Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mace Windu all time best?


ActionAce's Avatar


ActionAce
02.12.2012 , 06:59 PM | #11
George Lucas has said Mace overpowers Sidious and the lightning isn't working. In that moment if Anikan does nothing the Sith are defeated and gone forever
Quote of the month:
wileycoyote -If there were no "soloers" oohing and ahhing, the "raiders" would look pretty silly just standing around in front of the bank with no audience

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.12.2012 , 07:01 PM | #12
Mace would have died regardless if Anakin intervened or not, its not like he couldn't have done something else and floored Mace with his superior knowledge of the force. Mace may have won the saber duel, but he was gonna lose the battle one way or another.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Gantoris_Aym's Avatar


Gantoris_Aym
02.12.2012 , 07:06 PM | #13
I don't think Sidious was letting Mace Windu win...I mean if he wanted to kill Mace and lie to Anakin, then that would have gotten the same point across. plus, that just seems more like something sidious would do. I think Mace could have taken Sidious because he was handling his lightning just fine, and he was hurting Palps by deflecting it right into his face. I like how Palp got all deformed when he was shocked, but Luke didn't look different at all...

anyways, stop worshipping palpatine. So the books say he can do really cool stuff, but the books just try to invent FORCE GODS all the time, so I don't know how much stock you should put into someone turning Sidious into Darth Jesus Christ. He just is the dark lord of the sith, and Authors want to sell their books, Comics, and video games (force unleashed reference, The main character in that was way too ridiculous).

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Mace would have died regardless if Anakin intervened or not, its not like he couldn't have done something else and floored Mace with his superior knowledge of the force. Mace may have won the saber duel, but he was gonna lose the battle one way or another.
not if GL says he wasn't going to. GL is the absolute decider, and it's GL's galaxy.

darth_freefall's Avatar


darth_freefall
02.12.2012 , 07:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
I don't think Sidious was letting Mace Windu win...I mean if he wanted to kill Mace and lie to Anakin, then that would have gotten the same point across. plus, that just seems more like something sidious would do. I think Mace could have taken Sidious because he was handling his lightning just fine, and he was hurting Palps by deflecting it right into his face. I like how Palp got all deformed when he was shocked, but Luke didn't look different at all...

anyways, stop worshipping palpatine. So the books say he can do really cool stuff, but the books just try to invent FORCE GODS all the time, so I don't know how much stock you should put into someone turning Sidious into Darth Jesus Christ. He just is the dark lord of the sith, and Authors want to sell their books, Comics, and video games (force unleashed reference, The main character in that was way too ridiculous).



not if GL says he wasn't going to. GL is the absolute decider, and it's GL's galaxy.
Well GL says Sidious is the strongest, and as you said its his galaxy.

If you read the novel the force lightning was bending his lightsaber and he was losing his grip. He only stopped the force lightning because Anakin showed up.

Gantoris_Aym's Avatar


Gantoris_Aym
02.12.2012 , 07:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_freefall View Post
Well GL says Sidious is the strongest, and as you said its his galaxy.

If you read the novel the force lightning was bending his lightsaber and he was losing his grip. He only stopped the force lightning because Anakin showed up.
well I watched the movie, read the book, and I read GL's statement. So we have a contradiciton, and that's not my fault. So what you're saying doesn't really mean anything.

Gantoris_Aym's Avatar


Gantoris_Aym
02.12.2012 , 07:30 PM | #16
I've already had this debate anyways...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/a...s-vs-mace.html

Revenaught's Avatar


Revenaught
02.12.2012 , 07:30 PM | #17
Mace windu was an over rated punk.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.12.2012 , 07:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post



not if GL says he wasn't going to. GL is the absolute decider, and it's GL's galaxy.
I know, but he didn't so Mace was gonna die one way or the other. Infact Mace left himself completely open to force lighting or any other force power when he was about to make the final blow.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

RoadtoArkham's Avatar


RoadtoArkham
02.12.2012 , 07:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSublimitas View Post
Yes. Mace Windo, as strong as he was, DID NOT defeat lord sidius. And btw, mace didn't die either when he was tossed out the window - just a bit of star wars lore for you
^this. He was contractually obligated not to go out like a punk. Therefore, he must be alive.


Fun fact: SLJ made up his in-movie lightsaber style himself. That's right, Samuel L. Jackson actually invented the greatest lightsaber style.
Hail to the King, baby.

RoadtoArkham's Avatar


RoadtoArkham
02.12.2012 , 07:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Mace windu was an over rated punk.
Does he look like a punk?!

He's a mushroom cloud layin, motherfudger, motherfudger.

He invented Vaapad, for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every mothereffer in the room. Accept no substitutes.

I can't believe you'd even say that. This is some f*cked-up repugnant sh*t
Hail to the King, baby.