Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

Aurbere
10.18.2012 , 12:56 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Taczyk View Post
Revan all the way.
Master of light side, master of the dark side, he saved the republic, he as a sith lord created the rule of two, as a jedi was 4000 years ahead saying the jedi should have a family (just like new jedi order) He only lost duels in which he was betrayed. He was able to figth Emperor after being captive for 3 years. We dont know if he really died. We know that he was the heart of the force.
Master of Light Side? Not even close. He knows nothing about the Light Side. Even Yoda did not know everything.
Master of Dark Side? Yeah... NO! Not even close.
Revan lost plenty of duels.
Fight the Emperor? Umm... nope. Uh... no. Didn't he get his butt kicked? Yeah I think so.
Did he die? Not on Drew and Bioware's watch
Heart of the Force? Don't know how someone who doesn't know a thing about the Force can become it's Heart. But please, cite Kreia more. I'm sure we would all love to be lied to more. If I wanted to hear Kreia's lies I'd go play KOTOR II again.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
10.18.2012 , 01:00 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Nice necro there.

He never mastered either side of the force, he did not create the Rule of Two he only stated it was a foolish thing for a Sith to have more than one apprentice, Bane took that to the largest extreme possible and stated there could only be two, he wasn't a Jedi at that time, he'd unofficially been kicked out and felt like a trespasser every time he went to visit the Temple, He did lose duels where he wasn't betrayed, He was not able to fight the Emperor, the moment his Oneness faded off (which kicks anyone's ###) he got burnt to a crisp, the Heart of the Force statement was a METAPHOR, if you want to go off of Kreia's word as some kind of canon source then the Exile is by default more powerful than Sion, Nihilus and Revan because she called her the greatest student she had ever trained.

Also, every other force user pales in comparison to Grand Master Luke Skywalker, which is as canon as it gets, so check your facts before letting your massive Fanboyism go on show.

To any other revanites who wonder why I and others tear down Revan as much as possible to show the other side of the coin, well the person I just quoted and others like him/her are the reason.
^These are the facts. Love it! Good work!
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

RDeanOU
10.18.2012 , 08:20 PM | #123
Luke Skywalker is easily #1 and Darth Sidious is the definite #2.

Everyone else is playing for third place.

Darth_Precursor
10.18.2012 , 08:39 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronze_Elemental View Post
Kit Fisto
lmfao
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Lord_Karsk
10.19.2012 , 02:32 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by wbtusmc View Post
In accordance with canon, Luke - greatest all time.

Sidious - greatest Dark Sider

/thread
This....

But i also think soon we can place Ben Luke son up there and maybe Alana.

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 11:17 AM | #126
YOUR ALL SO TERRIBLY WRONG!!!

^^that was mainly just to get your intention but is partly true.

In my opinion neither Luke, Sidious, Vader, Revan, Starkiller, Exar Kun, Plagueis etc are the greatest force users of all time.

I'm going to cheat here and say the Greatest Force User of all time is in fact the Son (from the point of view that the dark side is ultimately stronger than the light).

Why? Firstly he was the embodiment of the dark side of the force, "his connection to the Force existed on a level beyond the domain of the Sith" (Star Wars Encyclopedia) and therefore he was the most powerful dark side user in existence. He was immortal, so any of the force users above would be powerless to stop him. He is the Greatest Force User of All Time.

Beneath him? My list would look like this:
2. the Daughter
Embodiment of the lightside of the force, immortal etc. Only reason she is below the Son is because I believe the dark side to be stronger than the light in its purest form
3. the Father
Presided over the Daughter and the Son and controlled them, orginally he was more powerful than them but age made him weaker and they became stronger.
4. Luke Skywalker
Canonically the most powerful Jedi in existence, had tons of powers and abilites that have already being discussed at length already. In his prime he defeated Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith lord in existence.
5. Darth Sidious
Canonically the greatest Sith lord who ever lived (lol, only gets him spot No.5 - gotta try harder Sidious) Pretty much a master of every aspect of the Dark Side, and you can't argue with G-Canon
6. Darth Nihilus
A living black hole, and we all know how difficult it is to fight a black hole (trust me, i've tried) Nihilus has the power to consume anything he touches and is therefore near invincible. The only way to defeat him is through trickery or through being killed by a wound in the force, e.g. Meetra Surik
7. Yoda
Believed to be the most powerful Jedi Master to ever live, until Luke came along. Master of the force and extremely wise, bested only by Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith ever, and only just.
7. Abeloth
Basically the Mother in the Ones circle. But not as powerful as she was defeated by Luke Skywalker in combat, but was still extremely powerful and with immortal traits.
9. Vitiate
Consuming an entire planet, with help yes but it did make him basically immortal afterwards and massively increased his power. Undisputed (not really) leader of the Sith Empire and basically a very powerful guy.
8. Thon
Don't know much about him, but was considered by a certain Sith to be one of the greatest jedi masters ever, up there with Master Yoda and Nomri Sunrider (whoever she is)
10. Exar Kun
One of the most powerful Sith lords in existence, as proved by Rayla Felana and co. in a heated debate Could only be contained by a Wall of Light, a very powerful force power. And even them lived on as a force ghost and tormented Luke and his Jedi Academy.

