Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Losing out on HM FP Loot because of wipe or zone out.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Losing out on HM FP Loot because of wipe or zone out.

TheThrace
02.06.2012 , 12:07 AM | #1
This has happened multiple times to me and others i have talked to and it is really getting old.

I was thrown off the walkway by Malgus in FE and it immediately sent me out of the instance, he was killed right after I was thrown off (tank) and it would not let me back in, the BH columi chest dropped but I could not roll and i did not even receive a comm for completing the instance.

We killed Mentor in D7 but some dps left 2 turrets up by a core, everyone died but me... I killed mentor and I know I should have looted boss but I wanted to rez people. I was still in combat so I couldn't, the turrets killed me before I could kill them and we were locked from re-entering the instance.

First time at last boss in BP after a few attempt we were like ok lets kill Massey, then Boss, then healer. We killed Massey, and Boss (middle guy) but the healer enrage at 7% and wiped us, once again we were locked out because killing middle guy completes instance.

There are other instances were this type of thing has happened or someone rezones after dieing to run back and were d/q'd from loot. I realize most if there scenarios could have been avoided by using proper strategy or just having a better group but this is a serious issues that needs to be addressed.

Sending tickets of course as we all know, is useless.

Anyone else have a similar case?

vicious_cake
02.06.2012 , 12:22 AM | #2
I had exactly the same problem with BP HM last time. This problem lies within the game mechanics that decide when a HM is completed; By killing the boss or one specific boss in the case of BP.

Nothing we can do but waiting until it gets changed.

Raltar
02.06.2012 , 01:17 AM | #3
Happened to me in Taral V. Had adds up after we killed the boss and the adds killed us. We couldn't get back in to get our loot because the instance locks right after the last boss is killed.

TheThrace
02.06.2012 , 07:30 AM | #4
Yeah this is hella annoying and i worry that it may never be fixed or at least not soon. I mean this is built into the game, its just the way the instances work and the fix/change for it may take a massive amount of reprogramming. I would like to at least see a dev or GM mention the issue because I have been hearing alot of groups complain about this.

krinaman
02.06.2012 , 07:34 AM | #5
This really needs fixed but there is a fairly lousy solution that will still get you the loot if everyone dies:

1 - No one release
2 - Have one person release and drop group (this person gets hosed and gets no loot)
3 - Invite an alt or someone to run in and rez you (they need to have done whatever quests needed to get into the instance, etc)
4 - That person runs in and rezs someone in the group (the person invited can't loot the body or roll on the loot)
5 - Rezed person loots body (99.9% chance it will be gear for the person that dropped group)

Keep in mind the body disappears after awhile so don't take forever getting in with the alt.

Yeah, it sucks but it's better than no loot at all.

Dantragk
02.06.2012 , 08:07 AM | #6
Happened to our tank in FE. He was moving Malgus to the ledge around 12% and he got pushed off. He wasn't able to get back in. Mount dropped. He wasn't able to come in and roll. Also didn't get credit.

Question: How do you get credit for beating FE? It's not just beating Malgus? What do you click on after?

raidyr
02.06.2012 , 08:19 AM | #7
+1 to HM FE, one of our party got knocked off and couldn't roll on items or get the crystals at the end.

TheThrace
02.06.2012 , 09:31 AM | #8
Malgus drops a mount in HM FE?

Eileithia
02.06.2012 , 09:48 AM | #9
Yes, Malgus can drop a speeder.

This has happened multiple times in our guild. The top offending zones for us seem to be:

False Emperor (Someone gets pushed off just before Malgus goes down and are now locked-out)
Taral V (Adds wipe group after boss dies)
Directive 7 (Anything left up when Mentor dies and your healer got cooked)

Honestly, this is an extremely simple fix and there are a couple options.

Suggested fix #1:
Add a respawn location IN ZONE (The fact that you don't respawn in-zone already is just stupid)

Suggested fix #2: (And likely the easiest if you're worried about zerg'n boss mobs)
Don't update the damn zone quest until the corpse/chest is LOOTED!

This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

jetah
02.06.2012 , 11:11 AM | #10
we did the 'wrong order' thing in hBP too, lost out on 2 chest because of it. only thing i could think of was doing a battle rez and letting someone try to rez the group.

after missing those 2 chest we just did the medic first and poped all trinkets/buffs so we could get more time on the other 2.

and my group has sent in bug reports about bh being bad.