fun dialogue and you really feel like you have a choice in what you say. My Smuggler is lightside and as nice as possible, yet still has that wit and sarcastic humor that is sorely lacking in the other Republic classes.

I'm not particularly impressed with the plot of the story itself (level 43 here though), but it isn't bad and has some very funny moments. I don't love the selection of companions overall, but somehow, there aren't any I especially dislike either. They all fit very well and are pretty interesting, and if you play a male character you get two romance options as well (both of which are great characters IMHO). Plus, unlike with some classes, there aren't any companions that I would worry about murdering my character in her sleep or something. While they are not all "nice", I imagine they would be a good and loyal crew.

I'd agree with this as well. While doing quests on my Smuggler I have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that these NPC's aren't meant to be talking to me -- Jedi are the Republic's heroes and Troopers are elite soldiers, but Smugglers are just civilians that do sneaky and slightly-legal things. Playing on my Jedi it makes sense for important officials and poor refugees to recognize me and ask me to storm Imperial bases and kill horrific monsters that good soldiers have died to. On Smuggler, not so much. xD
smugglers in this game are like bounty hunters.if they are paid they go anywhere and kill anything.Thats why i love it .Jedi code is ****** i prefer the funny and yet serious smuggler every time.