Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

RTCBrad's Avatar


RTCBrad
11.26.2012 , 06:55 AM | #211
Luke is the most powerful by miles. Wayyyyyyyyyy more powerful than Palps.

Vitiate would quake in fear at the sight of Luke Skywalker.

Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
World War Hulk was never beaten, he got to stalemate with the Sentry. World War Hulk is Hulk at his strongest and
most powerful. He practically beat all of the Avengers most of the X-Men.
I know my Hulk, and he is indestructible if he reaches World War Level.


Yeah, this isn't off topic. :P
And meh Hulk is nothing next to Pheonix.

Inzuher's Avatar


Inzuher
11.26.2012 , 08:25 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCJK View Post
There were many sources, not only Lucas' word.
Vitiate probably almost equal with Sidious, but a bit weaker...
But Nihilus...
This guy is really overrated. I know that his Force drain is very impressive but Palpatine and Vitiate could destory planets with Force too.Among this, they had uncountable list of abilities...I'm not sure if Nihilus can even resist mind tricks of these guys...
Yeah Vitate was able to drain a whole planet, and subsequently come up with a way to expand the ritual to contain the whole galaxy. Furthermore, he drained the power of thousands of siths, so he should dam well be more powerful than Palpatine or something is wrong.

Palpatine destroy planets? Wait what? Force Storm was his must powerful abillity and as powerful as it was it didn't destroy planets. Besides if he could then why the hell would he need a death star, he was just lazy? Now I've read a lot of the expanded universe and I've especially focused on siths, and I havnt seen that mentioned or performed anywhere.

Many sources you say? Well please share. The only argument I've heard of how Plapatine should be more powerful than Vitate is different people and pages saying that he is the must powerful sith ever... Well sorry to say so but those guys need glasses, because out from an objective observation I can tell you that is not true.

- Besides many of the sources saying Palpatine is the most powerful is outdated materiel, whihc originats before swtor and Vitate was pressented. -

I'm not over estimating Nihilus he is a black hole in person. The only reason he was defeated was because he attempted to drain a wound in the force and that someone exploided a force bound he had.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

LordCJK's Avatar


LordCJK
11.26.2012 , 08:41 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by SoranPanoko View Post
he was never Vitiates master. He just give him the Lord title and Vitiate go back to his planet. No chance he ever give him a lesson or something ...
I dunno. This thing isn't clear enough to say with absolute sureness.But i like the theory where Ragnos teaches Vitiate.
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Yeah Vitate was able to drain a whole planet, and subsequently come up with a way to expand the ritual to contain the whole galaxy. Furthermore, he drained the power of thousands of siths, so he should dam well be more powerful than Palpatine or something is wrong.

Palpatine destroy planets? Wait what? Force Storm was his must powerful abillity and as powerful as it was it didn't destroy planets. Besides if he could then why the hell would he need a death star, he was just lazy? Now I've read a lot of the expanded universe and I've especially focused on siths, and I havnt seen that mentioned or performed anywhere.

Many sources you say? Well please share. The only argument I've heard of how Plapatine should be more powerful than Vitate is different people and pages saying that he is the must powerful sith ever... Well sorry to say so but those guys need glasses, because out from an objective observation I can tell you that is not true.

- Besides many of the sources saying Palpatine is the most powerful is outdated materiel, whihc originats before swtor and Vitate was pressented. -

I'm not over estimating Nihilus he is a black hole in person. The only reason he was defeated was because he attempted to drain a wound in the force and that someone exploided a force bound he had.
There are really many sources i can only give you this, recommend first 5 pages.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=139297
What about planets...It's able to destroy surfaces, yes, but nor Vitiate nor Nihilus wasn't able to destory whole planets, they absorbed life, so can Palpatine destroy population of planet with wormhole? Yes, he can.
Death Star is more powerful and it was the symbol of fear, not really weapon.I don't think Force storm would be a good symbol of fear if anyone even didn't believe in Force...
Palpatine knew everything about Dark Side, he had knowledge none ever had(in sum), and the only problem that it wasn't demonstrated in films...But it was stated in EU.
About Nihilus. Do you really think that powerful Jedi or Sith from top 10 couldn't resist his Force drain without wound in the force?

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.26.2012 , 09:06 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCJK View Post
I dunno. This thing isn't clear enough to say with absolute sureness.But i like the theory where Ragnos teaches Vitiate.

