Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

Newyankalt
10.19.2012 , 03:36 PM | #141
Revan is the greatest force user of all time.

Rayla_Felana
10.19.2012 , 03:40 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Okay, so my new list of the Greatest Force Users of All Time would be:

1. Abeloth
2. The Son
3. The Daughter
4. The Father

EDIT: Some other people who could be on this list: Nomri Sunrider? I know next to nothing about her but I know she was Thon's padawan, pupil surpassing the master? Also Galen Marek AKA Starkiller. People forget that he defeated both Darth Vader and the Emperor, does this make him stronger than both of them? Or at least up their in the top 10?
None of the beings in that list are force users, they ARE the force.

Also, Galen marek did not beat both Vader and the Emperor he defeated a completely disinterested Vader and barely managed to hold off against SIdious till the Rebels got out, a Sidious who had no interest at all in killing Marek, he instead hoped to turn him to the Dark Side and use him as Vader's replacement, he still ended up dead.

Rayla_Felana
10.19.2012 , 03:40 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
Revan is not even close, Nuff said.
You are correct.

Newyankalt
10.19.2012 , 03:49 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Revan is the best force user.
Thanks I agree.

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 03:52 PM | #145
Revan sucks.
Can't argue with that.

See I can do it too.
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 03:55 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
None of the beings in that list are force users, they ARE the force.

Also, Galen marek did not beat both Vader and the Emperor he defeated a completely disinterested Vader and barely managed to hold off against SIdious till the Rebels got out, a Sidious who had no interest at all in killing Marek, he instead hoped to turn him to the Dark Side and use him as Vader's replacement, he still ended up dead.
There not 'the Force', otherwise Anakin would have destroyed the force and wiped out all life in the galaxy (and possibly the universe) by killing them (apart from Abeloth). They are, as Wookiepedia says, "exceptionally powerful force wielders'. Force wielders is actually a canon term for their species.

As for the whole Galen Marek thing, is "disinterested" the right word? Would you be "disinterested" if some upstart apprentice was slamming massive metal tubes into your face and generally owning you? The fact that the darkside choice was to kill him indicates he was more powerful than Vader (also the fact that Sidious wanted him as he apprentice)

As for the second part, your right of course. the Emperor had no intention of killing him, and probably allowed himself to be defeated. Even so, holding out against even a fraction of his power is pretty exceptional, and in the end he held of his full abilities in time for the Rebels to escape. We can't dismiss him as weak, but I don't know if he's up their with Exar Kun and Thon.

Captain_Zone
10.19.2012 , 04:00 PM | #147
Two words.
Kyle.
Katarn.

'Nuff said.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 04:01 PM | #148
Revan is the greatest force user of all time.
Oh Lord, another Revanite. I'm afraid Revan is not the greatest force user of all time - far from it. He doesn't even make the top 10.

Revan was defeated in a straight up, no nonsense, no tricks, no strings attached duel with the Vitiate. He was about to be struck down with his own lightsaber in a ceremonious display of his ultimate failure, when Meetra Surik intervened. The result? Revan was still defeated. Revan came back, what happened? He was defeated this time by a bunch of random heroes from the Empire.

Admittedly though, Revan is powerful. I would consider him as a candidate for 9 or 10 in my list, he would advance no further.

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:02 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Two words.
Kyle.
Katarn.

'Nuff said.
Given his Beard I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. lol

Beard Power FTW!
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:05 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh Lord, another Revanite. I'm afraid Revan is not the greatest force user of all time - far from it. He doesn't even make the top 10.

Revan was defeated in a straight up, no nonsense, no tricks, no strings attached duel with the Vitiate. He was about to be struck down with his own lightsaber in a ceremonious display of his ultimate failure, when Meetra Surik intervened. The result? Revan was still defeated. Revan came back, what happened? He was defeated this time by a bunch of random heroes from the Empire.

Admittedly though, Revan is powerful. I would consider him as a candidate for 9 or 10 in my list, he would advance no further.
On a list of most powerful Sith, Revan would get around 15. Maybe squeak into the twelfth spot. Not a canon assement, but considering all of the great Sith Darth Revan wouldn't get too high. I would actually put Malgus higher up, given his track record.