Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

krayzjoel
11.26.2012 , 02:35 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Jacen was no match for his Uncle, Luke Skywalker. Yes, he was very powerful, but Luke was more so. He also got lucky in Killing Mara. She was owning him in their fight. He won, not with Force powers or lightsaber skill, but by jabbing a poison dart into her leg. One in which he didn't even remove to safety cap but yet managed to push the tip through the cap. It really was a poorly written death for Mara. The fight also did not prove anything about how powerful a Force user he was at that point. Nott a good example.

Luke, Jacen, Jaina and even Anakin Solo are more powerful than Anakin Skywalker, or were destined to be. Had Anakin survived the Yuuzhan Vong war he would have been more powerful than Jacen at any point. I am a huge fan of Mara Jade and the Solo kids, but Luke is by far the greatest Force user. Jacen was powerful, but his sister, Jaina, was equally as powerful, not to mention a better pilot and saber duelist.

Jacen is in the top ten, but not number one. As much as I want her to be, Jaina is not number one either. Luke is. I'd list Ben as being up there but we have yet to see how powerful the son of Luke and mara becomes.
Good Stuff! I also went by smarts also not just 'force power". Jacen was one smart cookie in several situations especialy his climb to power. Luke did use the force againt him as he couldnt tell if he was fighting his sister or Luke himself.

Skodan
11.26.2012 , 02:38 PM | #222
dumbledore is the greatest wiz...

oh woops wrong universe.

i always liked bastilla
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Kilikaa
11.26.2012 , 02:50 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by krayzjoel View Post
Good Stuff! I also went by smarts also not just 'force power". Jacen was one smart cookie in several situations especialy his climb to power. Luke did use the force againt him as he couldnt tell if he was fighting his sister or Luke himself.
Don't get me wrong, Jacen was a brillant man. But he also became way overconfident and even began to abuse his authority. He also let his anger blind him to the fact that the first time he fought Jaina he thought it was Luke. Not one of his smarter moments, lol. I guess you could say that he had become very paranoid by then, since he was being fooled by Luke everytime Luke got near him.

As you said, he had some absolutely brilliant moments in his rise to power. Unfortunately he also had some stupid moments. Having Tahiri kill Pellaeon was one of them. I loved Jacen and thought he would make a great villian. He had great moments of brilliance and luck, followed by some blunders. I had hoped he would somehow live and be a force to reckon with later on. It saddened me when he died. Not the fact he was killed, but that it was at the hands of his sister. The Solo twins are two of my favorite characters ever in Star Wars.

LordCJK
11.27.2012 , 02:12 AM | #224
Quote:
hmmmm. The novel seems to imply that Vitiate simply received a title from Ragnos and then went to rule his planet.

I don't really want to engage in this debate, but I 'd like to point it out that the Revan novel seems to indicate that Vitiate is more poweful then Ragnos.
Perhaps... I just checked it, and you are right.So it's going that this guy never had master? Maybe, he used some Siths on Nathema to get knowledge but they weren't masters...Interesting.
Vitiate is more powerful than Ragnos? Can you continue this? It's very interesting topic for me, because i doubt who is stronger of them even if Ragnos is higher in my list.
Quote:
Where's Soa?
Well, this guy is pretty powerful. But it's hard to estimate his power.

Kaile
11.27.2012 , 02:36 AM | #225
Cade Skywalker.

Sobai
11.27.2012 , 05:39 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
Me

In all seriousness, those encyclopedias are hardly a source as most only take the films into accounts.

Its probably either the Sith Emperor (who I personally think is Palpatine as the Emperor is immortal age-wise)...
Spoiler

or Luke later on in the novels at his prime
or Darth Plagius (don't even go there with the whole killed in his sleep thing...he was sleeping...doesn't count)
or maybe even some of the original Rakata.
It's established in source material that a: Vitiate does die, around 3000 years after TOR is set and b: We have source material for Palpatine from birth onwards.
Relyn - Jedi Sentinel (50), Gorii - Commando (31)
Sobai - Sith Juggernaut (50), Zarial - Sith Sorcerer (35)

The Red Eclipse EU | <RMW> | <Senate Special Order>

SoranPanoko
11.27.2012 , 06:07 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Sobai View Post
It's established in source material that a: Vitiate does die, around 3000 years after TOR is set and b: We have source material for Palpatine from birth onwards.
The only source we have say, Plaigus belive hes dead (he told that hes dead, but we dont know if he's right)... that doesnt mean anything, maybe he doesnt know that he surived the battle with JK or whatever. They could bring him back after ROTJ (but i dont thiink so)

MasterMe
11.27.2012 , 07:23 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCJK View Post
Perhaps... I just checked it, and you are right.So it's going that this guy never had master? Maybe, he used some Siths on Nathema to get knowledge but they weren't masters...Interesting.
Vitiate is more powerful than Ragnos? Can you continue this? It's very interesting topic for me, because i doubt who is stronger of them even if Ragnos is higher in my list.

Well, this guy is pretty powerful. But it's hard to estimate his power.
Can I continue? Not exactly. There isn't really any canon to say exactly who's stronger.

I'm guessing that Vitiate is more poweful simply because the age at which he was reckognized for his power. Also, I'm making this guess based on how I would write the story. If you're a good writer, then you will wait and kill the biggest and baddest badguy off until the end (usually that's the case). So with that in mind, I imagine that Vitiate would be more poweful. But yeah... it's just a guess. No canon here.

Ventessel
12.10.2012 , 06:41 AM | #229
Shotgonius mentioned the Rakata. They built the Infinite Empire, and the Star Forge, and no one has ever faced one down. Their power is unknown, but the artifacts of their Empire clearly indicate a terrifying mastery of the Force. I would say that they were probably the most powerful Force users, since it seemed that they were born into more Force potential than any other species, and their entire technological base relied on Force usage.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Aurbere
12.10.2012 , 11:52 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Shotgonius mentioned the Rakata. They built the Infinite Empire, and the Star Forge, and no one has ever faced one down. Their power is unknown, but the artifacts of their Empire clearly indicate a terrifying mastery of the Force. I would say that they were probably the most powerful Force users, since it seemed that they were born into more Force potential than any other species, and their entire technological base relied on Force usage.
King Adas and the old Sith defeated a Rakata invasion...
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus