Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the British accents on Empire side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why all the British accents on Empire side?

Oneirophrenia
02.06.2012 , 06:39 PM | #11
It's just payback for introducing us to the likes of Hugh Grant, Spice Girls, Simon Cowell and David Beckham. Nothing personal.

ZDProletariat
02.06.2012 , 06:39 PM | #12
It's not british, it's precise. The imperials have always been associated with high society, pomp, circumstance, and arrogance. You wouldn't expect them to sound droll, would you? Also, if you ever actually go to England you'd realize how rarely any of them sound remotely like the accent you imagine when you think of them.

chakkar
02.06.2012 , 06:39 PM | #13
Because the IMPS in the original trilogy were british. The original films were filmed moslty in ENgland, at the Elstree Studios in Northern London. Theres a "Tesco" grocery store (big one, two stories!) store right nest to it now. You can see form the Tesco on the sound stage it is written "George Lucas Sound Stage".

I am happy with the British accents. I a m tired of hearing our old boring voices all the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
No, this is the greatest thread of all time for the greatest game of all time.
Merry Christmas<(0_o> Long live the Empire! And, more importantly you Master

Chessrook
02.06.2012 , 06:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Oneirophrenia View Post
It's just payback for introducing us to the likes of Hugh Grant, Spice Girls, Simon Cowell and David Beckham. Nothing personal.
But I like Monty Python...

Explosive_Lasers
02.06.2012 , 06:41 PM | #15
Because the Empire has always had English accents after Lucas used local talent for the Imperial characters in the original trilogy.

At least there are enough Scots to make me feel at home.

Edit: As for the British hate...

*clears throat*

The Beatles.

That is all.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

Clova
02.06.2012 , 06:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Chessrook View Post
But I like Monty Python...
and Hugh Laurie!

*swoons*

chakkar
02.06.2012 , 06:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Clova View Post
and Hugh Laurie!

*swoons*
and I like Kiera Knightly....
Quote: Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
No, this is the greatest thread of all time for the greatest game of all time.
Merry Christmas<(0_o> Long live the Empire! And, more importantly you Master

FerrusPA
02.06.2012 , 06:42 PM | #18
The Empire comes off as a disciplined, well-organized force while the Republic is full of backstabbing, incompetent or just plain lazy people.

There's your reason right there.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

Saseav
02.06.2012 , 06:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TotalKitty View Post
Nah, it's because back when the very first Star Wars film was produced, the world worked in such ways that America always was the hero. Now, America hated the British (and still does), hence the Republic got American accents and the evil evil Empire all got (fake) British accents.

Again, Swtor is an American game, so ofc the Americans are the "good" guys.
or... british actors are cheaper. so they became the most used voice, and in the original trilogy, you hear more imperials speak, then say rebels.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Clova
02.06.2012 , 06:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FerrusPA View Post
The Empire comes off as a disciplined, well-organized force while the Republic is full of backstabbing, incompetent or just plain lazy people.

There's your reason right there.
Nah, they;re just better at hiding their backstabbs. It seems Empire has a whole lot more of that than repub does.