Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Honestly, I have lost all desire to level another toon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Honestly, I have lost all desire to level another toon

PeacefulViolence's Avatar


PeacefulViolence
02.06.2012 , 05:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kauhu View Post
Uh, what did you really expect. It's not like KOTOR1 or 2's storylines were that awesome-best-story-telling-in-the-history? Maybe it's just me, or then people are looking at them through rose-eyed glasses. Maybe it's just the hype, and people were expecting too much *shrug*

KOTOR1:

Spoiler


KOTOR were single player games and for a single player RPG it was fantastic, this is an MMO and it's evident that this kind of story-telling does not belong in an MMO.

darkcerb's Avatar


darkcerb
02.06.2012 , 05:03 PM | #22
All the storys are fairly predictable, at least in the sith ones you feel like a ****** most of the way through especially at the end.

Uben's Avatar


Uben
02.06.2012 , 05:03 PM | #23
The best story I ever had in a game was in SWG. Mostly because it was my OWN and not someone else's that I was forced to play through for leveling.
Uben Qui ___
S A I N S
We and the force are merely tools for the gods.

bltzkrieg's Avatar


bltzkrieg
02.06.2012 , 05:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
The Trooper story ending is SO bad, I could not possibly want to invest in another toon to waste the time for another bad ending.

Please tell me that some other class has an ending that is worth doing because the epicness of the trooper story was balanced out by the failure of the trooper ending.
1) Its not a waste of time if you think the game is fun
2) If its not fun then DONT roll an Alt

The main point being is that NOBODY cares which way you go and to make a thread like this is just foolish. I am pretty sure that many find the story just fine.

To make a blanket statement that you assume that all the story lines will be bad based on one is just rediculous.

Jett-Rinn's Avatar


Jett-Rinn
02.06.2012 , 05:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
The Trooper story ending is SO bad, I could not possibly want to invest in another toon to waste the time for another bad ending.

Please tell me that some other class has an ending that is worth doing because the epicness of the trooper story was balanced out by the failure of the trooper ending.
But from your past posts you barley had any desire to level the first one....so what's your point?

Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

ArmchairMagpie's Avatar


ArmchairMagpie
02.06.2012 , 05:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PeacefulViolence View Post
[...]
MMO's shouldn't be about story to begin with, one of the problems i'm having with this game is not a lack of story, it's the fact that it has one, lol... Perhaps i'm just used to the way every other MMO is, i know i'm not the only person that feels this way though, the class quests are great, i have no problem with that, but why on earth would Bioware ever choose to do voiced side quests, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and voiced repeatable quests are even worse.
It was the main selling point of this one, anyone buying it should honestly have been prepared for it. Also this is a MMORPG, maybe it's just me but I sort of knew that when I am buying a Bioware game I am also buying their version of understanding of a RPG. Just because other MMOs did it differently it doesn't mean it sets the tone, even praised/hyped GW2 will obviously be centred about story.

Reico's Avatar


Reico
02.06.2012 , 05:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
But from your past posts you barley had any desire to level the first one....so what's your point?


It's soulstitch, guy has been badmouthing the game and devs since beta haha. Probably the best part is for all his talk he still bought the game and subbed. Wish the old forums were still around, could link the thread he got smacked around by a dev, now that was funny.

Some people are masochists.
PVPers are the biggest cry babies of any community
Reico Emeir - IOI - Tempest
<I O I>

davidpop's Avatar


davidpop
02.06.2012 , 05:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I have 3 50s and I've listened to every convo. Do you know why? Because they are different for every single base class, and your responses are different as well. The only thing that stays the same is the actual quest.
No, they are not, 90% of it is the same, there is way to little class story for it to be interesting to level alts.

PeacefulViolence's Avatar


PeacefulViolence
02.06.2012 , 05:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ArmchairMagpie View Post
It was the main selling point of this one, anyone buying it should honestly have been prepared for it. Also this is a MMORPG, maybe it's just me but I sort of knew that when I am buying a Bioware game I am also buying their version of understanding of a RPG. Just because other MMOs did it differently it doesn't mean it sets the tone, even praised/hyped GW2 will obviously be centred about story.
The difference between SWTOR and GW2 is that it won't have voiced side quests that drive you crazy because they are the same for every character you make on that faction.

No matter what Bioware tells you it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this game would have been much better had they toned down on the voice acting, VO for side quests is completely unnecessary, they should have just voiced the class quests and that's it, however there is still a solution to this problem, add the option to disable voice overs for side quests and repeatable quests, this is a must have feature for hardcore players.

MrOrionQuest's Avatar


MrOrionQuest
02.06.2012 , 05:18 PM | #30
Your opinion on how the story unfolds, is told, plotted and ends are purely your own opinion, and not fact.

Stop stating opinion as fact and hyperbole. If you don't like how a story is told, or how a story driven MMORPG plays out, this isn't really the game for you. You knew well in advance this was going to be story driven, and now that you have it, you feel compelled to state how you don't like the story or you prefer skipping it and portray it and it's quality as a fact, which it is not.

If somebody wrote a fictional story about you and your life, and somebody commented about how they thought the book sucked and was poorly written, how much of that would you believe is fact? None of it. This is also why you don't get your money back if you didn't like a movie.
<Dark Saber>