Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I tank Eternity Vault on hard mode?

Kineticvt
02.06.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
Hello, so my guild just did our first raid of normal ev last night and I maaintanked it and it took us a while but eventually we downed everything. Now, this guild is fairly new so most of the members wouldn't be able to do EV Hm. I was thinking about putting together a group for it tonight but was wondering if I could even maintank it with the stats that I have. Powertech ~19.4k hp, 50% dmg reduction, 50% shield and I think about 38% or so absorption without relics popped.

Also if you think I can manage this what would be the most optimum raid composition?
Thanks for any tips in advance

Daovin
02.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2
That's one hell of a shield.

Yes, with a stim on.
"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
―The Infernal One

Kineticvt
02.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #3
Woops, that health IS with a stim, my mistake

gramz
02.06.2012 , 01:06 PM | #4
Jesus PT stats are retardedly high. My jugg in full rakata is sitting at 48% DR, 35% shield, 30% defense, 35% absorb lol.

nametakenz
02.06.2012 , 01:07 PM | #5
raid comp is easy, filll the group with mercs and sorc's and have a taken assasin Dps for off tanking at one of the pillars on pylon boss. you may want a token sniper for the buff and im not sure how your going to get your warrior buff if you're the tank

nametakenz
02.06.2012 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gramz View Post
Jesus PT stats are retardedly high. My jugg in full rakata is sitting at 48% DR, 35% shield, 30% defense, 35% absorb lol.
As is mine. However check out the powertech tanking tree. theres not much there in terms of mitigation,no cds aside from the 25% reduction for 12seconds. PT's get smashed on compared t juggs and assasins from my experience. (As for my experience i also heal) lol

A jugg with 27 points in the DPS tree is still speced into 3times as much mitigation/reduction as a PT. PT's just get alot of bonus endurance

Also notice he didnt mention his defense, i assume he has very little in order to get his shield so high.

Kineticvt
02.06.2012 , 01:13 PM | #7
Yeah my defense is a pathetic 11-12%

nametakenz
02.06.2012 , 01:19 PM | #8
but yeah hm is easy 4/5 atleast, the first 2 bosses you wont even see a difference. pylons takes a lil coordination.. and the council is again free loots

Vairau
02.06.2012 , 01:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gramz View Post
Their defense is way low though. And they have less mitigation cooldowns.