Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 12:19 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Put Abeloth above Sidious. She's far more powerful in my opinion, seeing as how it takes a full powered Luke to defeat her.
Did it not take a fully powered Luke to defeat Sidious? And for your above point, yes Luke could use the Dagger to kill the Ones, but that would be cheating. Its like saying Sidious could have used the Death Star to blow up Luke (like to see him defend against that), instant kill weapons are banned

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 12:24 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Did it not take a fully powered Luke to defeat Sidious? And for your above point, yes Luke could use the Dagger to kill the Ones, but that would be cheating. Its like saying Sidious could have used the Death Star to blow up Luke (like to see him defend against that), instant kill weapons are banned
Luke was about even with Sidious at the time, but prime Luke is double what Sidious' prime is.

Death Star vs. Luke... Planet blows up. I think we missed, my lord.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Rayla_Felana
10.19.2012 , 12:36 PM | #133
Luke was about even with Sidious at the time, but prime Luke is double what Sidious' prime is.
Actually the Sidious they are referring to is ROTJ, Lucas said that Anakin had the potential to be twice as powerful as the Emperor(Referring to the films), Reborn Palpatine is about 75% of GM Luke Skywalker.

Rayla_Felana
10.19.2012 , 12:38 PM | #134
Put Abeloth above Sidious. She's far more powerful in my opinion, seeing as how it takes a full powered Luke to defeat her.
Abeloth is thirteen times more powerful than Grand master Skywalker, Luke said it himself.

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 12:42 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Abeloth is thirteen times more powerful than Grand master Skywalker, Luke said it himself.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Actually the Sidious they are referring to is ROTJ, Lucas said that Anakin had the potential to be twice as powerful as the Emperor(Referring to the films), Reborn Palpatine is about 75% of GM Luke Skywalker.
Really? Well the fact remains that Abeloth is more powerful than Sidious. So the only way to stop Abeloth is with the Dagger? That's not good.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

BrandonSM
10.19.2012 , 12:50 PM | #136
Really? Well the fact remains that Abeloth is more powerful than Sidious. So the only way to stop Abeloth is with the Dagger? That's not good.
Luke is the most powerful Mortal.

Abeloth is pretty much a Dark Side God...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 12:53 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Luke is the most powerful Mortal.

Abeloth is pretty much a Dark Side God...
It sucks that the only thing that can beat Luke is a God. I've always found those stories to be a bit lame. I would have preferred a mortal that could go toe-to-toe with him. But I guess it is rather epic if you look at it that way. Only a God can beat him and all that.

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 02:09 PM | #138
Well if we agree that Luke is not as powerful as the Ones, then who is the most powerful one? the Father, the Son, the Daughter or the Mother? (Abeloth) - ultimate family face off!

I say the Son, purely because he is the embodiment of the darkside and Abeloth is just a powerful immortal. She was also beaten by Luke, although in human form.

EDIT: Just realised something, the Son drank from the Font of Power which gave him the power of the dark side. And the Daughter bathed in the Pool of Knowledge which gave her the power of the light (definitely an Garden of Eden reference here). But Abeloth drank from the Font and bathed in the Pool, which seems to imply she has the power of both of them combined... unless the intermingling/her not being originally immortal weakened her power somewhat

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 03:13 PM | #139
Well if we agree that Luke is not as powerful as the Ones, then who is the most powerful one? the Father, the Son, the Daughter or the Mother? (Abeloth) - ultimate family face off!

I say the Son, purely because he is the embodiment of the darkside and Abeloth is just a powerful immortal. She was also beaten by Luke, although in human form.

EDIT: Just realised something, the Son drank from the Font of Power which gave him the power of the dark side. And the Daughter bathed in the Pool of Knowledge which gave her the power of the light (definitely an Garden of Eden reference here). But Abeloth drank from the Font and bathed in the Pool, which seems to imply she has the power of both of them combined... unless the intermingling/her not being originally immortal weakened her power somewhat
I think Abeloth would be the most powerful. Since she did do the whole font and pool thing she most likely got benefits from both. Which would mean that she is more powerful than the Son and Daughter. Probably more powerful than the Father. Again, I don't know much about the Ones so this is my opinion.

I actually did notice a sort of Garden of Eden thing going on here. It's plausible since Lucas has drawn inspiration from pretty much every religion for Star Wars. And given that he is a Methodist and all that.

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 03:30 PM | #140
Beneath him? My list would look like this:
2. the Daughter
Embodiment of the lightside of the force, immortal etc. Only reason she is below the Son is because I believe the dark side to be stronger than the light in its purest form
3. the Father
Presided over the Daughter and the Son and controlled them, orginally he was more powerful than them but age made him weaker and they became stronger.
4. Luke Skywalker
Canonically the most powerful Jedi in existence, had tons of powers and abilites that have already being discussed at length already. In his prime he defeated Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith lord in existence.
5. Darth Sidious
Canonically the greatest Sith lord who ever lived (lol, only gets him spot No.5 - gotta try harder Sidious) Pretty much a master of every aspect of the Dark Side, and you can't argue with G-Canon
6. Darth Nihilus
A living black hole, and we all know how difficult it is to fight a black hole (trust me, i've tried) Nihilus has the power to consume anything he touches and is therefore near invincible. The only way to defeat him is through trickery or through being killed by a wound in the force, e.g. Meetra Surik
7. Yoda
Believed to be the most powerful Jedi Master to ever live, until Luke came along. Master of the force and extremely wise, bested only by Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith ever, and only just.
7. Abeloth
Basically the Mother in the Ones circle. But not as powerful as she was defeated by Luke Skywalker in combat, but was still extremely powerful and with immortal traits.
9. Vitiate
Consuming an entire planet, with help yes but it did make him basically immortal afterwards and massively increased his power. Undisputed (not really) leader of the Sith Empire and basically a very powerful guy.
8. Thon
Don't know much about him, but was considered by a certain Sith to be one of the greatest jedi masters ever, up there with Master Yoda and Nomri Sunrider (whoever she is)
10. Exar Kun
One of the most powerful Sith lords in existence, as proved by Rayla Felana and co. in a heated debate Could only be contained by a Wall of Light, a very powerful force power. And even them lived on as a force ghost and tormented Luke and his Jedi Academy.

Does anyone dare to dispute me?
Okay, so my new list of the Greatest Force Users of All Time would be:

1. Abeloth
2. The Son
3. The Daughter
4. The Father
5. Luke Skywalker
6. Darth Sidious
7. Darth Nihilus
8. Yoda
9. Thon
10. Exar Kun

Does everyone agree? Or should more changes be made. I'm unsure about Thon/Exar Kun or whether i've missed someone out.

EDIT: Some other people who could be on this list: Nomri Sunrider? I know next to nothing about her but I know she was Thon's padawan, pupil surpassing the master? Also Galen Marek AKA Starkiller. People forget that he defeated both Darth Vader and the Emperor, does this make him stronger than both of them? Or at least up their in the top 10?