Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Tricks, Hints, and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone Tricks, Hints, and Tips

pinkfreudHC
02.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #21
For Alderaan and Voidstar, if you are on Defense/Defending a node use DoTs on the attackers. Unlike most games where only the initial tick of a DoT interrupts capping a node, in this game each tick of your DoT interrupts capping. This means you can DoT a handful of players and ensure that none of them will be able to cap for a good number of seconds, even if they kill you. On Alderaan if you have a sufficiently long DoT you can solo defend a side turret by using DoTs and the fastest speeder route.

_Hibbs
02.07.2012 , 01:16 PM | #22
Nice thread! Thanks for all the helpful tips.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Twin Spears | Peacekeeper | International

Moddim
02.07.2012 , 01:29 PM | #23
In case someone hasn't said it yet.

In HuttBall if you throw the ball on an empty part of ground the ball resets back to middle, this is VERY useful if the enemy has a zerg in your Nzone and you just killed the ball carrier and received the ball. The amount of people who don't know this and instead try to run the ball with an entire enemy zerg on them from their Nzone to the enemies is amazing.

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 01:52 PM | #24
Lots of additions, this is good.

Give me a lil to get them updated.

Also I don't know how to request a sticky, anybody have any ideas?

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 01:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Vewdo View Post
Maybe im reaching a bit here. But a lot of these strategies further validate the fact that the Shadow/ Sorc classes have far to many abilities at their disposal. A lot of these strategies cant be done by other classes.

but thank you for the very informative information
I don't disagree with you per se, but there are existing threads that talk about the versatility of consulars/inquisitors vs other classes in Huttball already and I'd rather keep any debates about balance to other threads.

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 01:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
In Voidstar if you are a healer you can hide inside the door, a little to the right of where the attackers plant their bomb. Melee and ranged won't be able to target you with direct attacks.
This seems like it could be an exploit and I'd rather not risk getting the thread closed due to posting an exploit.

Sarlin
02.07.2012 , 02:10 PM | #27
You're missing two very good tricks in Voidstar. I may even regret revealing these:

Consulars/Inquisitors can force speed across the gap in the middle of Voidstar. This nearly always gets the jump on the other team if no bridge is up, plus you can grab the speed powerup at the other side to arm the wall faster. Two of these classes being stealth classes is just further icing on this trick (not sure if it can be done while stealth, the jump isn't easy).

Classes with pulls (Powertech/Vanguard and tank specced Shadows/Assassins) can pull people to their doom at the bridges in Voidstar. To do this, jump diagonally over the pit and pull someone. They will be pulled to your position (mid air over the gap) and fall to their death. This is very difficult to do, but nets a free kill if you can "pull" it off.

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 02:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlin View Post
You're missing two very good tricks in Voidstar. I may even regret revealing these:

Consulars/Inquisitors can force speed across the gap in the middle of Voidstar. This nearly always gets the jump on the other team if no bridge is up, plus you can grab the speed powerup at the other side to arm the wall faster. Two of these classes being stealth classes is just further icing on this trick (not sure if it can be done while stealth, the jump isn't easy).

Classes with pulls (Powertech/Vanguard and tank specced Shadows/Assassins) can pull people to their doom at the bridges in Voidstar. To do this, jump diagonally over the pit and pull someone. They will be pulled to your position (mid air over the gap) and fall to their death. This is very difficult to do, but nets a free kill if you can "pull" it off.
The second one was said. That first one is amazing, I'm a shadow and had no idea. I'm glad I made this thread now cause now I'm learning a lot haha.

Thanks for the tips, that is definitely juicy information you let the community know.

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 02:19 PM | #29
Updates are in, keep them coming.

I guess can I request a sticky or something from a moderator? Is that even possible?

Delavager
02.07.2012 , 03:05 PM | #30
Bump for break from the Ilum issues