Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Entity


Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
02.06.2012 , 07:06 AM | #1
http://www.torhead.com/codex/9f5jr5v/the-entity-warrior

Well, who do you think she is and what is your opinion on her future role in the game's storyline.

Spoiler


Noone can be 100% sure who the Entity is because nothing about her true identity is offically confirmed, but there are some speculations concerning this:

Many people (including me) think that the entity is in fact Kreia, main antagonist of KotOR 2. The codex entry fits Kreia perfectly, especially this part: "Centuries ago, she nearly brought the galaxy to its knees and all but eradicated the Jedi Order; to be used as a mere political tool by Darth Baras is an insult to these past deeds."

It seemes logical that we have the Jedi Entity and the Sith Entity in the game. It is confirmed that Exile is in fact the jedi entity so it is very likely that Kreia is the sith entity.

I believe that she will appear in the game again in the future for sure. The question is: what role will she play.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

RevMg's Avatar


RevMg
02.06.2012 , 11:42 AM | #2
It makes no sense for her to be Kreia when it comes to her personality. The Entity calls Emperor "my love". Seeing as Kreia despised Nihilus and Emperor is Nihilus on steroids it is completly out of character. Not to mention Kreia coudln't have possibly known about the Emperor's existence. (it was never hinted, and you can call her a liar, but in the Trayus Core i will argue she said no lies). If they really make it happen, and destroy her orginal agenda just to turn her into another Emperor's puppet it will only speak of how much they really care about KotOR2 or that KotOR2 plot was too complicated for them to follow...

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
02.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #3
In beta we had this discussion and most of us agree with the OP, the Entity seems to be Kreia. The Codex entry seems to fit her perfectly, the attempt at killing untold numbers of people hundreds of years ago,the gift of visions through the force,etc. I look forward to seeing more about the Entity now that she has been freed and can return to the Emperor.

RevMg, I think your characterization of the Emperor as "Nihilus on steroids" is off and actually diminishes the Emperor's power. Do they have a similar ability?Yes, similar but not the same and it's only one aspect of his powers,he has so much more.

Kreia didn't necessarily know or have to know about the Emperor at the time, she could have met him after her "death" at the hands of the Exile or when she was transformed into the Entity. Also, Kreia would definitely find the Emperor appealing;look at how she latched onto the Exile who she believed to be a wound in the Force,the Emperor makes Meetra seem like a Jawa compared to him and might be right up Kreai's alley thus her declaring him her love.

So respectfully, I disagree with your arguments against it being Kreia.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.”

Kedan's Avatar


Kedan
02.06.2012 , 12:59 PM | #4
The problem with the Kreia theory is that the Emperor, and his goals, would be anathema to her.

Her stated goal was to free the Galaxy from the manipulations of the Force, in theory allowing them to make their own fates (a common theme in that particular writer's stories). The Emperor wants no such thing. You could argue that his ultimate goals are directly counter to the ends Kreia was working for. And he is like Nihilus, minus 10 pounds of hunger and plus 10 tons of paranoid insanity.

Spoiler


There's just no way you can reconcile what she wanted with what he wants and say that she would support him, short of her completely losing it after her death (assuming you didn't already believe she'd gone off the deep end).

RevMg's Avatar


RevMg
02.06.2012 , 01:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kedan View Post
The problem with the Kreia theory is that the Emperor, and his goals, would be anathema to her.

Her stated goal was to free the Galaxy from the manipulations of the Force, in theory allowing them to make their own fates (a common theme in that particular writer's stories). The Emperor wants no such thing. You could argue that his ultimate goals are directly counter to the ends Kreia was working for. And he is like Nihilus, minus 10 pounds of hunger and plus 10 tons of paranoid insanity.

