Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Maul Returns?

AetosV
02.06.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1
I was just bumming around on Wookieepedia, and I saw that Darth Maul will be returning in the animated "The Clone Wars", and that he did not, in fact, die at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is it just me, or is the Star Wars universe beginning to go downhill?

Merely a thought.

BrandonSM
02.06.2012 , 04:23 PM | #2
Maul has been brought back before.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Kanharn
02.06.2012 , 04:30 PM | #3
Clone wars cartoon is sort cannon and does not fit into official lore.
Leader of The Alliance Union, Pre-launch Guild, Bloodworthy EU.

BrandonSM
02.06.2012 , 04:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
Clone wars cartoon is sort cannon and does not fit into official lore.
Yes it does... its official Canon. In fact, its G-Canon.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Serosen
02.06.2012 , 04:50 PM | #5
I kind of like that they're doing something with Darth Maul. He didn't get enough face time in the movie.

JDTC
02.06.2012 , 04:54 PM | #6
it used to be said that when you saw someone get cut in half and thrown down a mine shaft on screen, you knew that the character died.

not if you are george lucas.
i support powertech

Gomla
02.06.2012 , 05:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JDTC View Post
it used to be said that when you saw someone get cut in half and thrown down a mine shaft on screen, you knew that the character died.
Nothing a bit of superglue and a safety pin can't fix.

The miracles of medicine found in your local hardware store .... enough to fix up even the hardiest of split in half Sith.

SNCommand
02.06.2012 , 05:30 PM | #8
I hope it's a trick by Mother Talzin as a way of challenging Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

MarkaRagno
02.06.2012 , 05:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AetosV View Post
I was just bumming around on Wookieepedia, and I saw that Darth Maul will be returning in the animated "The Clone Wars", and that he did not, in fact, die at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is it just me, or is the Star Wars universe beginning to go downhill?

Merely a thought.

As far as I remember Darth Maul has been cloned similar to how Palpatine appears again around 10-11 ABY and the way that Star-killer got cloned. That would be my explanation but I am not sure.. Long time since I read lore.
"Giving President Obama a Nobel Peace Price would be like giving someone an Oscar in the hope that it will encourage them to make a descent motion picture" - Christopher Hitchens.

Kelfred
02.06.2012 , 07:56 PM | #10
Its only a flesh wound, I've suffered worse.