Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Jadus Fight as Operative. (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Darth Jadus Fight as Operative. (spoilers)

seskengo
02.06.2012 , 11:15 AM | #1
I have seen allot of posts about this but most of them are giving good tactics for snipers and saying they should use stuns operatives dont have. Right now i'm lvl 31 and i only have about 3 stuns. Flashbang, Debilitate and Sleep dart so i'm wondering what i should do. I'm having the same amount of bugs as anybody else and i try to get Jadus down the stairs of where he is standing but with no luck. Should i use Vector or Kaliyo? I would be very gratefull if i could get an answer. (And sorry for my poor English) EDIT: I managed to beat him by going behind the computers

Vallowen
02.06.2012 , 12:17 PM | #2
why do you have to pull him down the stairs?

i just killed him where he stood. i used kaliyo, but i use kaliyo for everything, and keep her well geared.

also, you should edit the title a little bit. mentioning that you fight him is a minor spoiler, as some people might not be aware
Spoiler

thecoffeecup
02.06.2012 , 12:21 PM | #3
I have seen posts claiming you should pull him down before. But when I fought him, he wouldn't do it. It's a waste of time anyway.

That said, I killed him just fine. I interrupted him a lot and used Debilitate on cooldown. He wasn't even close to threatening me. Level 32 Concealment, using Kaliyo.

On the other hand, the stupid bug still made me annoyed. That was the worst part of the fight. Actually that was pretty much the whole fight, spam clicking abilities while moving around, hoping that at some point I would be able to hit him.

Tegularious
02.06.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4
thecoffeecup pretty much hit the head on the nail.

In my case I pulled him backwards towards window, seemed to crack at him faster.

Tip, clear the instance first of all other mobs. If the fight is going south on you....he evades for too long glitched, you know Kaliyo is going to die, run away from him through the instance (Try to get a head start as much as possible). He will just give up and reset.

After I died once or twice, I got tired of wasting my cunning stim packs :P

Check out the Operative forums, there is a tread with an official BW response, they are aware of this frustrating glitch and made it priorety to fix.....how long for the fix.... dont know.

Tilure
02.06.2012 , 12:59 PM | #5
he is easy to pull down the stairs, you just put your companion on passive and flash bang him and run down to the second flight of stairs.

Once he is off the platform you won't experience the targeting issues.

The first round is pretty simple, just let Kaliyo tank and keep her alive while you squeeze in damage.

Rest up between rounds and make sure FB is off CD to start the next round.

I found the remaining rounds to be easiest by fighting among the computers to the right of the platform if you are facing the platform.

For these rounds I used Vector. Since Jadus is constantly stunning your companion I didn't think there was much value in using Kaliyo, I was also 2 or 3 levels below the quest so he was hitting pretty hard. But if you fight among the comps, its easy to just los him when he starts his attacks as he doesn't seem to have any instant damage of any significance.

Hit him a few times, then los before the cast ends and he won't hurt you, if you miss one just stun him and heal.

Rahl_Windsong
02.06.2012 , 01:31 PM | #6
What I don't get is the current patch on test actually changes basically same mission on the Republic side for the Smuggler called, "The Lightspring" They made two of the bosses in that encounter so easy the exact words in the patch notes were...

The Lightspring: The toughness of Vaverone Zare and Nariel Pridence has been decreased. This mission can no longer be failed.

Yet the same mission for IA at level 28 remains not fixed in the next patch....

Not to mention that I don't really see it being fixed if all they do is make it so easy there is no way you can fail the mission, how is that fixing anything?

Just to clarify my post, The Lightspring and Defender of the Empire are basically the same mission because if the player does not learn to use their interupts they will not win the fight in either mission.
Captain El'amber Level 48.5 Scoundrel
Cipher Agent El'ember Level 42 Operative
Lord El'zara Level 40 Sorceress