Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Tricks, Hints, and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone Tricks, Hints, and Tips

Missionzero
03.01.2012 , 07:23 PM | #101
ty for the tips!

xJeTsTaRx
03.03.2012 , 02:53 AM | #102
at first i was like ehH nothing new.

Then i seen, jump onto ledge in huttball without using the air vents!!! WOOOT that is fkinn awesome ty.

cakewire
03.03.2012 , 11:22 AM | #103
There are a few little basic things that I didn't see.

For beginners, know that huttball provides no heads-up on the addition of the Pass Huttball skill, and this should be mapped conveniently by the player prior to match start. Saves them much grief and their team, as well.

Also, some little things. Every player class with any friendly abilities that must be targeted should know that CTRL-TAB targets your friendlies in the same way that TAB targets your enemies. Some beginning players may not know this immediately.

In addition, Mercs who have spec'd Arsenal will have two knockbacks, as Rocket Punch gets a knockback addition when points are applied. Very useful for Huttball and Voidstar, if someone got lucky and caught the edge after a Jetpack.

Magyarian
03.03.2012 , 03:37 PM | #104
Good stuff

xDJFx
03.04.2012 , 02:57 PM | #105
Didn't see this one in the original post for Voidstar:

When the enemy are capping the bridges and you're on defense and have died and are waiting for the bridges to cap: You can hit the cappers with death field. I assume this works for any other range aoe as well. If you're really good, you can even get cappers who are on the other side of the pillar trying to cap. If you are super coordinated, and with enough sorcerers doing it, it's basically impossible for them to ever cap those bridges.

Morticoccus
03.04.2012 , 09:36 PM | #106
Don't know if anyone has posted this before but:

Force leap *interrupts* when you hit, for this reason you should always try to get use out of this when attacking any class that has channeled abilities.

This is common sense but:

Always try to attack an enemy by simply running up to him if you are playing sentinel or marauder, rather than using leap/charge, for the reason given above AND because leap is much more useful as a gap closer if you get knocked back or slowed.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

AetherMcLoud
03.05.2012 , 05:58 AM | #107
Even with force speed I can never get the jump on huttball. Is that still working? The ledges seem way higher ingame than they do in the video.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

iLLaDeLpHLife
03.05.2012 , 11:08 AM | #108
Nothing really here for experienced pvpers but still a nice guide for anyone new tothe exscind

+1

Delavager
03.05.2012 , 12:46 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
Even with force speed I can never get the jump on huttball. Is that still working? The ledges seem way higher ingame than they do in the video.
I've noticed this as well, I'm not sure if it's still working.
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!

Delavager
03.05.2012 , 12:46 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by cakewire View Post
There are a few little basic things that I didn't see.

For beginners, know that huttball provides no heads-up on the addition of the Pass Huttball skill, and this should be mapped conveniently by the player prior to match start. Saves them much grief and their team, as well.

Also, some little things. Every player class with any friendly abilities that must be targeted should know that CTRL-TAB targets your friendlies in the same way that TAB targets your enemies. Some beginning players may not know this immediately.

In addition, Mercs who have spec'd Arsenal will have two knockbacks, as Rocket Punch gets a knockback addition when points are applied. Very useful for Huttball and Voidstar, if someone got lucky and caught the edge after a Jetpack.
A lot of those are covered in the Huttball 101 sticky that's referenced in the guide. I did not want to duplicate work already done well.
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!