Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

Creopolus's Avatar


Creopolus
02.06.2012 , 03:34 AM | #1
We fulled clear hardmode last week and decide to do nightmare mode operations. We went 5/10 nightmare and every single boss has the exact same loot as hardmode. I even googled just to double check.


Every single boss from nightmare drops the exact same amount and exact same loot as hardmode bosses.



Why?

Itchy_Bum's Avatar


Itchy_Bum
02.06.2012 , 03:49 AM | #2
I think this is as intended, and to be honest I do not necessarily disagree with this.

If you can beat nightmare why would you need better gear?

I believe the nightmare modes are there more for achiemvenet getters.

Jiav's Avatar


Jiav
02.06.2012 , 06:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Itchy_Bum View Post
I think this is as intended, and to be honest I do not necessarily disagree with this.

If you can beat nightmare why would you need better gear?

I believe the nightmare modes are there more for achiemvenet getters.
Not like nightmare is considered MUCH harder than "hard" mode which is not even hard. There is no need for better gear, we cleared nm modes with fresh twinks in 50% green clear.

PvE gear progression in this game is kinda obsolete, since you don't need very high dps/ or good players at all in order to beat any raid encounter.

Once the raid encounters are properly tuned, maybe in the future, you will also need adequate gear to clear those. Right now, gear is not a huge factor in pve.

Fact is if you can clear all the encounters with your current gear, you dont really need new gear.

Creopolus's Avatar


Creopolus
02.06.2012 , 06:38 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
Not like nightmare is considered MUCH harder than "hard" mode which is not even hard. There is no need for better gear, we cleared nm modes with fresh twinks in 50% green clear.

PvE gear progression in this game is kinda obsolete, since you don't need very high dps/ or good players at all in order to beat any raid encounter.

Once the raid encounters are properly tuned, maybe in the future, you will also need adequate gear to clear those. Right now, gear is not a huge factor in pve.

Fact is if you can clear all the encounters with your current gear, you dont really need new gear.

Your logic is very flawed. By your logic you should remove all rakata gears, battlemaster gears and columni gears from the game. You can clear all those encounters with all tionese gears. Lets the gear cap be 126ilvl. Heck just make hardmode drops normal mode loot along with nightmare. Lets just have one set of gear from all difficulty.

Just because the difficulty progression is flawed doesn't mean you dumb down the gear progression to match.

KinkyFluff's Avatar


KinkyFluff
02.06.2012 , 07:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
There is no need for better gear, we cleared nm modes with fresh twinks in 50% green clear.
You cleared nightmare modes with people still in greens? What other gear were they wearing? I'm quite curious, thank you.

Jiav's Avatar


Jiav
02.06.2012 , 07:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Creopolus View Post
Your logic is very flawed. By your logic you should remove all rakata gears, battlemaster gears and columni gears from the game. You can clear all those encounters with all tionese gears. Lets the gear cap be 126ilvl. Heck just make hardmode drops normal mode loot along with nightmare. Lets just have one set of gear from all difficulty.

Just because the difficulty progression is flawed doesn't mean you dumb down the gear progression to match.

It isnt flawed that is how progress works. Raid progross is just linked to the loot progress.

As a raider you normaly need the best gear in order to clear the current hardest raid instance. This gear is normally dropped in the SAME instance. You should be able to clear the first bosses of the raid, with the gear you obtained in the previous raid instance- but not further.

If you can clear the hardest raid instance with the gear from the previous instance, you must have either have the BEST players, which is not the case in swtor, or the difficulty is just off.

There is no need for rakata or 136 gear, simply because YOU do not need it in order to clear the raids. You already outgear the raids with the first epic set. That is not how progress works, sorry.

Some encounters are even based around gear checks, in other games.

Just ask yourself the question.
Why do hardmode raiders need the best gear? Yes, in order to CLEAR the hard modes.

Problem is just, in swtor you don't need the best gear in order to clear the raids, since the regular gear is sufficient, cuz of the easy mode content.

Your rakata gear is just worthless and not even worth the "prestige".

Noxulifer's Avatar


Noxulifer
02.22.2012 , 01:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
Not like nightmare is considered MUCH harder than "hard" mode which is not even hard. There is no need for better gear, we cleared nm modes with fresh twinks in 50% green clear.
gear.
Im sorry, but I think you are a liar! Dps is just way low with 50% green in NM! It doesent matter how good player you are, the enrage timer wipe the raid if dps is low, which it is with green gear!

Fan_Atic's Avatar


Fan_Atic
02.22.2012 , 01:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Noxulifer View Post
Im sorry, but I think you are a liar! Dps is just way low with 50% green in NM! It doesent matter how good player you are, the enrage timer wipe the raid if dps is low, which it is with green gear!
If he was telling the truth this wouldn't be the forums lol. My guess 7 people full rakata 1 scrub mix green blue epic. Of course on the forums that means the whole group was full greens....
This should be required reading for anyone wanting to post on the forums

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...fixed-this-bug

Veriu's Avatar


Veriu
02.22.2012 , 03:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
It isnt flawed that is how progress works. Raid progross is just linked to the loot progress.

As a raider you normaly need the best gear in order to clear the current hardest raid instance. This gear is normally dropped in the SAME instance. You should be able to clear the first bosses of the raid, with the gear you obtained in the previous raid instance- but not further.

If you can clear the hardest raid instance with the gear from the previous instance, you must have either have the BEST players, which is not the case in swtor, or the difficulty is just off.

There is no need for rakata or 136 gear, simply because YOU do not need it in order to clear the raids. You already outgear the raids with the first epic set. That is not how progress works, sorry.

Some encounters are even based around gear checks, in other games.

Just ask yourself the question.
Why do hardmode raiders need the best gear? Yes, in order to CLEAR the hard modes.

Problem is just, in swtor you don't need the best gear in order to clear the raids, since the regular gear is sufficient, cuz of the easy mode content.

Your rakata gear is just worthless and not even worth the "prestige".
You are missing one point of how progression raiding works.

Gear that drops in nightmare, should also be able to be used in the next content.

Perhaps, to beat the first few bosses of the next Operation, your raid needs to be in full rakata.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Lord_Of_Sith's Avatar


Lord_Of_Sith
02.22.2012 , 04:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
You are missing one point of how progression raiding works.

Gear that drops in nightmare, should also be able to be used in the next content.

Perhaps, to beat the first few bosses of the next Operation, your raid needs to be in full rakata.
Full rakata is attainable from hardmodes alone. Even if they changed it so nightmare dropped 4 rakata instead of 2 rakata, the only result would be making it quicker to gear alts in rakata.