Spoiler


There's just no way you can reconcile what she wanted with what he wants and say that she would support him, short of her completely losing it after her death (assuming you didn't already believe she'd gone off the deep end).
Just what i wanted to say in my first post, but written in a better way


Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Also, Kreia would definitely find the Emperor appealing;look at how she latched onto the Exile who she believed to be a wound in the Force,the Emperor makes Meetra seem like a Jawa compared to him and might be right up Kreai's alley thus her declaring him her love.
Kreia adored the Exile not bc she was a wound in the Force but bc she was a living proof that her(Kreia's) plan to kill the Force may succeed.

cdstephen's Avatar


cdstephen
02.06.2012 , 01:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kedan View Post
The problem with the Kreia theory is that the Emperor, and his goals, would be anathema to her.

Her stated goal was to free the Galaxy from the manipulations of the Force, in theory allowing them to make their own fates (a common theme in that particular writer's stories). The Emperor wants no such thing. You could argue that his ultimate goals are directly counter to the ends Kreia was working for. And he is like Nihilus, minus 10 pounds of hunger and plus 10 tons of paranoid insanity.

Spoiler


There's just no way you can reconcile what she wanted with what he wants and say that she would support him, short of her completely losing it after her death (assuming you didn't already believe she'd gone off the deep end).
Actually, the Emperor in consuming all life would rid the galaxy of the Force.

In the book Revan, when various characters travel to the Emperor's homeworld, they note that there is a distinct lack of Force, causing them extreme trauma. The world is not only dead, but dead of the Force.

If the Emperor were to do this everywhere, the Force would essentially be destroyed in its entirety by taking it all in for himself. This more or less aligns with Kreia's goals of taking revenge upon the Force for the suffering it brought her.
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

RevMg's Avatar


RevMg
02.07.2012 , 08:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cdstephen View Post
Actually, the Emperor in consuming all life would rid the galaxy of the Force.

In the book Revan, when various characters travel to the Emperor's homeworld, they note that there is a distinct lack of Force, causing them extreme trauma. The world is not only dead, but dead of the Force.

If the Emperor were to do this everywhere, the Force would essentially be destroyed in its entirety by taking it all in for himself. This more or less aligns with Kreia's goals of taking revenge upon the Force for the suffering it brought her.
So you are saying that Kreia stopped Nihilus from consuming ppl only to leave them for the Emperor to consume, despite the fact that she was not even aware of his existence?

(The only difference between Nihilus and Emperor's power is that Nihilus's one did not act as a bleach too)

Kreia's goal was to free ppl from the Force. Not to kill them. Ppl belived that living without Force was not possible. The Exile proved it possible. Hence Kreia was fond of the Exile.

(I am aware it may soon be retconned(if it wasn't already), but hey, the Star Wars Underworld(live tv series) may undo Darth Vader...)

cdstephen's Avatar


cdstephen
02.07.2012 , 05:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RevMg View Post
So you are saying that Kreia stopped Nihilus from consuming ppl only to leave them for the Emperor to consume, despite the fact that she was not even aware of his existence?

(The only difference between Nihilus and Emperor's power is that Nihilus's one did not act as a bleach too)

Kreia's goal was to free ppl from the Force. Not to kill them. Ppl belived that living without Force was not possible. The Exile proved it possible. Hence Kreia was fond of the Exile.

(I am aware it may soon be retconned(if it wasn't already), but hey, the Star Wars Underworld(live tv series) may undo Darth Vader...)
I thought Kreia hated Nihilus because a) he helped Sion cast her out of Malachor, and b) he became a slave to his own power.
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

Arraegath's Avatar


Arraegath
02.07.2012 , 07:20 PM | #9
Isn't she the emperor's wife?

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
02.09.2012 , 07:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cdstephen View Post
I thought Kreia hated Nihilus because a) he helped Sion cast her out of Malachor, and b) he became a slave to his own power.
This.

As far as I remember from KotOR 2, Kreia wanted to free galaxy from the force - she was 'compelled' to the exile bacause meetra managed to live while being cut away from the force.

And she did not wanted to eliminate Nihilus just because he killed few jedi. :P She didn't really care. In fact, she killed some jedi later on herself.

So it seems logical that the Entity/Kreia may be attracted to the Emperor because he is the only person in the galaxy that is capable of achieving what she wants, her ultimate goal.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!