Does anyone dare to dispute me?

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 11:50 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
YOUR ALL SO TERRIBLY WRONG!!!

^^that was mainly just to get your intention but is partly true.

In my opinion neither Luke, Sidious, Vader, Revan, Starkiller, Exar Kun, Plagueis etc are the greatest force users of all time.

I'm going to cheat here and say the Greatest Force User of all time is in fact the Son (from the point of view that the dark side is ultimately stronger than the light).

Why? Firstly he was the embodiment of the dark side of the force, "his connection to the Force existed on a level beyond the domain of the Sith" (Star Wars Encyclopedia) and therefore he was the most powerful dark side user in existence. He was immortal, so any of the force users above would be powerless to stop him. He is the Greatest Force User of All Time.

Beneath him? My list would look like this:
2. the Daughter
Embodiment of the lightside of the force, immortal etc. Only reason she is below the Son is because I believe the dark side to be stronger than the light in its purest form
3. the Father
Presided over the Daughter and the Son and controlled them, orginally he was more powerful than them but age made him weaker and they became stronger.
4. Luke Skywalker
Canonically the most powerful Jedi in existence, had tons of powers and abilites that have already being discussed at length already. In his prime he defeated Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith lord in existence.
5. Darth Sidious
Canonically the greatest Sith lord who ever lived (lol, only gets him spot No.5 - gotta try harder Sidious) Pretty much a master of every aspect of the Dark Side, and you can't argue with G-Canon
6. Darth Nihilus
A living black hole, and we all know how difficult it is to fight a black hole (trust me, i've tried) Nihilus has the power to consume anything he touches and is therefore near invincible. The only way to defeat him is through trickery or through being killed by a wound in the force, e.g. Meetra Surik
7. Yoda
Believed to be the most powerful Jedi Master to ever live, until Luke came along. Master of the force and extremely wise, bested only by Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith ever, and only just.
7. Abeloth
Basically the Mother in the Ones circle. But not as powerful as she was defeated by Luke Skywalker in combat, but was still extremely powerful and with immortal traits.
9. Vitiate
Consuming an entire planet, with help yes but it did make him basically immortal afterwards and massively increased his power. Undisputed (not really) leader of the Sith Empire and basically a very powerful guy.
8. Thon
Don't know much about him, but was considered by a certain Sith to be one of the greatest jedi masters ever, up there with Master Yoda and Nomri Sunrider (whoever she is)
10. Exar Kun
One of the most powerful Sith lords in existence, as proved by Rayla Felana and co. in a heated debate Could only be contained by a Wall of Light, a very powerful force power. And even them lived on as a force ghost and tormented Luke and his Jedi Academy.

Does anyone dare to dispute me?
I dare!

The Son and Daughter had to use their combined power in order to keep Abeloth imprisoned. Luke can go toe-to-toe with her. So in this case, Luke is more powerful than the ones. While he couldn't kill them, he could defeat them in battle.

Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 12:04 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I dare!

The Son and Daughter had to use their combined power in order to keep Abeloth imprisoned. Luke can go toe-to-toe with her. So in this case, Luke is more powerful than the ones. While he couldn't kill them, he could defeat them in battle.
From what I gather from Wookiepedia, the Son and the Daughter used their combined power indirectly to imprison Abeloth, because being immortal she could not be physically killed - so a confrontation would be pointless. Whenever Luke Skywalker dueled with Abeloth she was possessing a human body, which would most certainly have a negative effect on her strength. The Ones however, existed in their 'true' forms and were therefore far more powerful. And what we can gather from Mortis, lightsabers would be useless against them, so that eliminates all Skywalker's powers in lightsaber combat, so it comes down to the force - seeing as the Son and the Ones collectively are all embodiments of the force and practically Gods, i think they would win.

EDIT: And what do you think I've my list, it could probably be revised...

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 12:13 PM | #129
From what I gather from Wookiepedia, the Son and the Daughter used their combined power indirectly to imprison Abeloth, because being immortal she could not be physically killed - so a confrontation would be pointless. Whenever Luke Skywalker dueled with Abeloth she was possessing a human body, which would most certainly have a negative effect on her strength. The Ones however, existed in their 'true' forms and were therefore far more powerful. And what we can gather from Mortis, lightsabers would be useless against them, so that eliminates all Skywalker's powers in lightsaber combat, so it comes down to the force - seeing as the Son and the Ones collectively are all embodiments of the force and practically Gods, i think they would win.
They can all be killed by the Dagger so if Luke got his hands on it then he would win. But judging from a power perspective, I'm not entirely sure. Like I've said before, I know little about the Ones and their power. But what I do know is that Luke has done some pretty godly stuff with the Force. Maybe he's roughly equal to them? Who knows. I don't know enough about them to make an accurate assesment. This is just coming from what I know.

If I could just say this: I don't really care for Force gods and stuff like that. Never really did it for me. That's one of the reasons I don't like Superman or Thor. I don't really care for god-like beings so I don't really bother with researching them unless I absolutely have to.

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 12:15 PM | #130
EDIT: And what do you think I've my list, it could probably be revised...
Put Abeloth above Sidious. She's far more powerful in my opinion, seeing as how it takes a full powered Luke to defeat her.