Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Minimum System Requirement is a hoax?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Minimum System Requirement is a hoax?

Samvan
02.06.2012 , 12:27 PM | #1
SWTOR:

Quote:
Processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System

Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Vista/7

RAM

Windows XP: 1.5GB
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB
PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card

ATI X1800 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
TERA:

Quote:
Minimum
OS - WINDOWS XP
CPU - INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.20GHZ
RAM - 2G
Graphics - GEFORCE 7600 GT
Direct X - DirectX 9.0C
So...can anyone explain me why a crappy graphics and free game engine like SWTOR require higher minimum system requirements while a 3x heavier performance game like TERA has lower minimum system requirements?

Because I don't even.....................

Seffrid
02.06.2012 , 12:34 PM | #2
Is the Tera you're talking about the same Tera whose recent EU Beta Weekend got cancelled because the game fell over due to "an unknown technical fault"? If so, I don't think you should start judging performance in that game against performance in SWTOR just yet !

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02...n-technical-f/

Samvan
02.06.2012 , 12:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Seffrid View Post
Is the Tera you're talking about the same Tera whose recent EU Beta Weekend got cancelled because the game fell over due to "an unknown technical fault"? If so, I don't think you should start judging performance in that game against performance in SWTOR just yet !

...which has nothing to do with my question but you mean something that hasn't even been released yet and gave out like over 10 000 keys and everyone trying to login simultaneously?

Yeah, it's a very good stress testing

renegadeimp
02.06.2012 , 12:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Seffrid View Post

You mean the technical fault that is really ongoing legal action over stolen code and assets from NCSOFT?
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Samvan
02.06.2012 , 12:40 PM | #5
Please renegade don't go offtopic it has nothing to do with my question. Thank you.

Still waiting for a valid answer

jhare
02.06.2012 , 01:02 PM | #6
So what is your question? I do not understand the point you are trying to make.

Samvan
02.06.2012 , 01:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jhare View Post
So what is your question? I do not understand the point you are trying to make.
Someone didn't really read my question.

Re-read.

Reply.

Thank you.

Carousel_t
02.06.2012 , 01:10 PM | #8
It's not really a hoax seeing people with very old rigs playing at max details with 720p resolution. What those SWTOR requirements are lacking, is a small, greyed-out text saying "But there's a good chance you will get low FPS whatever your PC is" Won't brag about horrid fps, because we obviously have a separate topic to do it, but I will say this: This engine isn't supporting many hardware parts out there. For instance, it supports 8800 chipsets fully but won't support equivalent on ATI side which is 4770. It's those small things

Samvan
02.06.2012 , 01:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Carousel_t View Post
It's not really a hoax seeing people with very old rigs playing at max details with 720p resolution. What those SWTOR requirements are lacking, is a small, greyed-out text saying "But there's a good chance you will get low FPS whatever your PC is" Won't brag about horrid fps, because we obviously have a separate topic to do it, but I will say this: This engine isn't supporting many hardware parts out there. For instance, it supports 8800 chipsets fully but won't support equivalent on ATI side which is 4770. It's those small things
Thank you dear Carousel. That enlightened me a lot

jhare
02.06.2012 , 01:12 PM | #10
You are trying to compare a game that is a year old to a newer game.