Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

BrandonSM
02.17.2012 , 09:23 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
If its no contest and its Luke...because the books say so...then please point out the passage to me where it says that Luke CREATED LIFE with the force...oh wait he couldnt, but someone else could...not to metion a certain someone that could drain all life on an entire planet with the force.

Luke was a chump compared to the big boys.
Hmm? Plageuis could do that but he has no impressive feats besides being super smart.

Luke has... created a blackhole, absorbed AT-AT fire, is the best duelist, can teleport objects, can do lightning and so much more, He is canonically the most powerful Force User ever.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Raizekage
02.17.2012 , 09:28 PM | #72
I have a question. What books do I have to read in order to learn how awesome Luke is?

BrandonSM
02.17.2012 , 09:29 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Raizekage View Post
I have a question. What books do I have to read in order to learn how awesome Luke is?
Hmm, just about everything Post-ROTJ with Jedi. But I'd go with FOTJ its when he begins to the intense of the intense.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Raizekage
02.17.2012 , 09:35 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Hmm, just about everything Post-ROTJ with Jedi. But I'd go with FOTJ its when he begins to the intense of the intense.
I'm a n00b at Star Wars stories. How can I tell if something is Post-ROTJ. Also I don't know what FOTJ is.

gregordunbar
02.17.2012 , 09:47 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Aloro View Post
Luke had more raw power than any other Force user; that's G-canon (i.e. Lucas himself has said it; there's no arguing it).

Snip

There's nothing to debate.
The quote by Lucas was from 1988 and in it he says the Palpatine wanted to replace Vader with Luke because Luke was more powerful.

1988 is not today, it was before most of the novels and games that make up the EU AND it was only his reason why Palpatine wanted him at the TIME in the MOVIE. Vader was OLD and mostly machine by then.

Looks like there is something to debate, namely why you must take things out of context to attempt to sound correct...

BrandonSM
02.17.2012 , 09:58 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
The quote by Lucas was from 1988 and in it he says the Palpatine wanted to replace Vader with Luke because Luke was more powerful.

1988 is not today, it was before most of the novels and games that make up the EU AND it was only his reason why Palpatine wanted him at the TIME in the MOVIE. Vader was OLD and mostly machine by then.

Looks like there is something to debate, namely why you must take things out of context to attempt to sound correct...
Name one besides Abeloth that would stand a chance against Luke.

gregordunbar
02.17.2012 , 10:17 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Hmm? Plageuis could do that but he has no impressive feats besides being super smart.

Luke has... created a blackhole, absorbed AT-AT fire, is the best duelist, can teleport objects, can do lightning and so much more, He is canonically the most powerful Force User ever.
The problem here is people dont seem to know what the word POWER means.

Dueling with a lightsaber has nothing to do with power, that is skill.
Absorbing blaster fire is a SKILL.
Lightning is a SKILL and many NON powerful force users could do it.

Cutting a person off from the force like Nomi Sunrider...that is a power.

There is no greater power than the power to CREATE LIFE OUT OF NOTHING!

Anakin Skywalker was created out of nothing and the only person that could do that is the person that trained the most powerful Sith there has ever been.

Anakin and Thus Luke gained their abilities by the most powerful force user in history, Hego Damask. They are HIS creation.

Its simple.

1 man is responsible for not only the single most power sith in history but also the entire Skywalker line of force users who could only do what they could do because of the one that created them.

Deal with it.

DeltaEkotte
02.17.2012 , 10:32 PM | #78
In terms of control over the force my vote goes to Revan for survive as the Emperors prisoner for 300 years.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist; E-Chimaera

gregordunbar
02.17.2012 , 10:45 PM | #79
Oh and to those that want to keep bringing up George Lucas quotes as proof Luke is the most powerful...

"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story." ~ George Lucas

According to Lucas, nothing that happens after Return of the Jedi in the novels means a thing. There is no story, thus Luke never becomes powerful in any real way. Anakin is THE CHOSEN one, he is the most powerful Jedi ever...and he, according to Lucas, was created by another force user.

George says it,

Deal...with...it.

Darth_Malevolent
02.17.2012 , 11:03 PM | #80
Comparitive to how quickly Luke learns all these abilities after ROTJ, comparitive to lets say Yoda who lived centuries..... does any of it seems like reasonable margins they would become so powerful in such short of a time? And having them do unreasonable things while it seems unlikely their film counterparts were anywhere near that level? And with all the adventures they're having in the novels.... when did Luke find the time to train while he was creating the New Jedi Order? When did Sidious ever show a desire to train Darth Vader in the OT being a half cyborg disappointment he always had the intention of replacing...? And would we really put emphasis on words spoken by a man who is constantly changing events to worse and even worse? A man who had admitted in interviews he's not a good director, nor a good writer?.... >_> eh..... whatever
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one