Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frozen in time? Unplayable amount of lag...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Frozen in time? Unplayable amount of lag...

ilovedu
12.13.2011 , 09:08 AM | #1
Title says it all, just wondering if anyone else is having problems as bad as me, currently at the moment my game is frozen in time, as in it has lagged so badly that I'm pretty much cut off from the server, this happens every time I try to play. I would love to play this game guys but I don't know whats going on. My roommate in the other room is playing fine on the same server but for some reason I can't even get through the opening quest without my game freezing up

ilovedu
12.13.2011 , 09:17 AM | #2
The worst part is when I ask for help in general people assume I'm trolling...

Blikki
12.13.2011 , 09:20 AM | #3
your Computer up to date?

Igby
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #4
Updated video drivers? And actually go to their website for the drivers, don't trust your computer.
Anti-cross-server anything. Pro-anything that helps build a sense of community.

ilovedu
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blikki View Post
your Computer up to date?
Yes, my computer is up to date and so are my graphics drivers, I just updated them today. I played the game flawlessly in Beta and had loads of fun. Not only did I have to edit my config file to even run the game (since for some reason I can only play in windowed mode) but now when I am logged in the lag is ridiculous

ilovedu
12.13.2011 , 09:33 AM | #6
So I figured out that it's only when both me and my roommate are logged into the same server. If both of us are on the same server one of us gets crazy lag.

Seriously Bioware.....

threelibrass
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #7
Yea its totally messed up Bioware... Sending incompetant driods to setup this man and his roomates internet! How dare you make him laggggg?!... Biowareeeee!

WebJedi
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #8
Weird.

djprivilegued
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #9
Now I know this may sound silly but, have you tried running on different VLANs? Or maybe BW never anticipated two machines playing on the same server from the same LAN (just kidding!). How is your broadband modem setup? Any QoS in place? It would seem that as soon as you play one of you is getting all the bandwidth and the other has to suffer.

If your modem supports it I would suggest some better than stock firmware on your modem. DD-WRT is pretty simple to administer and has a great wiki - google is your friend.

Tarilyn
12.23.2011 , 10:50 AM | #10
i'm only getting really bad lag in the private story areas, but it's really bad, even if the servers aren't anywhere close to full. outside, general environment, it depends on how many people are in the server, but the minute i walk through that lovely green light, it lags so bad i can barely play. any suggestions?