Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Honestly, I have lost all desire to level another toon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Honestly, I have lost all desire to level another toon

SoulstitchMMO
02.06.2012 , 04:38 PM | #1
The Trooper story ending is SO bad, I could not possibly want to invest in another toon to waste the time for another bad ending.

Please tell me that some other class has an ending that is worth doing because the epicness of the trooper story was balanced out by the failure of the trooper ending.

PeacefulViolence
02.06.2012 , 04:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
The Trooper story ending is SO bad, I could not possibly want to invest in another toon to waste the time for another bad ending.

Please tell me that some other class has an ending that is worth doing because the epicness of the trooper story was balanced out by the failure of the trooper ending.
I can't even bring myself to level my first toon to 50, i just stopped at level 45, i guess i just need some time away from the game.

MMO's shouldn't be about story to begin with, one of the problems i'm having with this game is not a lack of story, it's the fact that it has one, lol... Perhaps i'm just used to the way every other MMO is, i know i'm not the only person that feels this way though, the class quests are great, i have no problem with that, but why on earth would Bioware ever choose to do voiced side quests, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and voiced repeatable quests are even worse.

davidpop
02.06.2012 , 04:41 PM | #3
I got a BH and Smuggler at 50, both endings really felt weak to.

SoulstitchMMO
02.06.2012 , 04:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PeacefulViolence View Post
I can't even bring myself to level my first toon to 50, i just stopped at level 45, i guess i just need some time away from the game.
The only selling point for this game IS the story. That's it. Every single other facet of SWTOR is a failure, and they just failed at the ending?

Why would Daniel Erickson allow this? People are supposed to be excited to level another toon. People honestly got to their ending of their character, and decided to level another toon? Why?!?

Clova
02.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #5
I think I recieved all ya'lls desires then. Could you please take them back? I got in at Dec 14th, and still dont have a 50 because Im loving seeing all the other stories out there.

Selling excess leveling desire, $10!

ducksmyth
02.06.2012 , 04:46 PM | #6
The Agent ending is bad too.

The ending to act one and two are very good but the reveal at the end of the third is stunningly cringe inducing.
Though if you get past the awful reveal the main story part to it is quite good.

Anxxxiety
02.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #7
I don't think my spacebar can handle leveling another toon.
Testament - Outer Rim Cartel

Ituhata
02.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #8
I felt the story became strong or weak depending on my response. On my inquisitor I had a sudden shift in how I reacted at the end to what was the norm, and I felt it ruined what was a pretty decent character story and wrapped up with a retarded m night shyamalan character twist where I suddenly grew a heart or learned to respect my elders. Then the final meeting with my companions I completely detoured from character and when it was done, I was dissapointed with myself.

There were times I felt the story suffered from other choices I made earlier in the story that I intended to go back and redo later.

PeacefulViolence
02.06.2012 , 04:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Anxxxiety View Post
I don't think my spacebar can handle leveling another toon.
Hit the nail on the head. The more i think about it, it seems like Bioware made this for the casual audience.

Andryah
02.06.2012 , 04:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
The only selling point for this game IS the story. That's it. Every single other facet of SWTOR is a failure, and they just failed at the ending?

Why would Daniel Erickson allow this? People are supposed to be excited to level another toon. People honestly got to their ending of their character, and decided to level another toon? Why?!?
You talk like this is an fps shooter, rather then an MMO that will evolve and bring new features and content into it over time.

Oh, and not everyone agrees with your assessment. I would be one of them.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.