There are really many sources i can only give you this, recommend first 5 pages.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=139297
What about planets...It's able to destroy surfaces, yes, but nor Vitiate nor Nihilus wasn't able to destory whole planets, they absorbed life, so can Palpatine destroy population of planet with wormhole? Yes, he can.
Death Star is more powerful and it was the symbol of fear, not really weapon.I don't think Force storm would be a good symbol of fear if anyone even didn't believe in Force...
Palpatine knew everything about Dark Side, he had knowledge none ever had(in sum), and the only problem that it wasn't demonstrated in films...But it was stated in EU.
About Nihilus. Do you really think that powerful Jedi or Sith from top 10 couldn't resist his Force drain without wound in the force?
Palpatine had something neither Vitiate or Nihilus had , a future to them with the ability to research them and all around them for their abilities and skills and perfect on them .
We do not know Nihilus skills or abilities before he was a Sithlord , he might have been pretty powerful even before then . Maybe he learned Force Sever as a Jedi , we do not know .............
Yea to Palpatine who is 4000years the future of Nihilus's time , Palpatine is way more powerful but you could debat that credit to what Palpatine knew came from Sithlords like Vitiate and Nihilus , more than likely because Vitiate was the Sith Emperor of his time and possibly the most powerful of his time , it is likely that Palpatine payed alot of attention to all things Vitiate. We know Palpatine came from the line of Bane , who credited Revan for what he knew .
It just happens as in live Skills are perfected on as each Generation Passes , that just how things work.

So if we are saying EU matters..........than it is likely that without Sithlords like Nihilus and Vitiate, it is possible alot of Palpatine's Force abilities would not have been there ...........if we are saying EU matters .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 09:12 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCJK View Post
I dunno. This thing isn't clear enough to say with absolute sureness.But i like the theory where Ragnos teaches Vitiate.

There are really many sources i can only give you this, recommend first 5 pages.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=139297
What about planets...It's able to destroy surfaces, yes, but nor Vitiate nor Nihilus wasn't able to destory whole planets, they absorbed life, so can Palpatine destroy population of planet with wormhole? Yes, he can.
Death Star is more powerful and it was the symbol of fear, not really weapon.I don't think Force storm would be a good symbol of fear if anyone even didn't believe in Force...
Palpatine knew everything about Dark Side, he had knowledge none ever had(in sum), and the only problem that it wasn't demonstrated in films...But it was stated in EU.
About Nihilus. Do you really think that powerful Jedi or Sith from top 10 couldn't resist his Force drain without wound in the force?
hmmmm. The novel seems to imply that Vitiate simply received a title from Ragnos and then went to rule his planet.

I don't really want to engage in this debate, but I 'd like to point it out that the Revan novel seems to indicate that Vitiate is more poweful then Ragnos.

SoranPanoko's Avatar


SoranPanoko
11.26.2012 , 09:33 AM | #216
Quote:
I dunno. This thing isn't clear enough to say with absolute sureness.But i like the theory where Ragnos teaches Vitiate.
In the novel it was say he got the title and went back o home ... how Ragnos should teach him when they are on other planets ... that dont make sense. There isn't any chance that he could teach Vitiate anything.

It's very clear Ragnos didn't teach Vitiate anything.

krayzjoel's Avatar


krayzjoel
11.26.2012 , 02:09 PM | #217
Im gonna go out on a limb and say JACEN SOLO.
Not only did he become the "2nd Emporer" but he managed to hide his nature from the jedi order. Killed his Aunt Mara Jade in a duel. She was no Slouch. Ive also read couple articles and comparisons that he was far more powerful than his grandfather Anakin Skywalker.

Journeyer's Avatar


Journeyer
11.26.2012 , 02:20 PM | #218
Where's Soa?
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Journeyer's Avatar


Journeyer
11.26.2012 , 02:24 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by krayzjoel View Post
Ive also read couple articles and comparisons that he was far more powerful than his grandfather Anakin Skywalker.
Hmrm, hard to compare directly to Anakin. In the books, he was basically trolled by Luke into looking like a moron in front of all of his forces. Then, tricked into thinking he killed Luke. Then, tricked into thinking his sister was Luke. The order of the One Sith just left him alone because they felt like he was an amusing distraction.

We've yet to see that level of pwnage of Anakin--the Masters were all wary of his power, on both sides.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
11.26.2012 , 02:28 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by krayzjoel View Post
Im gonna go out on a limb and say JACEN SOLO.
Not only did he become the "2nd Emporer" but he managed to hide his nature from the jedi order. Killed his Aunt Mara Jade in a duel. She was no Slouch. Ive also read couple articles and comparisons that he was far more powerful than his grandfather Anakin Skywalker.
Jacen was no match for his Uncle, Luke Skywalker. Yes, he was very powerful, but Luke was more so. He also got lucky in Killing Mara. She was owning him in their fight. He won, not with Force powers or lightsaber skill, but by jabbing a poison dart into her leg. One in which he didn't even remove to safety cap but yet managed to push the tip through the cap. It really was a poorly written death for Mara. The fight also did not prove anything about how powerful a Force user he was at that point. Nott a good example.

Luke, Jacen, Jaina and even Anakin Solo are more powerful than Anakin Skywalker, or were destined to be. Had Anakin survived the Yuuzhan Vong war he would have been more powerful than Jacen at any point. I am a huge fan of Mara Jade and the Solo kids, but Luke is by far the greatest Force user. Jacen was powerful, but his sister, Jaina, was equally as powerful, not to mention a better pilot and saber duelist.

Jacen is in the top ten, but not number one. As much as I want her to be, Jaina is not number one either. Luke is. I'd list Ben as being up there but we have yet to see how powerful the son of Luke and Mara becomes.